More Jandy Aquapure 1400 Questions...error 120/121....help

New member. Need a little help...

I've run a search on the site and found some good info and links to manuals for the Jandy Aquapure 1400.

Figured I'd just start a new topic rather than hijack some of the others.

Getting error codes 120 and 121...seems rather common from other topics.

Running an inground pool, white plaster, 25,000 gallons +/-, DE filter, Jandy Aquapure 1400 generator. Live in Cypress (Houston) Texas. Pool used year round. Need to run the generator at 60 to 75% during the hot summer months to keep chlorine in the pool. Water temp usually over 90 deg F....I run my pool during daylight hours (sunup to sundown)

Pool was installed with tablet chlorine system. Switched to the Jandy system 3 years ago (installed by my pool builder). Been running pretty much trouble free until lately. Error codes 120 and 121 - not seeing any chlorine in the pool. Salinity around 3.0 (confirmed at the pool store with their fancy meter).

None of the pool stores in my area can test the Jandy cells....Arrgh....

On to my troubleshooting

Only getting the error codes 120/121. Appears all the other "functions" (flow, etc) are working correctly.

I did check my voltage at the cell and box.

Get the same reading at both - 35 VDC - too high, correct?

Shouldn't it be 24VDC +/-?

Is the high voltage caused by the cell going bad?

After reading a bunch of topics on the board, I think I may have done some damage to the cell to cause my problems. Want to confirm before I spend $'s on the new cell....

I've added salt without turning the generator to zero....

I've also been "agressive" with my cleaning of the cell last time - probably used a little more acid than I should have....There are no blockages/scale on the cell - it looks "clean"...

Sooooo.....Based on what I've presented.....do I replace the cell?

Thanks, SW

I've also been "agressive" with my cleaning of the cell last time - probably used a little more acid than I should have.

Welcome to the forum...

What would you say your mix was last time (ratio)? Don't tell me you just poured it into the cell strait.

I've also been "agressive" with my cleaning of the cell last time - probably used a little more acid than I should have.

Welcome to the forum...

What would you say your mix was last time (ratio)? Don't tell me you just poured it into the cell strait.

Thanks for the quick reply.

The "mix" I was soaking in was between 2 to 3 parts water, 1 part acid....I did have a "pool test" bottle with a 1:1 mix that I did squirt directly onto some of the deposits on the cell...

I know, probably not a good idea....

I was having a bad day with all the pool equipment - bad pump housing, bad gasket in the 5 way valve, leaking pump seal....my "planned" 2 hour maintenance project ended up taking almost 6 hours with all the problems that showed up along the way. Wanted to get the cell clean and everything back together.

I know....My bad.

Sounds like I killed my cell, correct?

If you cant clear the code with cleaning, it usually means a new cell. But could be a cord. Where were you taking the voltage at? Board or at the cell?

The cell "looks" clean - no visible scale.

Voltage was 35 VDC at both the board and at the cell

I ran the unit up to 100% at the time of the readings.

It looks like the replacement cell comes with a new cord also....Found one online retailer that has it for round $500.

Guess I learned an expensive lesson....go easy on the acid when you clean the cell..... :(

• 6 years later...
  • 4 years later...