New Guy - Maintenace Recommendation

therubberduck

I've been a lurker on this forum for the last couple of months. Between this forum and the hot tub chemistry I think I've learned quit a bit; I've got a Taylor Test Kit on order!

I'm pretty new to spa's and I bought my first one, a Hot Spring Spa a couple of months ago.

Anyhow, my questions is this. What would you guys recommend for routine maintenance on a spa? Specifically, should I wax the spa tub every couple of months, should I use a system flush every time I refill with water, how should I care for the cabinet, etc?

Thanks

I've been a lurker on this forum for the last couple of months. Between this forum and the hot tub chemistry I think I've learned quit a bit; I've got a Taylor Test Kit on order!

I'm pretty new to spa's and I bought my first one, a Hot Spring Spa a couple of months ago.

Anyhow, my questions is this. What would you guys recommend for routine maintenance on a spa? Specifically, should I wax the spa tub every couple of months, should I use a system flush every time I refill with water, how should I care for the cabinet, etc?

Thanks

If your talking about waxing the inside I wouldn't do it. Anything you put on the inside surface has a chance to end up in the filters. Now waxing the outside might not be a bad idea since you have a synthetic cabinet.

Dave

Thanks

If your talking about waxing the inside I wouldn't do it. Anything you put on the inside surface has a chance to end up in the filters. Now waxing the outside might not be a bad idea since you have a synthetic cabinet.

Dave

For the 20+ years that I owned my Sundance Cabaret, I waxed it when changing the water (and only did that every year or so). At that time, it was recommended to wax the acrylic using car wax. But, things have changed (e.g. changing the water every 3 mo.). There's nothing in my Marquis owners guide about waxing the shell. Perhaps contacting the mfr would be a good idea on this one.