Should I Buy A Four Winds Hot Tub?

tgtbt

:lol: I love these forums.... does anybody actually think all the slagging is a real customer???? meat heads... these "customers" who pretend they bought these spas are full of it.

SPADUDE63 is probably a dealer but he is dead right, this thread is a smear by a local dealer who is tired of getting hammered...

The four winds stuff are good solid built hot tubs, and the guarantee standard is life on the structure, 6 years on surface, 5 on parts and 6 on plumbing, and they are a dream to deal with, had no issues at all getting them to honor the guarantee and i was just a local guy doing service... Since seeing these spas up close I bought a few truckloads at the end of the 2010 season and like them more and more.... they are built well, with good components, there are a couple hundred spas in my area (from another dealer that is now gone) and the performance so far has been very good, we did about 5 service calls from over 200 units in the field last year...

You can buy seconds of the Maui for $5k range but trust me from the cost, I can tell you that the Maui is $7 -$8.5k depending on options if you want a sustainable dealer who will back it up and has good reliable after care... and before you start i carry other spas and several other big brands and have been doing this for 20+ years... I know hot tubs... also i prepay and buy in truckloads and am getting the right price...

Frankly I like this tub a lot, and because they are not marketing monsters the end user saves a couple grand because he does not need to support a big advertising, marketing cost...

A solid A+ hot tub.

• 1 month later...

:lol: I love these forums.... does anybody actually think all the slagging is a real customer???? meat heads... these "customers" who pretend they bought these spas are full of it.

SPADUDE63 is probably a dealer but he is dead right, this thread is a smear by a local dealer who is tired of getting hammered...

The four winds stuff are good solid built hot tubs, and the guarantee standard is life on the structure, 6 years on surface, 5 on parts and 6 on plumbing, and they are a dream to deal with, had no issues at all getting them to honor the guarantee and i was just a local guy doing service... Since seeing these spas up close I bought a few truckloads at the end of the 2010 season and like them more and more.... they are built well, with good components, there are a couple hundred spas in my area (from another dealer that is now gone) and the performance so far has been very good, we did about 5 service calls from over 200 units in the field last year...

You can buy seconds of the Maui for $5k range but trust me from the cost, I can tell you that the Maui is $7 -$8.5k depending on options if you want a sustainable dealer who will back it up and has good reliable after care... and before you start i carry other spas and several other big brands and have been doing this for 20+ years... I know hot tubs... also i prepay and buy in truckloads and am getting the right price...

Frankly I like this tub a lot, and because they are not marketing monsters the end user saves a couple grand because he does not need to support a big advertising, marketing cost...

A solid A+ hot tub.

I have just went through our first winter with a four winds Honalulu model and have a few points to make. I was concerned with the limited insulation on the pump side of the tub (1/2 -1 cm) and went back to the dealer (Nash Can Spas) and they claimed this is normal construction for four winds. I was still worried so I called the manufacturer who also concurred this is normal and helps to prevent overheating of the pump (during warmer weather). Now that I went through our first winter and found our hydro bill doubled from $200 to $400 a month or about 6.60 per day (we keep our tub set at 101F), I am extremely disappointed with the tub. When we purchased it the dealer informed us it would cost between 1-2 dollars a day.

Talking to other folks I know in the area who own Jaccuzzi or Hydro spa their bills are not near what ours are.

Disappointed in Ontario

• 3 years later...

I have been looking around for a hottub, and came across a great deal on craigslist (at least I think I did) There is a person selling a Four Winds hot tub, a Maui I think its called. Anywho, he is getting a divorce and is selling his brand new hot tub. Here is my question. It says that it costs $12000 new but he is willing to sell it for $4975. Does this hottub cost $12000 new? Does anyone have any experience with the Four Winds company? I found the same hot tub on a website selling for around $5500 so I am a little skeptical now. I saw something that said this person has been selling this same hottub for over two years. Thanks in advance for your help!

Most hot tub companies never sell online and go through a established dealer base. Why? Because you need someone who knows what they are doing to get you the spa, help you take care of the spa and fix it if there is a problem. So with that in mind I really doubt you found the same thing online. You may have found something that appeared to be similar but there is a huge risk when you buy online. You have no idea what you actually bought until it is at your door and many times that is where they will leave it. Good luck returning it or if you have any trouble with it.

The big price is likely the MSRP. Typically most dealer price their spas any where from a few hundred dollars less to a few thousand less than MSRP. I also suspect the one you had quoted for 4,975 was a older model or something of that nature.

• 10 months later...

NO! They are crap.

Our hot tub is less than 6 months old and has just quit working. Despite being "under warranty" we were told to call a "preferred" repair man to come out and look at it. After calling said repair guy for 3 days straight we had no such luck of contacting him. I reached out to Four Winds regarding the warranty and they washed their hands of me because even though the hot tub IS SIX MONTHS OLD, the previous owner of our home bought it and we are not the original owners, despite us paying more than asking price so the owner would leave the hot tub with the house. We have all the original paperwork and warranty's and have a brand new hot tub that doesn't work. Things go wrong sure, but good companies stand behind their products no matter what. The hot tub, the customer experience, the "warranty" is all a let down. If you are looking for a hot tub and want it to work longer than 6 months, do NOT get a 4 winds.

Sure, if you like the spa and the dealer, go for it. But, be aware that ANY spa you buy second hand will not have a manufacturers warranty. Every manufacturer out there specifies in their warranty that it's not transferable and only applicable to the original purchaser.