Hotsprings Sovereign - Temp Set To 102, Actual Temp Is 105

rihallix

RSC - I believe the part they are changing is called the CONTROL HEAD - I will find out for sure on Saturday! and YES you have the same issue that I have = I bet your dealer is not aware of the issue - call Watkins ( I talked with a Marianne ) - she is aware of this issue now as she confirmed it with her manager today! Watkins is aware of the issue = they put a fix in place for newer spas

THEOJT - I did not get a Tech Bulletin number - sorry!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

N1oty - Summer logic - dont know much about that yet - I'll have to look into this!

Well - love to stay here all night and chat with you fine people - but - 3 kids are now sound asleep - just about 10pm and its a beautiful night! Think I make a drink and head outside with the wife for a soak in my peaceful place! Life is good today!

I used the tub last night around 8pm. At that time the set temp was 99 and the actual temp was 101. Used the tub for about 35 minutes. Temp dropped to about 99-100 during the use. Cover has been on all night and when I woke up this morning at 6am, the green light was on - indicating that the actual temp was within 2 degrees of set temp. It is 11:30am now and the green light is on and has been every time I checked it since I woke up. I am wondering if there were other factors which caused the tub to "overheat" yesterday. I did have the ACE system installed, the installer had the tub off for 20 minutes, dropped the water level an inch or two and then added more (cold) water back into the tub. So, I am just thinking that there may have been other circumstances that caused it to "overheat." Rather than replace what may not be broken, I will watch it and if it happens again, then I will have it serviced.

rsc92, my Grandee behaves the same way. I've left mine set at 100, and it's typically 102F when I first lift the cover. About 5 mins. after the jets have been circulating, temp decreases to right at 100 and stays there for pretty much as long as I use the tub. I don't think there's anything wrong with mine. Factory inspection date on mine (sticker on the controller inside service bay) is 10/10/2010 and all appears to function normally. Actually, I do have one warranty issue, I need to get resolved. One of my LED's behind the MotoMassage cover doesn't display all of the colors. Otherwise, my tub has been flawless.