Need Some Good Advise

Jobamo

Hi we live in Tennessee have two Spas at our rental properties. They work okay and both Belize Spas. I’m in the process of building a new deck at our home. We were thinking about purchasing either the Serenity X16 HDTV or the Hot Springs Vangusrd, Has anyone had any good or bad news on any of these, or suggest one that is comparable? My back yard is like a park and very serine and we can’t wait to enjoy the Winter months! We’re looking for the best Bang for our Buck! You can contact me at jobamo@comcast.net or here!

Thanks for your time,

John

Hi we live in Tennessee have two Spas at our rental properties. They work okay and both Belize Spas. I’m in the process of building a new deck at our home. We were thinking about purchasing either the Serenity X16 HDTV or the Hot Springs Vangusrd, Has anyone had any good or bad news on any of these, or suggest one that is comparable? My back yard is like a park and very serine and we can’t wait to enjoy the Winter months! We’re looking for the best Bang for our Buck! You can contact me at jobamo@comcast.net or here!

Thanks for your time,

John

Serenity X16 by Absolute Pools and Hot Tubs

What I like - They are made in TN, perhaps close to you

What I don't like - They have an F from the BBB. Now, I believe that even the BBB should be taken with a bit of skepticism, a large company can get a number of bogus claims from wacko customers. But it says they didn't reply to some claims, that is probably a bad sign.

Hot Springs is a pretty big name in hot tubs. Overall I've heard pretty good things.

In terms of other brands, it really depends upon what you are looking for. If you want the absolute cheapest and don't mind doing repairs yourself without support, you can find a Chinese-made spa on the internet. If you want good quality and good support, find a dealer in the yellow pages within a reasonable driving range and go meet them.

Buy Local - Period.

That being said, what I mean is buy from a local, reputable dealer. Keep in mind also, that purchasing a hot tub simply because it's "made locally" isn't always the best idea. We have some spas built locally up here in our cold winter climate, that are not very energy efficient. Even though they're built in a cold climate.

Obviously as a Hot Spring dealer & fan, I have some bias anyhow. But the Hot Spring brand is very, very well known as a strong quality product. Even Hot Spring's staunchest of competitors will admit that Hot Spring is a great option.

Compare the spas you're interested in, and see what works best for you. Sit in them if you can. Make sure each has a local dealer that can support you for technical difficulties, repairs, water care questions, etc.

Watkins Manufacturing (who makes Hot Spring) has been a major player since they began back in 1977. They've got over 800 dealers throughout the world. So you'll always be able to get support from someone, which is nice peace of mind for sure.

- End Soap Box -

Thanks for your help everyone. We're going for the Cool Springs. You're right about the name and local dealer plus the service is just around the corner from Gallatin. I didn't realize how-many hot tubs and spas were out there! Unreal!! I think you are correct finding something that will be there 5-10 years from now is the best.

Thanks again for your input!

Rock & Roll!

John