Exercise Spas

Bec

Originally I was looking at swim spas, but they are so expensive and I worry that it will cost too much to run one here in Maine during the winter. I noticed that Thermaspa has an exercise spa that is smaller, but 53" deep so one could still do exercise in the water. Most of what I do is water jog. Is there any other brand out there with the same kind of thing? I have been searching for deep spas, but not finding anything that deep that isn't a swim spa.

Thanks in advance.

Originally I was looking at swim spas, but they are so expensive and I worry that it will cost too much to run one here in Maine during the winter. I noticed that Thermaspa has an exercise spa that is smaller, but 53" deep so one could still do exercise in the water. Most of what I do is water jog. Is there any other brand out there with the same kind of thing? I have been searching for deep spas, but not finding anything that deep that isn't a swim spa.

Thanks in advance.

Here's three companies that maybe do something that might suit your needs.

http://www.d1spas.com/swimspas-afs.html

http://www.coasthottub.co.uk/swim-spas-hot-tub

http://www.h2xswimspa.co.uk/

Thanks in advance.

Here's three companies that maybe do something that might suit your needs.

http://www.d1spas.com/swimspas-afs.html

http://www.coasthottub.co.uk/swim-spas-hot-tub

http://www.h2xswimspa.co.uk/

People who buy "exercise" spas (i.e. a regular non-swim spa with some type of rowing mechanism) find out you can't really exercise in them well and its really more of a Marketing thing and itll be as useful as that ab machine under your bed (IMO of course).

Swim spas are fine if you can afford one but if you can't get one of those get yourslf a regular spa and skip the exercise option which will save you some $$ and use it to get a gym membership or go for a long walk each night and then soak in your spa, which is what its good for.

• 3 weeks later...

People who buy "exercise" spas (i.e. a regular non-swim spa with some type of rowing mechanism) find out you can't really exercise in them well and its really more of a Marketing thing and itll be as useful as that ab machine under your bed (IMO of course).

Swim spas are fine if you can afford one but if you can't get one of those get yourslf a regular spa and skip the exercise option which will save you some $$ and use it to get a gym membership or go for a long walk each night and then soak in your spa, which is what its good for.

We have the Aquacisor that I believe the OP was referring to. Had it for about 3 years now. Originally bought it as an exercise spa with the rowing attachment and exercise bands. These work great but evidently weren't designed for constant immersion in Chlorinated water - only the stainless carabiners haven't corroded, everything else becomes garbage even if you don't leave it in the spa after each session. We've gone thru two sets of the D-ring attachments which are bolted into the spa - the plating quickly comes off leaving a rusty corroded mess. The manufacturer replaced the first set, saying the original set had plating issues and have been improved, now they say it's my water quality (I use the Taylor kit and have had the water checked by several local pool dealers so I know better than that!)

accessory attachment

So it's no longer used as an exercise spa although you could jog in it quite comfortably. Probably will need a wetsuit top or something for jogging during the Maine Winters - once you're wet it gets VERY cold to be standing up.

But I do LOVE the spa for soaking and the added depth of the water is WONDERFUL. Yes, I'd buy it again but would negotiate a little harder on the price - it's just like buying a car, you need to walk away from the deal a couple times to get a reasonable deal. Make sure you get delivery with a crane included in the price - don't buy the salesman's pitch that they'll just roll it in place, I think the empty weight is half a ton.

Good luck!

Thanks in advance.

dont do the coast spa they can be hard to get help from and they do leave a lot up to the dealers to deal with

Thanks in advance.

dont do the coast spa they can be hard to get help from and they do leave a lot up to the dealers to deal with

I admire your dedication in stating how much you dislike and disapprove of Coast. For what its worth I do think the Coast Wellness could be a good option for the original poster but with any spa brand make sure the dealer is reputable. Its a big purchase so take your time and find the right exercise spa or swim spa for your specific needs.

• 3 weeks later...

We have the Aquacisor that I believe the OP was referring to. Had it for about 3 years now. Originally bought it as an exercise spa with the rowing attachment and exercise bands. These work great but evidently weren't designed for constant immersion in Chlorinated water - only the stainless carabiners haven't corroded, everything else becomes garbage even if you don't leave it in the spa after each session. We've gone thru two sets of the D-ring attachments which are bolted into the spa - the plating quickly comes off leaving a rusty corroded mess. The manufacturer replaced the first set, saying the original set had plating issues and have been improved, now they say it's my water quality (I use the Taylor kit and have had the water checked by several local pool dealers so I know better than that!)

accessory attachment

So it's no longer used as an exercise spa although you could jog in it quite comfortably. Probably will need a wetsuit top or something for jogging during the Maine Winters - once you're wet it gets VERY cold to be standing up.

But I do LOVE the spa for soaking and the added depth of the water is WONDERFUL. Yes, I'd buy it again but would negotiate a little harder on the price - it's just like buying a car, you need to walk away from the deal a couple times to get a reasonable deal. Make sure you get delivery with a crane included in the price - don't buy the salesman's pitch that they'll just roll it in place, I think the empty weight is half a ton.

Good luck!

Try using a sanitizer other than chlorine. The hot water only increases the corrosive nature of chlorine and the vapors can be irratating. While many use granular or 1" bromine tabs with monopersulfate (non-chlorine shock) which is less volatile in hot water, a mineral system such as Nature1 or Spa Frog might prove easier on your spa equipment and your body. it will also provide cleaner water with less effort.

Imagine7

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We are looking for a small, deep exercise spa - approximately 7' x 7' and at least 4' deep. I'd like it to be molded (made of either fiberglass or acrylic), have at least 1 water jet, a single set of internal stairs, 1 or no seats, be well insulated so economical to run, with a quiet heater and circulation motor. Of course all at a reasonable price - approximately $7,000 including shipping and sales tax. I've done a lot of research and have ruled out Water Well from Endless Pools and others that are too big for my space or too expensive. I'm certain this size would be too small for some, but know it would be just right for me. If you know of a dealer selling an exercise spa described above, please post recommendations.

• 5 years later...

Has anyone bought a Jog Spa from SwimSpasPlus?  I ordered one 3 months ago, it was supposed to be here over a month ago. I call the guy and he can't tell me when it will be here. He is very abrupt with his answers, I have been getting estimates to get the thing off the truck, moved and installed. Hard to line people up when you don't know when you need them and most say they need 2 days notice. The other companies provide everything but the electrician too, has me very worried. I have medical disablilites and what I bought it for. It costs nearly twice what I get in a year, my Mom left me a small insurance policy and decided to get this to try and improve my health and strength. The company told me 2 days ago maybe today maybe Monday, today they stll don't know. One of the electricians said we shouldn't pay in full until we know it's being shipped. My sister is in charge of my money and already paid them 6 weeks ago. I just feel like crying.  Has anyone ordered one and have used it? What should I expect?  Thank You, Deb Tyler