Deep Water Therapy Pools

zoetman

I have been looking at deep water therapy pools. I am disabled and getting out to the pool in our area is just getting too difficult. Does anyone have experience or knowledge of the:

l. Endless Pool fiberglass swimspa - 8 X 18 they come in depths of 4.5', 5' and 5.5' (I believe). Looks like about $30,000 including everything.

2. EZ Therapy pool - 7 X 12 this is much cheaper - at about $8,000 including everything. One would use a swim harness to swim.

These are for indoor use. Any info or alternatives would be great. I want to be able to do upright water aerobics in about 4.5-5' of water as well as have a swimming alternative. (I'm not sure what it is like to swim with a tether). Thanks in advance!

You can check out HydroWorx therapy pools. They have all different sizes of pools and the option for a deep well that is 7 feet deep. The other great thing about HydroWorx pools is that they come standard with a 3x5 intergraded treadmill in the pool along with swim spa jets and massage therapy hoses. They are great pools with all different sizes and styles to fit any needs. www.hydroworx.com

You can check out HydroWorx therapy pools. They have all different sizes of pools and the option for a deep well that is 7 feet deep. The other great thing about HydroWorx pools is that they come standard with a 3x5 intergraded treadmill in the pool along with swim spa jets and massage therapy hoses. They are great pools with all different sizes and styles to fit any needs. www.hydroworx.com

thank you Newbie. I will check them out. I've heard that swimming against jets as opposed to paddle wheel/propeller is "turbulent" which would not be good for me - I am pretty disabled in a lot of places, with weak arms and shoulders from a badly healed shoulder operation.

My swimming pool has swim jets and I added them to benefit my disabled son so I know where you are coming from. Mine are in a trianglar design with one jet below the other two, this jet helps with his buoyance, this design may also be something worth considering for yourself.

thanksFootie - I will consider jets; however I'm going to try to find a reasonable "propeller" or "paddle wheel" swim spa first. Does your son swim against the jets?

I agree with footie the jets would be great for you if you are having a lot of problems. With jets on the HydroWorx pool they can be used for balance resistance exercises and swimming. And in you are having a lot a shoulder pain the massage hose is great. I have used it before. Plus the added benefit of the treadmill in the therapy pool was always a huge plus for me. Hope this helps you.

• 2 months later...

I ended up getting a 14X 7 endlesss pool. I had it built up so the water is 53-55 inches. The installer was amazing - he was able to make a slope out of cement so I could get that 2" of extra water depth in one end. It has 4 jets and, of course, the "fastlane" which makes you feel like you are swimming in a soft river current and it keeps you in place. I heat it up to 92. It is dreamy. So glad I did it. The installer is Aquatic Horizons from NewPort Richey, FL. He travels all over the country instlling pools. Best thing I ever did for myself.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been looking at deep water therapy pools. I am disabled and getting out to the pool in our area is just getting too difficult. Does anyone have experience or knowledge of the:

l. Endless Pool fiberglass swimspa - 8 X 18 they come in depths of 4.5', 5' and 5.5' (I believe). Looks like about $30,000 including everything.

2. EZ Therapy pool - 7 X 12 this is much cheaper - at about $8,000 including everything. One would use a swim harness to swim.

These are for indoor use. Any info or alternatives would be great. I want to be able to do upright water aerobics in about 4.5-5' of water as well as have a swimming alternative. (I'm not sure what it is like to swim with a tether). Thanks in advance!

You probably have read my preliminary review on the premium leisure. I will do an update soon. I can tell you this at this point: Since that review I used the tether that came with the unit and I like it very much. I don't find it obtrusive, cumbersome or uncomfortable. I have used it with and without the propeller and it works well. Using it with the propeller allows you to change the intensity of the workout. The advantage I see so far about using the tether is that makes your swim experience more forgiving. For example, we all have a tendency to be stronger on one side - the tether pretty much helps you to stay in the center and also prevents you from hitting the end of the swim spa if you overcome the current momentarily. Since trying the tether, I have been doing all of my exercising with it. I believe Premium Leisure and I am sure Endless does also, sell a treadmill and a rowing attachment as options. Hope this helps.

• 5 months later...

You probably have read my preliminary review on the premium leisure. I will do an update soon. I can tell you this at this point: Since that review I used the tether that came with the unit and I like it very much. I don't find it obtrusive, cumbersome or uncomfortable. I have used it with and without the propeller and it works well. Using it with the propeller allows you to change the intensity of the workout. The advantage I see so far about using the tether is that makes your swim experience more forgiving. For example, we all have a tendency to be stronger on one side - the tether pretty much helps you to stay in the center and also prevents you from hitting the end of the swim spa if you overcome the current momentarily. Since trying the tether, I have been doing all of my exercising with it. I believe Premium Leisure and I am sure Endless does also, sell a treadmill and a rowing attachment as options. Hope this helps.

Boone, you have the swimmers edge 18 model, right? How much did you pay and how do you like it after having it for a few months? i'm considering buying one.

• 1 year later...

I'm not an expert with anything but Ithink the idea of a pool for therapy is great. I hope you enjoy it and benefit from that.

• 1 month later...