$249 For Steps?

Razorhog

Good job on the steps, and anyway though the plastic one may have matched your tub cladding now, there is always a chance that the sun will fade their plastic and in no time at all they would be a different colour. You've saved yourself $230 and got the pleasure in the knowledge that you built those steps every time you get in and out of the tub.

Please let me add a pic of my own home built steps for our MasterSpa H2X. The tub is 50 inches tall and the only available steps looked like you were approaching the Supreme Court Building, and had no handrails (which I thought useful for kids and grandparents). These are 24 inches wide, 72 inches tall with lots of hooks for towels and robes (on the side you see plus the back you don't see). We've used them two years. I though I might need to tie them to the spa side but they are perfectly stable as they sit.

IMG_9347.jpg

After a long wait, and research, the wife and I have decided to buy spa. We are set to buy a Jacuzzi J-280. It is a 2009 floor model that has never had water in it. The dealer is asking $5299 - cover, delivery, 2 months chemicals and setup included. I was set to pull the trigger when I asked if the steps are included. They informed me that they were not included and they cost $249. That seems a little expensive to me. Couldn't I just buy some steps from Amazon or something for much less? Or are the Jacuzzi steps really worth that much? I guess I could tell them to keep them on the show room floor next to the empty spot where the tub used to be :D

For a little more pizazz.......add a few angles and some lights!

Randy

100_9325.jpg

100_9418.jpg

100_9414.jpg

100_9350.jpg

100_9296.jpg

Very nice, Randy! I love the lighting on the deck.

Thanks Razorhog. What's ironic is, that all the various angles and the planters/benches were a huge job, but the lights, that were simple to install and only about $100, is what everyone notices! Really makes the deck stand out, though. Definitely would recommend installing them....thanks.

Please let me add a pic of my own home built steps for our MasterSpa H2X. The tub is 50 inches tall and the only available steps looked like you were approaching the Supreme Court Building, and had no handrails (which I thought useful for kids and grandparents). These are 24 inches wide, 72 inches tall with lots of hooks for towels and robes (on the side you see plus the back you don't see). We've used them two years. I though I might need to tie them to the spa side but they are perfectly stable as they sit.

IMG_9347.jpg

Looks nice. How do you like the swim spa? I met Michael Phelps, the USA Olympic swimmer last week in Las Vegas and he said he trains in one and worked with master spa to design some new ones.

I sell Sundance Spas but I'm considering selling the master spa swim spa,any thoughts?

I met Michael Phelps, the USA Olympic swimmer last week in Las Vegas and he said he trains in one and worked with master spa to design some new ones.

I sell Sundance Spas but I'm considering selling the master spa swim spa,any thoughts?

Talk about paid advertising! Do you really think Michael Phelps trains in a swim spa for the Olympics? That's like Jimmie Johnson training in a straight off-the-lot Chevy Malibu for his NASCAR races. And do you really think he had design responsibility on those. Maybe he tried one out and gave them some feedback but this is Master Marketing (the same people who bring you the traveling spa circus) so I take anything they say with a grain of salt.

As far as carrying a swim spa; just compare theirs to the others on the market and go with the best one based on product and manufacturer

Looks nice. How do you like the swim spa? I met Michael Phelps, the USA Olympic swimmer last week in Las Vegas and he said he trains in one and worked with master spa to design some new ones.

This post stinks so bad of Master deception I have to plug my nose, and put on my boots.

This post stinks so bad of Master deception I have to plug my nose, and put on my boots.

What do you guys have against Masters? The Phelps opportunity seem likes a very good business move. There is a Masters dealer in my market. They are small and don't have the room to display the swim spas. So the territory is open for swim spas.

They have good things to say about Masters. I spoke to about 10 different Masters dealers last week at the show, and they were happy. I spoke with 3 other big, multi store, Sundance dealers that signed up to sell the swim spas.

There were 2 Jacuzzi dealers and 2 Hot Springs dealers that also signed up to sell them. Masters had a meet and greet party with Phelps at the house of blues and the place was packed. I spoke with Phelps and he did confirm that he swims in one and gave a lot of input to the Masters designers. He seemed very sincere about helping out the Boys and Girls clubs and about growing the sport of swimming. He took many pictures and signed autographs. While I don't agree with all of Masters marketing, they hit it out of the park with Phelps. I read about PR articles on Google and Yahoo. I must have seen 20 TV commercials on CNN & Fox news over last 2 weeks with Phelps. The $5000 license fee is to get all Point of Purchase stuff including a 3D 50" HD TV, Banners, TV, Newspaper and Radio commercials and for a share of the $ 1,000,000 in ads Masters is placing for their dealers. The $5000 is much cheaper than I can buy all that stuff. I love selling Sundance and I think that Masters has the best swim spa program that I've seen. I asked some of the masters reps about the shady show program. They said that all manufactures do off site events. They pointed out the masters delaers that did the events. They introduced me to them and said ask them anything you'd like. So I did. They explained that most all of them sold Hot Springs, Sundance, Jacuzzi, LA, D1,Coleman, Cal and Caldera years ago. Some still carry the other lines. Many of the dealers worked together on shows are shared ad costs, expenses and sales teams. I asked if Master dictates has business has to be done and they all said. No Master is pretty easy to get along with, they take care of their customers and their dealers. I got a follow up call from the territory rep yesterday. He was checking in. I was waiting for the high pressure close I always hear about. I didn't happen. I asked for a few dealers numbers so I could call to see how there treated. He gave me about 40 dealers, all in his territory. I called many of them. They were all happy, most had a good year last year. I'll let you all know if we join them.

I spoke with Phelps and he did confirm that he swims in one and gave a lot of input to the Masters designers.

What would you expect him to say? I'm sure he has swam in one before and was happy to get one for free. I'm sure he had about 2 minutes of deign input like "yeah, I like it".

I asked some of the masters reps about the shady show program. They said that all manufactures do off site events.

BULL. No one travels around with a corporate run show like them. Its the SHADY tactics from that show that piss people off.

If they come to your area with that show they'll sell under your nose and then give the customers your name/address when the issues arise and the promises fall through, as they often do (see below):

http://www.rhtubs.com/cgi-bin/reviews/reviews.pl?md=read;id=9485

http://www.rhtubs.com/cgi-bin/reviews/reviews.pl?md=read;id=9493

http://www.rhtubs.com/cgi-bin/reviews/reviews.pl?rev=5625

http://www.rhtubs.com/cgi-bin/bbs/config.pl?md=read;id=96106

If you want to carry their swim spas because you think it will sell and want that niche in your store that I understand but please also understand you're not going to be able to change their image because they gave you a few good answers and had a few happy dealers there to tell a good story.

Check out this website that one of their corporate guys came up with and came here and posted the link trying to say it was some independent site. They actually cleaned up a few of the most over the top parts but its still a sham. This is what they're about, deception.

http://hottubbroker.com/ratings.html

I spoke with Phelps and he did confirm that he swims in one and gave a lot of input to the Masters designers.

What would you expect him to say? I'm sure he has swam in one before and was happy to get one for free. I'm sure he had about 2 minutes of deign input like "yeah, I like it".

I asked some of the masters reps about the shady show program. They said that all manufactures do off site events.

BULL. No one travels around with a corporate run show like them. Its the SHADY tactics from that show that piss people off.

If they come to your area with that show they'll sell under your nose and then give the customers your name/address when the issues arise and the promises fall through, as they often do (see below):

http://www.rhtubs.com/cgi-bin/reviews/reviews.pl?md=read;id=9485

http://www.rhtubs.com/cgi-bin/reviews/reviews.pl?md=read;id=9493

http://www.rhtubs.com/cgi-bin/reviews/reviews.pl?rev=5625

http://www.rhtubs.com/cgi-bin/bbs/config.pl?md=read;id=96106

If you want to carry their swim spas because you think it will sell and want that niche in your store that I understand but please also understand you're not going to be able to change their image because they gave you a few good answers and had a few happy dealers there to tell a good story.

Check out this website that one of their corporate guys came up with and came here and posted the link trying to say it was some independent site. They actually cleaned up a few of the most over the top parts but its still a sham. This is what they're about, deception.

http://hottubbroker.com/ratings.html

Thanks for sending me this. I'll see what the rep has to say about these.

Thanks for sending me this. I'll see what the rep has to say about these.

There will obviously be total denial of any/all of the negative press Master gets here and elsewhere so you won't learn anything but you have to ask for sure to see how they do respond. If you're only talking about carrying a swim spa or two you're not getting into bed too far with them but they just rub a lot of people the worng way based on their business practices.

The $5000 doesn't include the HDTV from what I've heard. It's basically a buy-in. I don't blame them. Can you imagine what they're paying Phelps?

The Paperwork I saw from them includes the HDTV and marketing kit in the opening order. They are also offering 60 days free flooring through GE.

I asked the rep about the posts highlighted in the previous posts. I read many of them. Half were positive, probably posted by happy customers and Masters dealers.

Half were negative, probably posted by some mad customers and competitors. I think Sundance builds a nice spa, I looked up our BBB and we have a A-, not bad.

Master has an A+, so does D1,Hot Springs, Caldera etc. The Sundance rep showed me that they had a 92% approval rating for quality from Spa Search. The rep from Masters

faxed me over their quality rating from Spa Search it was 95%. This is voted on by the recent spa owners that were delivered within the last year.

The rep called me back with 3 leads for swim spas in my area from the TV spots that are running and he encouraged me to call more of their dealers and ask what their experiences were. So I called a few more and they were all happy.

One dealer said they got 600 leads from Masters in the last year. I called the leads and 2 were decent. The rep explained swim spas are not for everyone, if we didn't do as well with swim spas as hot tubs, in our market that they'd take them back or send them to a show to be sold.

So far, the Phelps swim spa program looks pretty good. The say their lead time on swim spas is 3 weeks, I'll let you all know how it goes. We added saunas last year and they are doing well, hopefully the swim spas will add more to our bottom line. My Chemical rep and the Balboa rep said spa sales are up 5% this year, but swim spa sales are up 50-75%.

My plans for DIY steps. You can make them from 2x12, or 2x10, depending on your height needed, or change the width to 36" :) I think I spent $16, without stain, The biggest cost was the 3" deck screws lol. I already had some 2x4 for braces on the back, and trim on the sides.

wood 12' 2x6 & 6' 2x10

Captain. :)

steps.jpg