Help! Need Advice On La Spas Heet !

LAguy

Brand new here, so thanks for any advice you can give.

I have been looking into spas in pretty good detail and I think the LA Spas H.E.E.T. model probably fits everything I need.

I went to a dealer that was having a "black friday" sale yesterday and he quoted me a price of $10,000 (out the door) for the 61 jet model with all the water features, lighting, circ pump and full foam and delivery/setup. He said retail was $15,000. He showed me some email from the company showing this was an at cost price because they were making room for 2011 models.

I just find this price to be high for an LA SPA. There are other better brand names for less. Anybody have any feedback on this? I have to buy it this weekend for that 'special' price. I don't know if I can trust this dealer or not.

ALSO any feedback on LA Spas as a brand? Good one to go with?

Thanks much!

i think the price is high, even for a black Friday sale,,, if you figure margins...that cannot be cost,,, typically the manufacturer does not send out an email that the price is at cost ,, and then show that to the customer.....i bet the cost is more like 5,500 to 6,500 . It probably is a good spa , we do not have a dealer in the Northwest were we are.... But i still think it is high, You might also look at D1, Marquis, Hot Springs, Jacuzzi, Sundance, Clearwater to name a few ... check them out and see what there prices are and how they compare,,,,,,

Brand new here, so thanks for any advice you can give.

I have been looking into spas in pretty good detail and I think the LA Spas H.E.E.T. model probably fits everything I need.

I went to a dealer that was having a "black friday" sale yesterday and he quoted me a price of $10,000 (out the door) for the 61 jet model with all the water features, lighting, circ pump and full foam and delivery/setup. He said retail was $15,000. He showed me some email from the company showing this was an at cost price because they were making room for 2011 models.

I just find this price to be high for an LA SPA. There are other better brand names for less. Anybody have any feedback on this? I have to buy it this weekend for that 'special' price. I don't know if I can trust this dealer or not.

ALSO any feedback on LA Spas as a brand? Good one to go with?

Thanks much!

people actually use this as a sales technique? if someone pulled that on me I would seriously ask them "how stupid do you think I am" and just like stated above I would bet a month's pay they pay under 7k for that tub at cost

Well the "cost price" on the actual tub was $6950. Then there are all the add ons like full foam, circ pump, lighting, premium waterfalls, water management system. No stereo though.

I feel it is high too. The person that paid $8000 - can you tell me what features yours has?

Thanks!

Well the "cost price" on the actual tub was $6950. Then there are all the add ons like full foam, circ pump, lighting, premium waterfalls, water management system. No stereo though.

I feel it is high too. The person that paid $8000 - can you tell me what features yours has?

Thanks!

That is far from true. That spa does not cost the dealer $7k and retail is nowhere near $15k lol. I can't say what it should cost but you're getting some real BS on some of this.

That is what I figured. Just don't know that brand very well. It looks like a great spa though if you like hydrotherapy and the bells and whistles to go along with it.

I'll tell you what I tell some of my customers...don't get tied up too much with the "bells & whistles" because after the "new tub excitement" wears off you won't care about all the extra bells & whistles, what you will care about is how much the thing costs a month to run, is it easy to keep the water clear, meaning good filtration and circulation and is it something that will hold up over 10+ years outside in the elements...good luck

I'll tell you what I tell some of my customers...don't get tied up too much with the "bells & whistles" because after the "new tub excitement" wears off you won't care about all the extra bells & whistles, what you will care about is how much the thing costs a month to run, is it easy to keep the water clear, meaning good filtration and circulation and is it something that will hold up over 10+ years outside in the elements...good luck

DITTO.

Thanks!

It has ozone, blower, waterfall, 4 port water feature, the led colored lights that you never use,

2 pumps, cover, and steps. 1 lounge, 2 corner seats w/ neck jets, and 2 other seats.

Thanks!

It has ozone, blower, waterfall, 4 port water feature, the led colored lights that you never use,

2 pumps, cover, and steps. 1 lounge, 2 corner seats w/ neck jets, and 2 other seats.

Yep sounds exactly like mine. What is the blower for? Are the lights too bright to use? Also have you figured out how much it raised your electric bill? This is the only spa I cannot find an energy efficiency rating listed which concerns me.

That is what I figured. Just don't know that brand very well. It looks like a great spa though if you like hydrotherapy and the bells and whistles to go along with it.

SO what do you suggest? I've wet tested a few already.

The brightness is fine, you just pick a color and stay with it, the automatic changing of the colors drive me a bit batty. I really don't notice it on my electric bill that much, I also have a pool pump running, and I am all electric, as I'm in the desert outside of Las Vegas, NV.

A few years ago I fitted a meter to check the energy consumption of my spa, below is the link. Remember I have 3 main pumps in mine.

http://www.poolspaforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=10714&st=0&p=49355&hl=energy&fromsearch=1entry49355

Thank you. That is very helpful. I didn't know you can fit spas with their own meters. Is that something the installer needs to do?

You have a beautiful set up by the way. Great photos.

Thank you. That is very helpful. I didn't know you can fit spas with their own meters. Is that something the installer needs to do?

Thankyou for your comment, about the set up, it was hard work but worth it.

Regarding the meter I managed to borrow a landlords meter from work. I have a sub board and I fitted it there. Any electrician could fit one. There is a cheaper way to monitor the spa power consumption. You can buy an energy meter which you clamp around the line and it will measure the energy usage, however I do not know how accurate these are.

Thankyou for your comment, about the set up, it was hard work but worth it.

Regarding the meter I managed to borrow a landlords meter from work. I have a sub board and I fitted it there. Any electrician could fit one. There is a cheaper way to monitor the spa power consumption. You can buy an energy meter which you clamp around the line and it will measure the energy usage, however I do not know how accurate these are.

Another question for the distinguished panel!

Full foam insulation or not? One dealer told me it is not needed at all. Makes it difficult to get to components. Another one told me it really helps with efficiency. I live in Los Angeles so not a really cold climate.

Yes or no?

Another question for the distinguished panel!

Full foam insulation or not? One dealer told me it is not needed at all. Makes it difficult to get to components. Another one told me it really helps with efficiency. I live in Los Angeles so not a really cold climate.

Yes or no?

The fact you live in California should have little bearing on your need for teh spa to be eenrgy efficient. You may not get the cold weather but you sure do pay high energy rates. Besdeis, even if your rates were low do you want to pay more than we have to? As far as the insualtion question itself, thats a tochy subject for some. I'm certainly a full foam advocate but I won't argue with those who say an alternate method can work, I just don't trust the majority of them and when they don't work you'll notice.

• 11 years later...