Hot Spring Vanguard - Pricing

rsc92

After wet testing a D1 Chairman, Jacuzzi 480 and several Hot Spring Tubs, surprisingly, the spa that "fit" our family the best was the Vanguard. I say surprisingly because I was certain that the Vista or Chairman were the likely candidates before we wet tested. I must say, I did like the Jacuzzi, but the Mrs found the seats too low.

I would like to get an idea of fair pricing for the Vanguard. I am not interested in the sound system or the Salt system. I want the tub, steps, cover, cover lifter and some start-up chemicals. I was quoted $10k for this and that seems very high based on some scanning on the internet. Any help/guidance would be appreciated! And by the way, thank you everyone for your help and reminders that wet testing is so critical. I did not realize how important it was until today!

Thanks

My pricing for a 2010 Vanguard with an Uprite coverlifter,steps and delivery/installation (startup chems included) and ACE was under $9K in Atlanta. My dealer is a higher volume dealer, so I'm guessing he has lower margins per sale and shipping can very for the dealer, but you should be paying in the mid-$8K range (pre-tax) for a Vanguard without ACE. I paid $10,395 for a new Grandee with ACE and the other accessories (including the better Everwood steps). As Kenny indicated, the breaker box and cover are always included with HotSpring spas. Electrical installation is your expense though.

After wet testing a D1 Chairman, Jacuzzi 480 and several Hot Spring Tubs, surprisingly, the spa that "fit" our family the best was the Vanguard. I say surprisingly because I was certain that the Vista or Chairman were the likely candidates before we wet tested. I must say, I did like the Jacuzzi, but the Mrs found the seats too low.

I would like to get an idea of fair pricing for the Vanguard. I am not interested in the sound system or the Salt system. I want the tub, steps, cover, cover lifter and some start-up chemicals. I was quoted $10k for this and that seems very high based on some scanning on the internet. Any help/guidance would be appreciated! And by the way, thank you everyone for your help and reminders that wet testing is so critical. I did not realize how important it was until today!

Thanks

Hi, After wet testing many tubs when we were searching, a couple years back. the Vanguard surprised us, too. We didn't even have it on our top list, but gave it a try, since it was filled and available, while we were there. It seemed to have the best compromise of what we were looking for in a mid sized tub. After 2 years later of heavy use, it has proven to be everything we wanted. Very efficient, well built and we've had absolutely no problems at all. I do not regret the choice, and I doubt you will either.....

We paid $8100 OTD door 2 years ago (mine is an 08 model), but I agree with the other posters, about $9k should be the ballpark your prices should be. Even though they have made some improvements in the tub since mine was made, the prices have not jumped too much.

Good luck and enjoy.

Thanks

Hi, After wet testing many tubs when we were searching, a couple years back. the Vanguard surprised us, too. We didn't even have it on our top list, but gave it a try, since it was filled and available, while we were there. It seemed to have the best compromise of what we were looking for in a mid sized tub. After 2 years later of heavy use, it has proven to be everything we wanted. Very efficient, well built and we've had absolutely no problems at all. I do not regret the choice, and I doubt you will either.....

We paid $8100 OTD door 2 years ago (mine is an 08 model), but I agree with the other posters, about $9k should be the ballpark your prices should be. Even though they have made some improvements in the tub since mine was made, the prices have not jumped too much.

Good luck and enjoy.

Thank you!

Thanks

Good luck and enjoy.

Thank you!

Glad to help. If you have any other VG questions, ask away. I have answered many VG questions on this site since I purchased mine. Do a search under my user ID and you should be able to read my opinions and thoughts on the tub....both good and bad! :o Randy

• 2 weeks later...

rsc92 - Let me tell you what worked for me! I actually printed off some of the write ups from this forum and brought it in with me - highlighted the area with the prices and options. Had about 3 or 4 quotes from this forum with me! Told the dealer that other dealers are selling em at this price. How bad you want to make a sale?

Then BAM - I wrote a check!

Stay strong and good luck!

Those of you who have purchased below 9k (before tax), what part of the Country are you in? There are two dealers, both approximatley 1 hour away. One dealer was at 11,500 and would not budge. The other, after showing him posts from this forum, came down. He said his overhead, rent, etc, prohibit him from being that aggressive with his pricing.

Those of you who have purchased below 9k (before tax), what part of the Country are you in? There are two dealers, both approximatley 1 hour away. One dealer was at 11,500 and would not budge. The other, after showing him posts from this forum, came down. He said his overhead, rent, etc, prohibit him from being that aggressive with his pricing.

I am in NH - No taxes here!

Two dealers in my area quoted within $200 of each other.

Both had sale pricing going on.

I live in Michigan! I do think you need to deal with a fairly high volume dealer to get a better deal! Seems like the smaller dealers I talked with had higher prices - harder to cut profit margin! My dealer has mulitply stores!

I do know that I did not want to buy from a distant dealer - service was a very important part of my decision and I wanted to make sure I would be dealing with a local company with great service - which I think I got! I truly believe the couple hundred bucks you save buy purchasing from a distant dealer with below par service would be a mistake - I would rather pay more and deal with a good company with great service!

If your happy with the dealer - think you would get great service then I would pay a little extra due to location.

Be honest and see if they would meet you in the middle! Good luck!

anything in the low 9's is a great price for a Vanguard, esp. if ACE is included, dealers selling them for this are cutting margins relying on volume to keep them ahead. The Vanguard has been a nice seller for me lately, the size is just right for a small family and most people (for me at least) are preferring the open seating as opposed to the Aria w/ lounger...dual motos is also a nice feature

• 1 month later...

Finally got my Vanguard delivered on Friday. It is absolutely fabulous. We love it. Highly recommend it!

very nice congrats, I sell plenty of Vanguards probably because it is my favorite tub :D perfect size, perfect depth, open seating and 2 motos, my only minor complaint is that it has the "soothing stream" instead of the BellaFontana, functionality wise it makes no difference of course, but when set up in a dark "mood room" the LED BellaFontana has more "WOW factor" which is good for sales of course :P if you need any assistance with anything ie ACE system, etc. just let me know, otherwise happy hottubing

Hey PoolSpaGuy - one question on the ACE system

My tub is still new so I have not had to add any salt to tub but my question is: Do you need to periodacally add salt or should I be good with salt until I change the water in 3-6 months? I have heard two different answers. I have been having my tub do the manual salt check and it always comes back fine - but just curious about what to except!

Thanks

Hey PoolSpaGuy - one question on the ACE system

My tub is still new so I have not had to add any salt to tub but my question is: Do you need to periodacally add salt or should I be good with salt until I change the water in 3-6 months? I have heard two different answers. I have been having my tub do the manual salt check and it always comes back fine - but just curious about what to except!

Thanks

salt typically does not leave the spa except through extreme "splash out" where new water has to be added, and if you are getting a "Low Salt" message just remember that message can be attributed to a few other things, namely: Running the salt test while the jets are on...A dirty cell...a dirty circulation filter. Also remember when adding salt that it sometimes can take 24 hours for the salt to fully dissolve and stabilize itself. Salt will also read low on a "fresh fill" when the water is not at the appropriate temperature (98-104). We have had 2 ACE systems running in our showroom and I have not added any salt to either of them in 2-3 months, obviously they are not getting as much splash out as a tub in your backyard, but the covers are open on them all day so they are getting plenty of fresh water due to evaporation. I guess that does not give you an exact answer as it will come down to each persons personal use/situation...the good thing is Salt is very cheap :-)

Thank PoolSpaGuy

one last question (I just posted the same question on the chemical forum but figured I would bend your ear)

How often do I need to shock my tub with the ACE salt system. I have got two different answers now!

Thanks alot!

ACE is designed for the average user, however manual dichlor or MPS can be added if your personal demand exceeds the ACE capacity meaning if your use level is set at 5 and your spa size is set properly or +1 but under heavy use your finding it is difficult to keep the level "in the green" Watkins is also saying ozone will help with this issue for users that are "heavy use". So basically as long as your "in the green" under your families normal use you are fine and no additional MPS is needed