Costco Legend Elite Spa

belchak

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the website

http://www.platinumhottubs.com/

I have the Platinum Elite II (not the Legend Elite, this year's model) , as do many of those here who have one.

The owners, for the most part (one vocal exception), are happy.

Those who sell other brands sem to dislike them.

By vocal, I assume you mean me. But since I have observed that there are only about five self-identified platinum elite owners that have logged comments on the board, that means my voice represents a significant percentage of dissatisfaction. Which by the way you seem to impugn without giving merit to the the reason I am vocally unhappy: I got a lemon and Hydrospa's service and responsiveness has been unsatisfactory.

As a consumer, I'd want to know that info about any product before I laid down some serious money for any product. Hope yours continues to run well and gives you many years of service. I'll loudly post when they get mine right. The tech is working on it now.

By vocal, I assume you mean me. But since I have observed that there are only about five self-identified platinum elite owners that have logged comments on the board, that means my voice represents a significant percentage of dissatisfaction. Which by the way you seem to impugn without giving merit to the the reason I am vocally unhappy: I got a lemon and Hydrospa's service and responsiveness has been unsatisfactory.

As a consumer, I'd want to know that info about any product before I laid down some serious money for any product. Hope yours continues to run well and gives you many years of service. I'll loudly post when they get mine right. The tech is working on it now.

Thank you so much for your input. You stated what you had to say very nicely. I appreciate all the information!

Like I said, "vocal". :rolleyes:

I saw that Costco has a hot tub called the Legend Elite Spa. There is no information available on line that I can find. Does anyone know about it? Like how much horse power and the like?? All I know is it has 78 jets and is $4899.99

I saw one of these at my local Costco and have to admit the appearance it pretty good for a 5K spa, however there were two things that I don't like right off the bat. A total of 5 foot jets, that wouldn't work for me mine, has far more than that in one seat. Great foot therapy is must in my opinion, this one doesn't have it. No lounger wouldn't work for me either. I was skeptical of them at first but once I tried a spa with a lounger I consider it a "must have". I jumped in one to try the seat size and found them to be not wide enough through the shoulders for a larger athletic built person. I am 6'1" and 235 lbs. I had to squeeze my shoulders in to fit in the largest of the seats. I paid more for my spa but to me the features it has over this one makes it worth the extra money. If you are a smaller shouldered person on budget and looking for a party tub that will fit 6 small people this might work for you.

Like I said, "vocal". :rolleyes:

If vocal is meant as derogatory commentary I find it weak. My arguments are valid and just because you got a spa that works, it does not invalidate my crappy experience.

In this case you slur me and roll the eyes in order to draw attention away from the plain and simple facts: Hydrospa sold me an inferior product and has delivered inferior customer service for six months. Those are concrete facts. By the way sliverfish, here is some higher math for you to cogitate on. If five of you love the Hydrospa tub and one of me got a lemon, then Hydrospa produces lemons at a clip of around 18%. This is an unscientific, but frightening prospect for anyone thinking about buying one of these turkeys.

I won't slink to your level of reasoning, but I will bury you in an argument of fact because I have facts. So go swim upstream in your new spa, be glad you got one that works and enjoy a beer for me.

Here's the website

http://www.platinumhottubs.com/

I have the Platinum Elite II (not the Legend Elite, this year's model) , as do many of those here who have one.

The owners, for the most part (one vocal exception), are happy.

Those who sell other brands sem to dislike them.

I don't think theres an owner here that has owned one of these units for more than what, 2-3 months? Maybe 6 and IMO no one can give an opinion on value and longevity in that time.

A great track record?

Stop, put the kool-aid down, and take a step back from the kool aid.

I am not anti costco/hydro tub by any means, but I don't think it's had a GREAT track record. There have been many people, not just JMendoza that have had problems. I would say to someone who is on a budget and is handy that the hydro tub would be a good possibility for consideration but this whole notion that they are just as good as a 10K tub is crazy.

I agree with Roger there are very few people on here posting about the costco/hydro tubs that have had them longer than a few months.

I would say almost 90% of the posts sounds something like this: We just had our PII installed last week or last month and so far we love it and haven't had any problems with it. I can rememebr 1 poster that had it like 6 months.

Are you getting your great track record source from other places paint? I would love to see reviews from someone who's had a PI for 3 years and how they feel about it now.

the platinum series spa has been out a few years already, this is the third series the Legend and so far has three years of a great track record. In my opinion thats plenty of time to make a opinion on value and longevity.

You are allowed to see it differently than me paint. But I use 10 years as my benchmark for longevity and it takes 5 years to determine value. But you may see value differently than me. On the high end units I like to use 15 as the benchmark for longevity and 10 for value. Half the price half the life expectancy. Now you throw in maintenence and operation cost over the shorter value period to determine value, sorry but in my eyes P1,2,3 not close yet.

I use 10 years as my benchmark for longevity and it takes 5 years to determine value.... On the high end units I like to use 15 as the benchmark for longevity and 10 for value.

Don't feel picked on, Paint; Roger applies this standard to all brands. He's only reluctantly given a recent tentative nod to Arctic.

We have been in business for 12 years and now have a few thousand spas that have passed that 10 year mark. Despite our tremendous growth within the last five years, we are still a relative newcomer to the industry. Just as we have had to earn the respect of our customers by establishing the quality of our product and developing a dealer network for service, so too we know that we must work to earn the respect of the industry as a whole.

Sometimes you just have to wait for the patterns to emerge. Give it time.

I understand but remember that the P.E. I cost $3500 and the P.E.II cost only $3999.00. If they only last half of what a "great spa" cost then you recieved the same value of the more expensive spa. So once the P.E. I last seven years, then it will meet your test of value. Anything beyond seven years is a great value then.

If vocal is meant as derogatory commentary I find it weak. My arguments are valid and just because you got a spa that works, it does not invalidate my crappy experience.

In this case you slur me and roll the eyes in order to draw attention away from the plain and simple facts: Hydrospa sold me an inferior product and has delivered inferior customer service for six months. Those are concrete facts. By the way sliverfish, here is some higher math for you to cogitate on. If five of you love the Hydrospa tub and one of me got a lemon, then Hydrospa produces lemons at a clip of around 18%. This is an unscientific, but frightening prospect for anyone thinking about buying one of these turkeys.

I won't slink to your level of reasoning, but I will bury you in an argument of fact because I have facts. So go swim upstream in your new spa, be glad you got one that works and enjoy a beer for me.

OK, painfully vocal? :unsure:

I'm not sure where you see a slur. Clearly, though, a sample size of 5 (I don't know whether that number's accurate or not) is not a statistically valid sample size. So, if I could match wits with your superior intellect, I might dispute your claim of having facts. But, you're right, I wouldn't stand a chance against your genius.

But, yeah, mine works and I'm content with it.

I have the Platinum Elite II (not the Legend Elite, this year's model) , as do many of those here who have one. The owners, for the most part (one vocal exception), are happy. Those who sell other brands sem to dislike them.

You can label me however you like, but another personal dig won't help your arguments.

It was you who intially raised the point about the number of satisfied users on this forum. All five or six of you. I simply asserted --while admitting the statistical operation was unscientific-- that based on this specific sample, Hydrospa was producing lemons at a rate of 18%.

My facts are simple. I got a lemon from Hydrospa and would not recommend their product to others. The fact that this seems to bother you must be attributed to something. Maybe you're associated with paintnsunni or maybe you're a shill for the product.

In any case. I am not impressed by the fact that your spa works. I have a big secret for you: that is what you paid $4000 for it to do.

You can label me however you like, but another personal dig won't help your arguments.

It was you who intially raised the point about the number of satisfied users on this forum. All five or six of you. I simply asserted --while admitting the statistical operation was unscientific-- that based on this specific sample, Hydrospa was producing lemons at a rate of 18%.

My facts are simple. I got a lemon from Hydrospa and would not recommend their product to others. The fact that this seems to bother you must be attributed to something. Maybe you're associated with paintnsunni or maybe you're a shill for the product.

In any case. I am not impressed by the fact that your spa works. I have a big secret for you: that is what you paid $4000 for it to do.

Yes, there's a large international conspiracy group thats plotting against you. Just you. Everyone who doesn't agree with you is in on it.

But, yes, you're far too smart for me. I'll never be able to win an arguement. I mean, if I ever have one. By the way, your "facts" really don't bother me. In fact, I don't care. You seem to really enjoy having a spa that doesn't work. Who am I to try to deprive you of that joy?

I don't recall suggesting that I needed you to be impressed. And, no it's not a secret. I pay $4K and it works. I'm OK with that. I wasn't expecting any more.

Don't feel picked on, Paint; Roger applies this standard to all brands. He's only reluctantly given a recent tentative nod to Arctic.

We have been in business for 12 years and now have a few thousand spas that have passed that 10 year mark. Despite our tremendous growth within the last five years, we are still a relative newcomer to the industry. Just as we have had to earn the respect of our customers by establishing the quality of our product and developing a dealer network for service, so too we know that we must work to earn the respect of the industry as a whole.

Sometimes you just have to wait for the patterns to emerge. Give it time.

My nod to Arctic may have come sooner but we have no local dealer so I just have not disected many of these units. However on the advice of another independent, who's a friend of mine, in the MPLS/STP area where they is a dealer, He has seen a few and gives me my info. But they are still on the edge of gaining a value rating. I think they are nice stuff but on the high side of cost. Maybe if we had a local dealer.....Tom!!!

:rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

BUYER BEWARE !!!!!

Hydrospa has poor customer service. I have a platinum / legend series hot tub from costco.

the price is very good but the warranty service is very very poor. Hydraspa has zero customer service.Costco offers no warranty. i bought my hot tob in dec/2005 and the spa pack went defective in aug/06 . getting the part took 3 months, i called every week to find out where the parts were. i got a different story every time i called, some times from the same person. getting someone to do the warranty work took another 3 months. one guy came out and installed the spa pack , but more parts were needed. those parts took another 2 months to arrive, the original installer would not come back( he would not even return my calls-my guess is that he did not get paid for the work he did).they finally found a new service guy and the repair was finally finished.only time will tell if the work holds up!!!the whole experience took 6 months!!

www.elitespas.com is the website in the owners manual, www.platinumhottubs.com has the legend and platinum series tubs.they appaer to be owner buy hydrospa in st petersburg florida, thats the name of the company when you call 1 800 749 8003 fom the manual.

I have heard similar stories from other people that have purchased this hot tub from costco.

BUYER BEWARE !!!!!

Hydrospa has poor customer service. I have a platinum / legend series hot tub from costco.

the price is very good but the warranty service is very very poor. Hydraspa has zero customer service.Costco offers no warranty. i bought my hot tob in dec/2005 and the spa pack went defective in aug/06 . getting the part took 3 months, i called every week to find out where the parts were. i got a different story every time i called, some times from the same person. getting someone to do the warranty work took another 3 months. one guy came out and installed the spa pack , but more parts were needed. those parts took another 2 months to arrive, the original installer would not come back( he would not even return my calls-my guess is that he did not get paid for the work he did).they finally found a new service guy and the repair was finally finished.only time will tell if the work holds up!!!the whole experience took 6 months!!

www.elitespas.com is the website in the owners manual, www.platinumhottubs.com has the legend and platinum series tubs.they appaer to be owner buy hydrospa in st petersburg florida, thats the name of the company when you call 1 800 749 8003 fom the manual.

I have heard similar stories from other people that have purchased this hot tub from costco.

I have always recieved courteous and responsive help from the manufacture when I called with questions. I was able to speak with a knowledgable person that answerd all of my questions thoroughly and efficiently.

I saw that Costco has a hot tub called the Legend Elite Spa. There is no information available on line that I can find. Does anyone know about it? Like how much horse power and the like?? All I know is it has 78 jets and is $4899.99

I purchased the The Legend from Platinum Hot Tub Spa at Costco about two months ago. I give it 5-stars. Of course they didn't deliver it but I hired someone that normally sets up hot tubs. I found this persons name from another hot tub dealer. He charged me $200 to drive it about 15 miles, but he had two other men with him. Best part was he had a trailer specially built for hot tubs, laid it on its side, drove it to our house, and unhooked the trailer and they pulled it around to the back of the house. It was well worth the $200. He also offered to do the wiring, but I said no thanks when he asked me if I wanted to "purchase an electrical permit." I hired a professional electrician, and of course like all projects we take on, the panel and the hot tub was the farthest two points from each other. The electrician was awesome, did the work and even installed a separate post to attach the pull in and another electrical outlet for future lights, etc.

The hot tub is great. Filled it up, got the chemicals and everything is going great. This hot tub includes a radio/mp3/cd player which we really haven't listened too much, but the speakers are great. We did get the paper print out for installing the tub, the radio/mp3/cd booklet, and a one page sheet for the cover. Personally, the page for the cover was the most confusing as the pictures were not clear. A couple of arrows pointing here and there are not very helpful. But we're smart people, we finally figured it out.

We did have to call the manufacturer/dealer for a couple of things. We didn't get the locks for the cover, they sent them to us promptly and even called to tell us they were shipped. We did call regarding questions we had about the cycles, they weren't terrible helpful, but again we figured it out. I also called them regarding a couple of "dig marks" on the seats, nothing hugh but they wanted to send a repair person out immediately. Unfortunately the tub is full of water and it would have to be empty for them to repair it. I'll call them back in March when I empty it. The manufacturer/dealer was great on the phone and very helpful in fulfilling our needs.

One thing I was really surprised at we that we received a telephone call from Costco asking us if we were having any problems with our hot tub freezing as here in the northwest apparently there were some complaints about insulation and cold weather. Since we had just purchased it and had just filled it up with water, I didn't have any comments. But I certainly appreciated the call from Costco. It's nice to know some stores still consider customer service.

The hot tub is great. It's got more jets than we'll ever use. Each seat is just a little different in the way the jets are placed. Each jet can be manually turned on or off which is a real treat. The waterfall feature isn't something we use. We all the jets are turned out, the water is really moving. I also like that fact that it has two filters, makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. Like I said, I give this hot tub 5-stars and I'm thrilled with our purchase.

I purchased the The Legend from Platinum Hot Tub Spa at Costco about two months ago. I give it 5-stars. Of course they didn't deliver it but I hired someone that normally sets up hot tubs. I found this persons name from another hot tub dealer. He charged me $200 to drive it about 15 miles, but he had two other men with him. Best part was he had a trailer specially built for hot tubs, laid it on its side, drove it to our house, and unhooked the trailer and they pulled it around to the back of the house. It was well worth the $200. He also offered to do the wiring, but I said no thanks when he asked me if I wanted to "purchase an electrical permit." I hired a professional electrician, and of course like all projects we take on, the panel and the hot tub was the farthest two points from each other. The electrician was awesome, did the work and even installed a separate post to attach the pull in and another electrical outlet for future lights, etc.

The hot tub is great. Filled it up, got the chemicals and everything is going great. This hot tub includes a radio/mp3/cd player which we really haven't listened too much, but the speakers are great. We did get the paper print out for installing the tub, the radio/mp3/cd booklet, and a one page sheet for the cover. Personally, the page for the cover was the most confusing as the pictures were not clear. A couple of arrows pointing here and there are not very helpful. But we're smart people, we finally figured it out.

We did have to call the manufacturer/dealer for a couple of things. We didn't get the locks for the cover, they sent them to us promptly and even called to tell us they were shipped. We did call regarding questions we had about the cycles, they weren't terrible helpful, but again we figured it out. I also called them regarding a couple of "dig marks" on the seats, nothing hugh but they wanted to send a repair person out immediately. Unfortunately the tub is full of water and it would have to be empty for them to repair it. I'll call them back in March when I empty it. The manufacturer/dealer was great on the phone and very helpful in fulfilling our needs.

One thing I was really surprised at we that we received a telephone call from Costco asking us if we were having any problems with our hot tub freezing as here in the northwest apparently there were some complaints about insulation and cold weather. Since we had just purchased it and had just filled it up with water, I didn't have any comments. But I certainly appreciated the call from Costco. It's nice to know some stores still consider customer service.

The hot tub is great. It's got more jets than we'll ever use. Each seat is just a little different in the way the jets are placed. Each jet can be manually turned on or off which is a real treat. The waterfall feature isn't something we use. We all the jets are turned out, the water is really moving. I also like that fact that it has two filters, makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. Like I said, I give this hot tub 5-stars and I'm thrilled with our purchase.

Hi,

I am thinking about getting the Legend Elite from Costco but as you have to pick it up yourself I was woundering if this a job 2 guys with a trailer could do?

I was thinking of sitting the tub in my deck well up to the level on the CD/FM player, has anyone done this? Would you recomed it? Post some pics if you can.

Thank you.