Can I Use Ez Patch Plaster Mix To Repair Crack Around Tile Grout?

AMG

I used the EZ patch white plaster mix to repair a small crack I had in the plaster. I see some small cracks and little chunks of tile grout missing above the water line. Right where it butts up against the coping stone. The color of the tile grout looks to be identical in color and texture (heck it may be the same) as the pool plaster. Can I just mix up some of the EZ Patch that I have for pool plaster repair and push it in to these little missing areas and cracks and make it sealed again? Or do I need to buy the EZ patch that says for tile grout? Is there REALLY a difference that I care about? I am not re-grouting tile, just filling in some small cracks and areas smaller than a pea and cracks maybe an inch long but only 2mm wide, really small.

Thoughts?

They're pretty much the same. The tile grout might have a finer aggregate to allow the product to get into tighter joints. It might also be formulated to be less prone to cracking when exposed above the water line.

Thanks, it seemed like it. My little cracks are at the top near the coping stone, so the water should ideally never get there anyhow. My plaster and such is 13 years old, it looks good as i acid washed and saned (150 grit 7" orbital) the whole thing this spring, but I know it's going to be due for major work in 5 or so years. I'm just going to use this stuff since I already have it and close up those tiny little cracks. It makes me feel good knowing they arent open, even though water only gets there during plashing around in the pool, and i still have yet to see any leaks outside , etc.