Natural Spring Spas...?

boxerbill

Has anyone heard of this brand? I cant find anything on them what so ever... The dealer states they are made in the USA, but other dealers are telling me that they are made in china, but with a topside control thats made in the USA, that is why they are stating made in the USA.. When I ask them for the manufacturer's phone number to contact them, all they do is beat around the bush. So I decided to come here for information... Someone please shed some light on these spas? Who are they and where are they from? They are advertising all over the New England area..

http://naturalspringspas.com/

IMHO, any spa manufacturing company not willing to put their contact information including their address or phone number on ANY of their resources carries a huge red flag. Their address and phone number weren't even printed in their owner's manual. Where that tub is made is the least of your issues with this company (and it's a big one). They don't appear to want to be contacted.

Spa stores that are competing against them are stating that they are not up to code to sell in the US.. anyone have any light on what they are talking about? I just dont have much money to spend on a tub, and they look good, but every store around them is telling me to run... I just wish someone had some light on these tubs, I cant find anything...

Technically, a portable spa's classified as an "appliance". As such, they're required by most cities to be tested and certified, as a complete unit, by UL. As far as I know, no Chinese spa is. The way they "get around" it is to use some part(s) that is UL listed, and most municipality inspectors are fooled by the UL listing on the individual part into thinking the entire spa is UL listed.

With all the horror stories I've heard with the Chinese spas...I'd personally take Forrest Gump's mothers advise.

Spa stores that are competing against them are stating that they are not up to code to sell in the US.. anyone have any light on what they are talking about? I just dont have much money to spend on a tub, and they look good, but every store around them is telling me to run... I just wish someone had some light on these tubs, I cant find anything...

Sounds real shady to me. Do not buy that tub, save your money and get a tub with a known good reputation - Jacuzzi, Hot Springs, Dimension 1, etc.

When I ask them for the manufacturer's phone number to contact them, all they do is beat around the bush. So I decided to come here for information...

http://naturalspringspas.com/

I think the first sentence above tells you all you need to know. Lack of transparency is almost always a harbinger of things to come.

Ok, one of their competitors states that a company called Cal Spa is involved in making these spas from china and shipping them into the US.. True? I looked up Cal Spa and all I see is bad reviews with Costco.... Ok, bottom line.. Where can i get a good spa for 4k, that is all I have to Spend. Another company here selling spas is called Pinnacle Spas. I looked them up, and they seem to be good so far...?

Ok, one of their competitors states that a company called Cal Spa is involved in making these spas from china and shipping them into the US.. True? I looked up Cal Spa and all I see is bad reviews with Costco.... Ok, bottom line.. Where can i get a good spa for 4k, that is all I have to Spend. Another company here selling spas is called Pinnacle Spas. I looked them up, and they seem to be good so far...?

I'd hate to see you settle for something of lesser quality because you don't have the budget to get something good. For $4k you can get a good used spa if that's all you have to spend.

If buying used is not for you for whatever reason, I say put the $4k you have now in the bank and add $100 a month to it (about equal to what a poorly insulated cheap spa would cost you to run monthly if you bought one today) or more if you can swing it and wait until you have enough to get a quality made spa.

This is one i have not heard of. so the curious one i am i checked out their site . I find it interesting that they say their tubs are listed with CE,ROHS,C-TICK,SAA,UL and ISO but no listing numbers.....

they post that no other manufacturer packs more features in their tub,,,So are they implying that there are better than the likes of D1, Jacuzzi, Sundance, Hot Springs, Clearwater, Marquis. just to name a few...it makes you wonder about these guys. they also state the exclusive junk: Acc heater( it is a flow thru heater), Strongest shell in the world, ( yet most your brands use the same companies for there acrylic, except for chinese tubs.) oh theysy have an exclusive 24 holur hour circulation( it looks familiar to me , they are used on many brands, also exclusive ozone.

This makes me question this companies tubs. also could not find the warrany sheet anywere. they also show they are Great Island Adventures. also there website looks bad look at the typing not clear, also alot of the lines are cut short....i would stay away from these tubs...IMO

If all you have is $4k, don't buy a new tub from some mystery brand, spend $2000 on a newer used brand like Sundance, Marquis, D1.

Buying a $4000 new spa is a guaranteed waste of money, you will end up with a crap spa.

Reading through the owner's manual, I found this little tidbit:

"Time Out Error- It is not likely that you will ever see this error. It indicates that the system's heartbeat is out of control, all devices will shut down and the spa is unusable. This message will rarely ever occur, if it does, please contact Applied Computer Controls."

Smacks of Engrish to me.

Terminator

I haven't heard the ACC name in years, I must have retrofitted hundreds of those out for something that actually worked back in the late '80s.

ACC is what you put in a spa if you don't want to spend noney on the good stuff, like Balboa and SBSG, shoot, even rotomolded crap like Vikings use Balboa.

Any time the "Contact Us" part of the spa manufacturer's webpage never gives up an address, that is a dead givaway.

Here is their brag page about pumps, imagine! 6 BHP!!! LOLOLOL

In a 48 frame no less!!!

What a giant steaming pantload, why didn't they just say 20 HP?

pumps.png

"Spa owners will experience a 50% increase in energy efficiency during filtration mode since the plump is able to fully operate at only two amps.

50% increase in energy running in low speed, using only 2 amps? Wouldn't that mean that high speed draws 4 amps? A 240v motor drawing 4 amps is all of 1-1/4 HP

"Spa owners will experience a 50% increase in energy efficiency during filtration mode since the plump is able to fully operate at only two amps.

50% increase in energy running in low speed, using only 2 amps? Wouldn't that mean that high speed draws 4 amps? A 240v motor drawing 4 amps is all of 1-1/4 HP

Yes, and 6 BHP would be in the neighborhood of 19 amps.

Enough to flat cook the relays.

I like the part where they claim they have the exclusive on switchless pumps.

If they were making the claim in the late 70's, it might be believable.

This manufacturer is 100% full of BS.

A couple of their competitors explained this to me... One of the competitors stated that his representative knows the guy in China making these... I have decided, not to buy this spa. I cant find anything on this company, nor have I heard one good thing. You guys have pointed out things that I could not find, and I examine everything to a "T" when looking to purchase. I guess I will continue to look for a pre owned spa, and yes I will get it from a dealer. Also these people selling these spas are in the back of a run down warehouse that used to be a NAPA auto parts store, and all they do is bash everyone else spas... I guess from what I hear from other competitors in the area is that the girl they have selling these spas is a stripper...lol.. She is a very pretty girl, but you can tell when you talk to her that BS is all that comes out of her mouth. I told a couple of the other stores what she was explaining to me, and they were laughing so hard, and told me that is a total lie... They are even offering me discounts now and trying to get me to finance a spa rather than buy one of those Natural Spring Spas..Im sure glad I found this message board.