$1500 For A 1994 Jetsetter?

pred10

Hey all!

My local Hot Springs dealer has a 1994 Jetsetter for sale for $1500. He was initially asking $1900. I was excited about it at first, but now I am having second thoughts. He has checked it all out, put it up on blocks to check for leaks, ran it for at least 5 full cycles (that's what I was told,) and it comes with a 90 full warranty. He also freshly stained the cabinet, and put a brand-new cover on it. Assuming he has not done any more work to it, (which I intend to find out,) does this seem totally out of the ballpark? A 16 year old tub will surely start needing new jets, motor, or heater eventually, right? Should I keep looking?

Is this a delivered price? If so, figure $400 for the cover and $400 for staining and delivery, leaving $700 for the actual spa AND 90 day warranty. Is a 90 day warranty worth $700...to you?

Craigslist is typically full of free spas. But you'd probably need a new cover with them, have them delivered, and restain any cabinet.

Is this a delivered price? If so, figure $400 for the cover and $400 for staining and delivery, leaving $700 for the actual spa AND 90 day warranty. Is a 90 day warranty worth $700...to you?

Craigslist is typically full of free spas. But you'd probably need a new cover with them, have them delivered, and restain any cabinet.

If you get a few more years of good use out of it then its worth it IMO and inspected/refurbished properly it should do fine. There are only a few brands with a track record for lasting multiple decades and this is one of them. With the work you noted being done and if its delivered with a dealer backed 90 day warranty I'd say that's a fair price (and I have to believe they filled it to make sure it was in full working order and possibly changed some other parts out doing so).

That 90 day warranty is nice because often people buy used spas from Craigslist only to get them home and find out immediately they have issues but you at least will have those 90 days coverage which will be long enough to show any current issues. When issues occur upon start up after a sale from a spa owner you're typically SOL.

Thanks for the replies! I have been looking on Craig's List, too. I like that the Hot Springs guy has gone over the Jetsetter, and it's the perfect size for us. But, you are right, the delivery is extra. This will be our first tub, we have been looking at new ones,too. I guess the bottom line for me is whether I would still be ahead of the game even if I had to start replacing stuff (as opposed to buying new.) I should probably price the replacement costs for jets, pumps and heater. Just hope it doesn't end up a money pit!

I just sold a 1996 Jetsetter for $1495...same 90 day warranty, delivery, re-painted cabinet....only thing different is that it doesn't have a new cover. You should get another 10-15 years out of the spa.

Terminator

I just sold a 1996 Jetsetter for $1495...same 90 day warranty, delivery, re-painted cabinet....only thing different is that it doesn't have a new cover. You should get another 10-15 years out of the spa.

Terminator

Great! Sounds like the going rate for retail, then. Thanks so much!

• 10 years later...