Olympic Gold Medalist Michael Phelps Teams Up With Master Spas

Kreg

I'll make sure to tell Dan Schechner, the author of the article from Pool and Spa News, that you think he is a liar. At first he will probably be annoyed. But then he will probably say, "why do I care what this no-name wanker thinks!"

How do you feel the phelps swim spa introduction went? I have a few questions for you.

How many swim spas can a mid size Sundance dealer sell in 12 months? (We go to 3 home shows and 1 fair) we sell 100-200 spas a year.

Do they all require crane delivery? Have you always sold masters? do you sell anything else now besides masters?

How many do you need to display to be effective? Does masters send you a lot of leads? what % are swim spa leads?

Do they make you do spa shows? Is the swim spa market really growing? Our spas sales are flat.

Do swim spas take sales away from your spa sales? or do they take away from pool sales? Do you sell pools? or is it a different buyer?

Masters gets a bad rap on this forum, many are competitors, but do they deserve any of it? Do they help out with dealer support?

I'm on the west coast and we hate the Yankees, Celtics and Patriots because they are successful. The Balboa rep said that Masters was probably their biggest customer.

Do you know of a lot of dealers that have been burned by masters? Do they have a nice factory? They invited me out there. How are their lead times?

I have an open mind. Sundance has been good to me but they have no swim spa. We added saunas a few years back and they have kept us profitable.

You can send me a private email if you are concerned of any fallout from masters over your answers.

Thanks.

I'll make sure to tell Dan Schechner, the author of the article from Pool and Spa News, that you think he is a liar. At first he will probably be annoyed. But then he will probably say, "why do I care what this no-name wanker thinks!"

How do you feel the phelps swim spa introduction went? I have a few questions for you.

How many swim spas can a mid size Sundance dealer sell in 12 months? (We go to 3 home shows and 1 fair) we sell 100-200 spas a year.

Do they all require crane delivery? Have you always sold masters? do you sell anything else now besides masters?

How many do you need to display to be effective? Does masters send you a lot of leads? what % are swim spa leads?

Do they make you do spa shows? Is the swim spa market really growing? Our spas sales are flat.

Do swim spas take sales away from your spa sales? or do they take away from pool sales? Do you sell pools? or is it a different buyer?

Masters gets a bad rap on this forum, many are competitors, but do they deserve any of it? Do they help out with dealer support?

I'm on the west coast and we hate the Yankees, Celtics and Patriots because they are successful. The Balboa rep said that Masters was probably their biggest customer.

Do you know of a lot of dealers that have been burned by masters? Do they have a nice factory? They invited me out there. How are their lead times?

I have an open mind. Sundance has been good to me but they have no swim spa. We added saunas a few years back and they have kept us profitable.

You can send me a private email if you are concerned of any fallout from masters over your answers.

Thanks.

I think the intro went very well. It was a great opportunity to speak with Michael Phelps and Bob Bowman in person about the product and it's benefits.

As for the list of questions, here goes...

I don't know, No, No

Depends on the size of your showroom, yes, not sure but the leads will probably double

No, Yes

No, Sometimes, No, Sometimes

No, Yes they help very much

No, Yes, Lead times are very reasonable

I really like the optional underwater camera. Imagine watching the technique of your strokes, and being able to make adjustments as necessary to perfect your mechanics. I think competitive swimmers will find this very helpful.

I really like the optional underwater camera. Imagine watching the technique of your strokes, and being able to make adjustments as necessary to perfect your mechanics. I think competitive swimmers will find this very helpful.

That's what they use in the olympic sized pools they all train in!

That's what they use in the olympic sized pools they all train in!

Not everyone has the luxury of an Olympic size pool in their backyard!

• 2 weeks later...

We all appreciate your opinion, but if you think all swim spas are created equal, you have a lot of homework to do

And we all aprperciate your salesmanship. But to try and sell a swim spa by saying that Micheal Phelps uses one to train for the olympics is one of the biggest loads of bull I have seen in a long time.

Well,gee wiz, Roger, I have read and reread this thread and cannot find anyone claiming that Phelps is using this to train for the Olympics. I highly doubt that ANYONE but Michael and Bob Bowman know what his training regimen is. While there is a unit installed in his training center in Baltimore, I can neither confirm nor deny your claim that he uses it to train for the Olympics.

Well,gee wiz, Roger, I have read and reread this thread and cannot find anyone claiming that Phelps is using this to train for the Olympics. I highly doubt that ANYONE but Michael and Bob Bowman know what his training regimen is. While there is a unit installed in his training center in Baltimore, I can neither confirm nor deny your claim that he uses it to train for the Olympics.

Here let me do it for you, he uses an olympic sized pool to train. Then he kicks back and smokes a joint when he's done.

Here let me do it for you, he uses an olympic sized pool to train. Then he kicks back and smokes a joint when he's done.

And that's a bad thing?