Just Bought An Arctic Frontier Legend Extreme

klt1200

I need some advice from Arctic owners. They just delivered the Spa and half way set up the cover lifter. It has rained here in Northern VA over the New Years holiday and when I looked into the spa there was about an inch of water and water was leaking in from the middle of the cover when I folded it.

With all the hype about the Artic cover, I thought that it should be pretty much water tight or at least keep a majority of water out. The cover was also stored outside and is pretty filthy with mildew showing on the inside, lots of construction dirt and spider egg nests in the crevasses.

This just does not seem right. I got a good deal on the spa but I think they should replace the cover. Anyone have any experience dealing with this issue? I will be addressing it sometime this week with dealer.

I need some advice from Arctic owners. They just delivered the Spa and half way set up the cover lifter. It has rained here in Northern VA over the New Years holiday and when I looked into the spa there was about an inch of water and water was leaking in from the middle of the cover when I folded it.

With all the hype about the Artic cover, I thought that it should be pretty much water tight or at least keep a majority of water out. The cover was also stored outside and is pretty filthy with mildew showing on the inside, lots of construction dirt and spider egg nests in the crevasses.

This just does not seem right. I got a good deal on the spa but I think they should replace the cover. Anyone have any experience dealing with this issue? I will be addressing it sometime this week with dealer.

You don't have to be an Arctic owner to tell you if it was an as is year end special and it included that particular cover you may have no choice. But I would most assuradly make sure you let the dealer know your unhappyness with the cover and ask for a replacement.

I agree with Roger, kit. Your cover obviously is defective in some way. IMO, you cannot buy a stronger, thicker, more durable cover than the Arctic 5" premium one. I have no leaks, no spills, and very little heat loss thru mine. Demand a new one from the dealer unless you bought the package "as is". Then, good luck.

All vinyl covers allow a small amount of water to pass through.

They have stitch holes on top, and drain holes on the bottom.

The only real issue is whether or not the foam cores have absorbed water. If not, then clean off the cover and get on with enjoying your new tub.

B)

You don't have to be an Arctic owner to tell you if it was an as is year end special and it included that particular cover you may have no choice. But I would most assuradly make sure you let the dealer know your unhappyness with the cover and ask for a replacement.

I agree and would not worry about leakge, they all do to a point. I would however, ask for a replacement cover if unless it was a as is deal.