Panel Removal 01 Tiger River Sumatran

sharkshirt

I purchased an 01 Sumatran "as is." I've already fixed one leak which required me to put it up on blocks and dig under the spa. However - while it is still up on blocks and I'm testing to make sure the fix holds - I spotted a new leak. This one is coming out from behind the panel on the corner. I can remove the panels on each side of the spa - as they are held in with 6 screws. However, I haven't the slightest idea on how to remove the CORNER panels. I need to be able get this corner pane off so I can ge to the jets where I believe the leak is coming from. Any idea on how to PROPERLY remove the corner panels of a Tiger River Sumatran?

Thanks!

I purchased an 01 Sumatran "as is." I've already fixed one leak which required me to put it up on blocks and dig under the spa. However - while it is still up on blocks and I'm testing to make sure the fix holds - I spotted a new leak. This one is coming out from behind the panel on the corner. I can remove the panels on each side of the spa - as they are held in with 6 screws. However, I haven't the slightest idea on how to remove the CORNER panels. I need to be able get this corner pane off so I can ge to the jets where I believe the leak is coming from. Any idea on how to PROPERLY remove the corner panels of a Tiger River Sumatran?

Thanks!

They are not really made to come off. You have to try to get the staples on the bottom to release (using a pry bar) then pry up on the panel(s) and hope they come off without breaking. Work a pry-bar up towards the top as you pry with your hands from the bottom.

Which corner is leaking? Is it the corner to the right of the motor compartment?

Thanks - I noticed - and did end up using a screwdriver to get under there and pull them off slowly. I was able to pull off what I needed (or at least I think) and dig in deep to find the leak. It is on the corner with the 8 or so jets - filter side, just other corner. I've dug out most of the foam, but still need to clear some more to really figure out what I'm looking at. So far seems to be a couple elbows leading into the jets with a piece of ridged tube in the middle. It is either one of the elbows or the tube that is leaking. More digging and maybe a mirror will help.

Always dig more foam than you think you need to, you will need that room after you find the leak, also, Devcon Plastiweld can fix some leaks w/o cutting out the pipe, mix it and put it on a small piece of cloth, and wrap all the way around the outside of the affected joint.

web%20Decvon%20Plastic%20Welder%2025%20ml.jpg

Dries hard really fast, so have the area clean and dry before mixing.

Leak was in a pvc joint at the bottom set of jets. I cut out the leaking joint - unscrewed jet - and cut tube and flex pvc. Made connections and replaced everything to the jet. Next day - filled tub and turned those jets on. Everthing held fine. However - the jet next to it has a joint leaking now!! Gotta love this stuff. So, now two new jets and components are on their way. The jet I just replaced will be cut out and both jets, pipes, tubes will be replaced in the next day or so. This is fun! Hard part is tearing into the insulation and getting to the pipes that need cut out. Easy part is working with the PVC and tubing. Tub will be used soon! : )

Devcon held the weekend so I packed insulation back in. Used the fill a bag with insulation and stuff in there method instead of spraying expansion foam in. Also put the panels back on - pain in the rear to do that, but they went back on with some liquid nails and a staple gun.

Anyway - filled the tub and was able to use it for the first time last night. Thanks for the assistance and suggestions.

• 1 year later...

Thanks!

They are not really made to come off. You have to try to get the staples on the bottom to release (using a pry bar) then pry up on the panel(s) and hope they come off without breaking. Work a pry-bar up towards the top as you pry with your hands from the bottom.

Which corner is leaking? Is it the corner to the right of the motor compartment?

Mine (Sumatran) is leaking at the corner to the right of the motor compartment. Old thread, but can you give me a clue where to start looking?

Thanks!

• 11 years later...

I know this is very old post, but I also have a Sumatran hot tub that is leaking in the corner to the right of the pump panel.  Any idea how to even begin to find the leak and then fix it?  i can feel a hole in the particle board under that same corner and the water is dripping out 2-3 drops every couple of seconds.