Ecco Hot Tubs By Dynasty Spas

JOKERSOAKER

• 1 month later...

Hi forum, been awhile! A big box rec store recently picked up the Ecco hot tub line made by Dynasty Spas. The store is unable to provide a copy of the Ecco warranty, and Dynasty Spas is unwilling to provide me with a copy, nor do they have a copy on their website like most reputable manufacturers. Does anyone have a copy of this "secret" warranty, or know where I can obtain a copy? I heard the Ecco Hot Tub line is made private label, and that the dealers may not provide a warranty through Dynasty Spas factory, and in fact, only provide an in-house warranty of some sort only honored and through the dealer...Anyone have more insight? Thanks forum!

hello. 2 months ago purchased a ECCO from a big box store. It has already stopped working due to defective pump, had to empty the hot tub due to not working and cold weather. Waiting....for replacement. Here it is nice and cold and no hot tub to enjoy. One payment into it. I did get a warranty....3 years. Big box store promises to stand by. 200 customers effected by the defective part and big box store embarressed and overwhelmed with service calls. Thanks a lot Dynasty. I should have researched.

• 1 month later...

A Hot Springs dealer bashing a competitor? Say it isn't so. :rolleyes:

Dynasty is a premiums spa builder with an outstanding reputation and the Ecco line is a nice alternative to the over-priced "name" brand spas. A well equipped Ecco is routinely $1000-$2000 less than a comparably equipped Hot Springs.

Oh and the warranty is 3 years full parts and labor, prorated 2 more years after that.

• 4 weeks later...

A Hot Springs dealer bashing a competitor? Say it isn't so. :rolleyes:

Dynasty is a premiums spa builder with an outstanding reputation and the Ecco line is a nice alternative to the over-priced "name" brand spas. A well equipped Ecco is routinely $1000-$2000 less than a comparably equipped Hot Springs.

Oh and the warranty is 3 years full parts and labor, prorated 2 more years after that.

In my opinion Dynasty is a mid line tub, not premium as you stated. And they made an economical tub for a box store and did the same thing all manufacturers do when they sell enmass to a big box store. CHEAP THEM UP to meet a price point!

If you want information on warranty or information on premium builder , go to the web site and the bottom

http://www.ecosmartspas.ca/

I am bored so I followed up.

Nice website really easy to navigate good info on product including some service data, but no warranty information other than the online registration form which must be sent in within 7 days after installation. The only place I saw reference to a warranty was in the product manual on features chart it says "3 (Three) Year Warranty" - there was no detailed info. on what that means.

Just for fun I went to 7 other brands and found the detailed warranty info on their websites without any trouble usually a pdf document.

Dave

I am bored so I followed up.

Nice website really easy to navigate good info on product including some service data, but no warranty information other than the online registration form which must be sent in within 7 days after installation. The only place I saw reference to a warranty was in the product manual on features chart it says "3 (Three) Year Warranty" - there was no detailed info. on what that means.

Just for fun I went to 7 other brands and found the detailed warranty info on their websites without any trouble usually a pdf document.

Dave

Dave, I never noticed your signature before. When did you start doing this stuff. I got turned on to it about 8-10 years ago but have dabbled a lot longer because of my plumbing experience. Seems we are both kinda thinking the same way. I messed with about 7 in 2010 and have 2 so far in 2011. I like to make myself available for tub disposal. Lately it seems the disposals are just that, disposals. Not to many decent tubs available for free. That's OK it's winter and my full time job has me taxed.

Your right, this could be a part time retirment gig. But ya need a couple young guys on standby. These things seem heavier than they used to be???

Dave, I never noticed your signature before. When did you start doing this stuff. I got turned on to it about 8-10 years ago but have dabbled a lot longer because of my plumbing experience. Seems we are both kinda thinking the same way. I messed with about 7 in 2010 and have 2 so far in 2011. I like to make myself available for tub disposal. Lately it seems the disposals are just that, disposals. Not to many decent tubs available for free. That's OK it's winter and my full time job has me taxed.

Your right, this could be a part time retirment gig. But ya need a couple young guys on standby. These things seem heavier than they used to be???

Sorry for the OT

Roger,

I just added the sig. a week ago.

My nephew is in the business and has no time to deal with disposals/rebuilds but he comes across tubs from time to time. Some are really old and not even good for parts but many have some value left. The owners would rather give them away than have the dealer offer to take them off their hands for free or worse having to pay for removal.

As far as moving them I really screwed up last summer someone sold all their spa moving equipment on CraigsList for very little money. I do have a couple of young bucks available when I need them (son-in-laws). It's amazing what you can do with 10'x6" schedule 80 used as rollers.

Dave

Sorry for the OT

Roger,

I just added the sig. a week ago.

My nephew is in the business and has no time to deal with disposals/rebuilds but he comes across tubs from time to time. Some are really old and not even good for parts but many have some value left. The owners would rather give them away than have the dealer offer to take them off their hands for free or worse having to pay for removal.

As far as moving them I really screwed up last summer someone sold all their spa moving equipment on CraigsList for very little money. I do have a couple of young bucks available when I need them (son-in-laws). It's amazing what you can do with 10'x6" schedule 80 used as rollers.

Dave

I got moving equipment, that's not the problem. These things are getting heavy for my old bones, no matter how easy the move is you still gota push, lift, drag, tip, something!!

After a sawzall/chainsaw I can fit 2 in my long box truck!!....LOL

You come across any deals your not interested in let me know. I get down your way a couple times a month but will come anytime for a bargin. I am 1.5-2 hours north of downtown MPLS/STP in Sturgeon Lake.

• 3 months later...

The Bureau of Consumer Protection requires that any warranty must be available to the consumer prior to purchase...

"The FTC's Rule on Pre-Sale Availability of Written Warranty Terms requires that written warranties on consumer products costing more than $15 be available to consumers before they buy...."

http://business.ftc.gov/documents/bus01-businesspersons-guide-federal-warranty-law#makingwarranties