Help! My Pool Is Lime Green!

I just bought an above ground pool 15'x48'. Once I started filling the water..about half way, i noticed that the water is this CLEAR LIME-GREEN color. Everyone told me it was normal and that after i finish filling it for me to put in Metal Free then wait 24 hours... then put chlorine tabs and abut 4 oz of shock. I did that. and after a day, it was still the same color... I went to the pool store and had them test the water.... Not enough chlorine.....went home..put more shock and waited.. Next day .. NOTHING... went back to the store with the new water... tested it. pH is low... bought Soda Ash.. put that in and they also said put in MORE SHOCK.. went home.. put in the soda ash, put in the WHOLE bag of Shock.. NOTHING.....

NOTHING I DO SEEMS TO WORK?!!!!!!! The color never changes no matter what I put in or dont put in. Someone told me that I might have not put in enough Metal free.... does that sound correct? Would that make my pool Lime green. It's not algae because it's clear..not murky..and it's been this color from the beginning... even before the pool was filled to the top! SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!! It's been a week and im soo frustrated! Thanks you!

A yellow tint to the water against a blue liner can look green. Typically this does mean you have metals in the water. If the pool store won't test for metals, usually your city or county has a service for testing water.

-paulr

• 2 weeks later...

I would suggest asking neighbors about the color of their pool water... maybe the water you get for your pool naturally has that tint in large quantities. The color of the bottom of your pool also might be contributing to the lime green color of the water. I suggest asking around the area.

Does your pool water look like this? Green pool water