$33 Polaris Bag

dalehileman

After having replaced my Polaris 380 bag several times at a cost of $33 each I determined to fabricate an alternative. Fortuitously its assembly base is made in 2 parts that you can separate with a little difficulty then experiment with all sorts other of common household receptacles. A sock of various kinds didn't work very well, would pull loose or breach within a short time while its floppiness caused it to catch between wheel and body. A typical vegetable bag of the sort from your supermarket proved longer lasting but the weave was too coarse, releasing the smaller particles.

Finally my Better Half suggested rug non-slip padding, easily sewing me one Aug 2 in flat profile much like the Polaris. Owing to its rubberized finish it doesn't slip loose while it has since survived with no apparent damage nor being stiffer has it got caught as the sock above. Furthermore it's available in many weaves to suit your requirements

Thats great! You've done it! Now, if you can just get your "better half" to make up about, o say, two or three million of those suckers, You sell them, make lots of money, and move to island where the inhabitants will put up with you. You can spend the rest of your days there disagreeing with the them about how their people have survived there for hundreds of years. And the best thing, the island will have no internet to distract you, so you can concentrate on your writings!

Golly PC I thought that one was emotionally quite neutral if not even somewhat helpful

actually, just rather stupid and cheap. Also, was it necessary to use the words fortuitously? Isn't that rather inegalitarian of you since many probably don't know what that means? Your writing style does not promote meaningful communication but is a smokescreen to cover up your lack of knowledge. This becomes more and more evident with every post you make. Why don't you try and find a board where there is the controversy you stated you so desire since you yourself have noted that pool and spa boards tend to be pretty cut and dried.

I should have noted a requirement to mount the new bag with respect to its base in the same rectilinear plane as the original lest acting as a rudder it steer the sweep in circles

To translate this into English from pompous ass:

If the homemade bag does not line up the same way as the original the Polaris goes around and around in circles because the bag will act like a rudder.

BTW Dale, Your grammar above is TERRIBLE! You did not have agreement of subject and verb!!!!! "It steer" is improper, should be "it steers". You also left out the commas to separate the phrase "acting as a rudder" and the period at the end of the sentence!

FLUNK!

I guess it really does prove you only use the big words to cover up your ignorance!

I understand why you cannot get published as an author. You are a terrible writer!

Perhaps you need to study A Manual for Writers by Kate. L. Turabian or Elements of Style by Strunk and White or a book on MLA or APA style. It might help your grammar and punctuaton (but will probably not help your personality)

OH SNAP! YOU GOT SERVED!

After having replaced my Polaris 380 bag several times at a cost of $33 each I determined to fabricate an alternative. Fortuitously its assembly base is made in 2 parts that you can separate with a little difficulty then experiment with all sorts other of common household receptacles. A sock of various kinds didn't work very well, would pull loose or breach within a short time while its floppiness caused it to catch between wheel and body. A typical vegetable bag of the sort from your supermarket proved longer lasting but the weave was too coarse, releasing the smaller particles.

Finally my Better Half suggested rug non-slip padding, easily sewing me one Aug 2 in flat profile much like the Polaris. Owing to its rubberized finish it doesn't slip loose while it has since survived with no apparent damage nor being stiffer has it got caught as the sock above. Furthermore it's available in many weaves to suit your requirements

"I determined to fabricate" is improper case. It should be "I was determined...".

If you are going to use big words at least use them with proper English grammar construction. It will facilitate communication.

Your continued improper usage of English grammar is an impediment to understanding what you are babbling about.

Thank you.

I should have noted a requirement to mount the new bag with respect to its base in the same rectilinear plane as the original lest acting as a rudder it steer the sweep in circles

Never mind that, just keep sewing those bags. You have to get out to that island before we get too deep into hurricane season.

On an other note: While i will admit that i can not define what most of your words are synonyms for, I do feel qualified to say that most of your posts scream for proper punctuation, and syntax.

How is it that, with such a broad vocabulary, that you can't find a word that best suits your needs? And you have to go to another forum for a "Big word" to slay us with. To me, it would just be easier to no longer use this forum. Or were you planning on dropping this "word bomb" on us, and then disappear like a terrorist?

I also noticed that, this has been eating at you for over a month! Be an adult Dale, let it go...

How is it that, with such a broad vocabulary, that you can't find a word that best suits your needs? And you have to go to another forum for a "Big word" to slay us with. To me, it would just be easier to no longer use this forum. Or were you planning on dropping this "word bomb" on us, and then disappear like a terrorist?

I also noticed that, this has been eating at you for over a month! Be an adult Dale, let it go...

OH SNAP! YOU GOT SERVED! FOR THE THIRD TIME!

three strikes and your're out!

• 2 weeks later...

We use knee high stockings inside our bag. Just slip them over the opening on the Polaris, put the closed end in the bag and snap the bag on. It will snap on over the knee high and hold it on. Filters great and you wont have to replace bags for a quite a while!

• 3 weeks later...