Beachcomber Hybrid Vs Leep

kmoose

OK, I have been around the block yesterday and today. I've got it narrowed down to the Beachcomber 350 or 550 (same tub, features are different as is the price) or the Hot Springs Vanguard. 350 is the cheapest, then the Vanguard, then the 550 - about $1500 btw the lowest and highest if I go with "Hybrid" on the Beachcomber.

He wasn't a hard sell on the Hybrid but it is about $800 more and I still can't see why I want it. Something about having everything under the step - while it makes sense for a service tech - seems like a bad idea to me. They claim better energy efficiency vs the LEEP design (the more traditional enclosed motor). He claims the Hybrid is quieter and is more efficient as it has "ECO4WALL" vs ECO3WALL insulation - I guess where the motor is on the LEEP model they cannot claim full insulation...is it worth the extra $$ to get the Hybrid design?

OK, I have been around the block yesterday and today. I've got it narrowed down to the Beachcomber 350 or 550 (same tub, features are different as is the price) or the Hot Springs Vanguard. 350 is the cheapest, then the Vanguard, then the 550 - about $1500 btw the lowest and highest if I go with "Hybrid" on the Beachcomber.

He wasn't a hard sell on the Hybrid but it is about $800 more and I still can't see why I want it. Something about having everything under the step - while it makes sense for a service tech - seems like a bad idea to me. They claim better energy efficiency vs the LEEP design (the more traditional enclosed motor). He claims the Hybrid is quieter and is more efficient as it has "ECO4WALL" vs ECO3WALL insulation - I guess where the motor is on the LEEP model they cannot claim full insulation...is it worth the extra $$ to get the Hybrid design?

In my opinion yes...when you take into consideration what the Hybrid includes hush pump,step,led everlight,reflex foot massage,nicer looking jets,thicker cover. All these things are added cost on the LEEP model. If you dont see any value in these items and feel the claims about energy savings are false then the LEEP model is for you...good luck.

In my opinion yes...when you take into consideration what the Hybrid includes hush pump,step,led everlight,reflex foot massage,nicer looking jets,thicker cover. All these things are added cost on the LEEP model. If you dont see any value in these items and feel the claims about energy savings are false then the LEEP model is for you...good luck.

I ordered a 540 Hybrid. A couple of weeks to go. Very excited.

I ordered a 540 Hybrid. A couple of weeks to go. Very excited.

Congrats...I hope you enjoy it.