New Nordic Crown Xl

halfshell

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding your very positive experience with the Crown XL, we're interested, saw one today but wonder if 40" might be high water versus the 35" Crown II. Thoughts?

I am a happy xl owner as well, the depth of the xl was key in my buying decision, it is deep but there are different levels of seats which works fine for my kids. Keep in mind the tub wont be filled all the way to the top, there would be some displacement/rise however depending on the number of occupants.

It’s great to hear all of this positive feedback about Nordic, rather then BS form one competing dealer. :angry: They make a great spa and their customer service is second to none. I sell and service Nordic Hot Tubs, along with several other brands. Nordic is one of the friendliest and easiest companies to deal with. I’m also located in the Northeast area, covering RI and Southeast MA. If you ever need service, parts, or a new Nordic ;) please PM me.

it is not an 07. don't the sleeping bags get wet outside? doesn't that look a bit 'ghetto'?

I may look for a thicker top. I really thinking filling the cabinet with insulation would help alot.

No on wet"water is inside the tub". no on getto its dark at 4pm. you can put more insulation in ? it does run cooler in the summer time with out it.

our tub is outside and gets rained on.

we are still very happy with our crown XL. there is one thing that perhaps someone can help us with. there is the twice daily filter cycle. the instructions say that we can interrupt the cycle by pressing any buttons (like the light). we like to 'soak' in the tub with no jets, but the filter cycle will not stop even when we press buttons. any help?

we are still very happy with our crown XL. there is one thing that perhaps someone can help us with. there is the twice daily filter cycle. the instructions say that we can interrupt the cycle by pressing any buttons (like the light). we like to 'soak' in the tub with no jets, but the filter cycle will not stop even when we press buttons. any help?

Are you sure that it is in a filter cycle and not trying to heat? The filter indicator will be on if it is in the filter cycle. If the heater indicator is on, there is not much that you can do other then lower the set temp.

You can change when the filter cycles start by entering the filter time program mode. When you program the filter run time, it goes into filter mode right afterward and then again 12 hrs after that. Program it at a time of day that you don't mind having it run. It will then start filtering at the same time each day. To enter the filter run time programing mode, hold down the light button until a number between 1 and 12 appears. This is the number of hrs that it will filter every 12 hrs (twice per day). You can change the filter run time by using the temp up/down buttons.

Beyond the depth point, is there much of a difference in electric usage between the Nordic Crown LX verus 11? Also, other spas we have been considering and wonder if anyone had reviewed deciding in favor of the Nordic versus Bullfrog, ThermoSpa, Hot Sring, Saratago or Dream Maker. We've been advised we can place a unit on 4" gravel/ground with surrounding walkway. Is that resonable? Thanks.

The Crown LX is larger in height and diameter, and it has a larger pump, so it will cost slightly more to operate. The difference should be so negligible that I would not even consider it a deciding factor.

Bullfrog, hot springs, and saratoga are all good manufactures. However you are going to pay much more for them. In my opinion dream maker spas are total junk, and thermospas are way too overpriced.

Placement requirements will depend on the spa you choose, so you should ask the dealer. You can usually get away with digging out the topsoil and using gravel/crushed stone, if it is contained within a timber frame. Otherwise it can fall out from around the sides and cause issues. This is not the most ideal base for a spa, but it works. Patio stones with a gravel and sand base would be better, and a cement pad is best.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Tell us how happy you are in a couple of years.

Ok...just 1 month shy of 2 years with the Nordic Crown XL and I'm happy to report it still works and looks as good as first day. No service issues at all since we got it, water maintenance is a breeze and it maintains the set temp perfectly. Couldn't be more satisfied with the purchase and I'd recommend one to anyone looking for a round tub.

The only downside is that it does use a bit more energy than I'd like but I haven't added any insulation to the cabinet despite plans to do so. For the price we paid and the enjoyment we get out of it, I've been willing to deal with the few extra $ it costs to run it.

Ok...just 1 month shy of 2 years with the Nordic Crown XL and I'm happy to report it still works and looks as good as first day. No service issues at all since we got it, water maintenance is a breeze and it maintains the set temp perfectly. Couldn't be more satisfied with the purchase and I'd recommend one to anyone looking for a round tub.

The only downside is that it does use a bit more energy than I'd like but I haven't added any insulation to the cabinet despite plans to do so. For the price we paid and the enjoyment we get out of it, I've been willing to deal with the few extra $ it costs to run it.

Same here :D

If you insulate the cabinet, please let me know what you did and how it worked.

I also have the same tub and we love it, but the cabinet is empty and could easily be insulated. I am considering blowing some in or something.

If you insulate the cabinet, please let me know what you did and how it worked.

I also have the same tub and we love it, but the cabinet is empty and could easily be insulated. I am considering blowing some in or something.

It would be real easy to insulate if nordic put more removable sides on the crown.you will need to lift the shell up and out to insulate it properly.

Its really good to hear from some Nordic owners, most seem to be sharing the same feedback that they are Happy and like their tubs and felt their money was well spent. I think they are a good choice if you are not looking for a lot of frills but want a solid product.

I have been looking for other tubs in the 5000 range. There are some nice tubs but im not sure if a top companys lower end tub would be worth it in the long run. i think its better to stay with a middle of the road manufactur's top of the line tub. the company is a great company to do buisness with, the people are very helpfull.

I was told that the new crown Xl will have the water line lights and stainless steel jets. one other improvement is on there square tub and its a lounger :D it will have the water line lights and stainless steel jets too.

I hope they put a neck massager in the crown like great lakes has in there round tub :D:D it would make the deep seat great to be in.

104 degrees

Ourr Nordic Crown XL is 2 months in use and terrific. We pushed insulation through the side wall (standard house 4") mostly getting it around the sides, we think, to help trim down pump noise at night. It somewhat helps dull the noise it but it certainly has reduced the heating usage. Good tub, good value - we're happy.

PFamily

Nordic tubs are infamous for poor insualtion. I had a used one and in the dead of New wengland winters. it was insanely exspensive to heat. I was told that I was being too hard on Nordic, and that over the past several years, they have improved. Yet everyone who has one seems to be adding insulation to them. :huh: If folks want a round tub, there are very few choices, and Nordic seems to be one of the few. Their prices are also very affordable, but people looking for a quality tub that will be affordable to run in the winter, should not fool themselves that Nordic falls to the back of the pack.

Nordic tubs are infamous for poor insualtion. I had a used one and in the dead of New wengland winters. it was insanely exspensive to heat. I was told that I was being too hard on Nordic, and that over the past several years, they have improved. Yet everyone who has one seems to be adding insulation to them. :huh: If folks want a round tub, there are very few choices, and Nordic seems to be one of the few. Their prices are also very affordable, but people looking for a quality tub that will be affordable to run in the winter, should not fool themselves that Nordic falls to the back of the pack.

Is this all you do is knock what others have.all i know is my crown is deeper then the 10,000 tub i was in last year.its simple to work on also.

I just passed my 1 year anniversary with my nordic xl and love it, no problems. I really admire the depth on this tub. It does cost money to operate, i live in nh and we have some of the highest electric rates in the country. It costs me at least $30-$40 a month to operate. Unfortunately luxuries often do cost money. The entire belly of my tub is sprayed with closed cell foam (a very good insulator). If a comparable tub with the same amount of gallons would only cost $10 a month to operate in new england i would like to see that. I still think the best thing that can be done to save $$ is to make sure you have your cover secured and/or upgraded and protect the tub from the wind.

Personally, stuffing additional insulation in makes me nervous, moisture/mold concens, pump ventilation, etc Would like to know if the benefit is really worth it. Happy tubbing all.

Is this all you do is knock what others have.all i know is my crown is deeper then the 10,000 tub i was in last year.its simple to work on also.

All I did was offer balance to this thread. I did not "knock" any tub. I stated what I know to be true.

?????

Like Dave in NH said, I don't like the idea of having to stuff insualtion into the cabinet (esp household batting. That's a BAD idea).

However, as I said, MY nordic was an energy hog, and several folks on this thread who owns one also agreed. the fact is, Nordic is not on the top of the list when it comes to energy efficeincy. If that offends you, then so be it.

I just passed my 1 year anniversary with my nordic xl and love it, no problems. I really admire the depth on this tub. It does cost money to operate, i live in nh and we have some of the highest electric rates in the country. It costs me at least $30-$40 a month to operate. Unfortunately luxuries often do cost money. The entire belly of my tub is sprayed with closed cell foam (a very good insulator). If a comparable tub with the same amount of gallons would only cost $10 a month to operate in new england i would like to see that. I still think the best thing that can be done to save $$ is to make sure you have your cover secured and/or upgraded and protect the tub from the wind.

Personally, stuffing additional insulation in makes me nervous, moisture/mold concens, pump ventilation, etc Would like to know if the benefit is really worth it. Happy tubbing all.

what was the name of the closed cell sprayable foam product?

thanks

All I did was offer balance to this thread. I did not "knock" any tub. I stated what I know to be true.

?????

Like Dave in NH said, I don't like the idea of having to stuff insualtion into the cabinet (esp household batting. That's a BAD idea).

However, as I said, MY nordic was an energy hog, and several folks on this thread who owns one also agreed. the fact is, Nordic is not on the top of the list when it comes to energy efficeincy. If that offends you, then so be it.

Go have another drink Drewstar.the new tubs from the top makers have the same jets as my 5 year old crown.now theres something to think anout.

?????

Go have another drink Drewstar.the new tubs from the top makers have the same jets as my 5 year old crown.now theres something to think anout.

Another drink? WTF? From the tone of your replys, you seem to already have had a few.

I'm not sure I follow what you. Who was talking about jets???? You seemed upset because I pointed out Nordic was not very energy efficent. If you want to talk rationaly, great. If not, please pick your fights with someone else.

Hello

You have posted that you were having a problem with getting the temperature above 100 degrees. Has that been corrected? What was the problem?

Did you ever upgrade the cover? Has that made any difference for you? You once said you were ordering a better cover. Did you ever get the insulation blanket that you spoke about? If so, can you tell me where you purchased these from (And would you recommend them to others?) Do they work well? Are you still wrapping sleeping bags around the tub to keep it warm?

Thank you.

Hello

You have posted that you were having a problem with getting the temperature above 100 degrees. Has that been corrected? What was the problem?

Did you ever upgrade the cover? Has that made any difference for you? You once said you were ordering a better cover. Did you ever get the insulation blanket that you spoke about? If so, can you tell me where you purchased these from (And would you recommend them to others?) Do they work well? Are you still wrapping sleeping bags around the tub to keep it warm?

Thank you.

Heater stopped working after 5 years of 24/7 at 104 degrees.new cover is great.no insulation wrap.

I only wrapped my spa when i first got it. there was a bad connetion on the heater and i wanted extra time if the heater stopped working in the winter.that never happened.

?????

Another drink? WTF? From the tone of your replys, you seem to already have had a few.

I'm not sure I follow what you. Who was talking about jets???? You seemed upset because I pointed out Nordic was not very energy efficent. If you want to talk rationaly, great. If not, please pick your fights with someone else.

Ive seen your Pm's to other members when you have had toooooooo many.are they sick of you on the other forum