Leisure Or Barrier Reef?

• 3 months later...

Leisure Pools manufacture theirs here in the US in San Antonio. In my opinion they have the best pool in the Market. Both companies are from Australia and use the Aquaguard gelcoat for it's color with the exception of Leisure has been in the US for five years now and is the top fiberglass pool manufacturer in Australia.

• 6 months later...
Leisure Pools manufacture theirs here in the US in San Antonio. In my opinion they have the best pool in the Market. Both companies are from Australia and use the Aquaguard gelcoat for it's color with the exception of Leisure has been in the US for five years now and is the top fiberglass pool manufacturer in Australia.
yeah, but of those 5 years in south texas, leisure pools has not been able to find a dealer that can handle there product without going out of business or dropping the line. looking through the bbb records i have foubd 4 or 5 dirrerent companies that have handled the line in 5 years!

• 1 month later...
yeah, but of those 5 years in south texas, leisure pools has not been able to find a dealer that can handle there product without going out of business or dropping the line. looking through the bbb records i have foubd 4 or 5 dirrerent companies that have handled the line in 5 years!

I have been the electrical contractor for a couple of different leisure contractors. 1 is gone, the other has been doing it for 2 years for them, and prior to that, the manufacturer was doing their own installs. It isn't fair to blame leisure pools for the problems that these contractors have had. If you check the BBB (south Texas) for pool contractors in general, you will see a number of pool contractors who cratered this last year. The incredible amount of rain created all sorts of problems and put many pool contractors (gunite included) out of business. Leisure pools builds an awesome pool. I have seen the manufacturer take care of issues that should have been handled by the contractor. I can't speak for GBR pools as I don't know a GBR dealer here in San Antonio. As the pool electrical work is somewhat specialized, I do work on other pool manufactures and gunite as well. I would recommend Leisure over all the rest, unless you were looking for a custom shape or a deeper pool for diving.

TXT

I have been installing fiberglass pools for over 25 years. I am not a dealer for Leisure or Barrier Reef but I will give you my 2 cents worth. I don't think that I would buy a fiberglass swimming pool from a company that is not manufacturing in the U.S. If any problems do arise are you going to be able to count on them to take care of them? You can't blame a manufacturer for what their "independent dealers" do. Most fiberglass pool manufacturers screen their potential dealers before allowing them to be dealers, but in reality they have no control over their dealers actions. I am a Hawaiian/Aloha fiberglass pool dealer and they have a manufacturing facility in Texas as well, so it might be worth your while to check on their product and dealers as well.

• 1 year later...

Pantherfan -

It has been a few years since you posted this thred but if you are out there what did you end up doing? We are looking at both of those brands but I am having a hard time with a contact back from Leisure pools and finding someone to install it in my area.

Alysen

I am looking at pools from Leisure Pools and Barrier Reef. Can anyone provide any experience with these brands good or bad. Thank you for your reponse.

I have sold Leisure Pools for over a year now without on incident, before that I carried Viking and Composite Pool Corperation, I can tell you that there is a big difference between those two companies and last I heard Barrier Reef was pretty much out of the picture. Leisure pools are the easiest pools to repair if you have to, and the only reason we had to, was because we dropped our spreader bar on the pool. On the other hand we have Viking and Composite Pools less than 4 yrs old cracking like crazy, and Viking Pools will not even give us a repair date on them.

I am looking at pools from Leisure Pools and Barrier Reef. Can anyone provide any experience with these brands good or bad. Thank you for your reponse.

I have sold Leisure Pools for over a year now without on incident, before that I carried Viking and Composite Pool Corperation, I can tell you that there is a big difference between those two companies and last I heard Barrier Reef was pretty much out of the picture. Leisure pools are the easiest pools to repair if you have to, and the only reason we had to, was because we dropped our spreader bar on the pool. On the other hand we have Viking and Composite Pools less than 4 yrs old cracking like crazy, and Viking Pools will not even give us a repair date on them.

Thanks! I responded to you on the other post as well. Sorry I hadn't read this first. Wonder what happened to Barrier. In any case...any help locating a builder for leisure in my area would be great! Where are you located? We looked at Viking but I had some people on various forums say they had issues. In particular with their color coats. Leisure makes me comfortable as they have been doing color coats for years in Australia and have a great coat warranty. Trilogy looks interesting as well but I can't get a call back from them.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks! I responded to you on the other post as well. Sorry I hadn't read this first. Wonder what happened to Barrier. In any case...any help locating a builder for leisure in my area would be great! Where are you located? We looked at Viking but I had some people on various forums say they had issues. In particular with their color coats. Leisure makes me comfortable as they have been doing color coats for years in Australia and have a great coat warranty. Trilogy looks interesting as well but I can't get a call back from them.

We are good friends with Tony from Barrier Reef pools and have installed many of his pools. Excellent pools. Not the cheapest but by far the best quality you can get. Barrier reef just started manufacturing out of SC and we can help if your still in the market for a pool. I have a fiberglass pool refinishing company called fiberglasspooldoctor.com and we are Florida based but we can travel and have 20 years experience installing fiberglass pools. Take a look at our site and give us a call about any questions.

• 7 months later...

Well the poster obviously has no idea what he is talking about maybe getting facts to post instead of hearsay would serve them better. Barrier Reef not only are they still in business, they managed over the last 18 months, open a 50,000 square foot plant in SC along I-20 near Florence but also built 10 new molds, expanded their dealer base, opened 2 new distribution centers and established some very good relationships with leaders and pioneers in the pool business. If you're still in the market for a QUALITY fiberglass pool let me know, I will gladly help.

Pantherfan -

It has been a few years since you posted this thred but if you are out there what did you end up doing? We are looking at both of those brands but I am having a hard time with a contact back from Leisure pools and finding someone to install it in my area.

Alysen

Sorry to step in but if you are still looking for a pool, send me your contact info and general location and I will have someone in contact with you today representing Barrier Reef Pools. Barrier Reef is alive and well and going strong.

Pantherfan -

Alysen

Sorry to step in but if you are still looking for a pool, send me your contact info and general location and I will have someone in contact with you today representing Barrier Reef Pools. Barrier Reef is alive and well and going strong.

Everyone knows I'm a Leisure guy, but I think Barrier Reef is really moving in the right direction and Tony(owner) seems to genuinely care about building a quality product.......if only other manufacturers would care so much...

Thanks Mark - Tony is one heck of a guy.

We want to make sure everyone out there knows despite what might have been said by others in the pool business, Barrier Reef Pools is alive and well. We opened a new 50,000 square foot North American Headquarters, manufacturing, marketing and sales facility in South Carolina in October 2008. Since then, we have managed to produce 10 molds, I doubt any other fiberglass manufacturer can say they have accomplished the same; opened 2 new distribution centers, and continued to expand our dealer base. We were ONE of ONLY TWO manufacturers to display at the Mid-America Pool and Spa Show - the Midwest's largest pool and spa show. We were the ONLY manufacturer to bring a full size pool to the show. We are introducing 4 new molds this spring; one of those shapes is absolutely unique, you'll have to wait and see about details. We started offering a white gel coat as an other option and this season we will introduce another white that will be absolutely fantastic. For those homeowners and dealers looking at Barrier Reef Pools, we are a company of pool builders; the ownership has been building, selling, installing and distributing colored fiberglass pools since 1984 all over the world in every imaginable climate and conditions. We genuinely care about the pool business not just our bottom line. We look forward to providing each and every one of you a beautiful, stunning Barrier Reef Pool.