Value Of 2007 Hot Springs Envoy

Mambeaux

I have a line on a 2007 Envoy. The tub has been outside all of it's life but it really looks nice. I have seen all the paper work and know that they paid $9300 for it in July '07 and it includes a remote and a top lifter.

I can buy it for $3500 but I have to pay for moving.

Deal or no deal!?

Thanks for any and all help!

I have a line on a 2007 Envoy. The tub has been outside all of it's life but it really looks nice. I have seen all the paper work and know that they paid $9300 for it in July '07 and it includes a remote and a top lifter.

I can buy it for $3500 but I have to pay for moving.

Deal or no deal!?

Thanks for any and all help!

Its condition means everything but as a GENERAL rule of thumb I think a spa loses about 40% of its value the first year, about 10% more for each of years 2,3,4 and then about 5% per year until its gets to be about 8 years old and then the year means little and its pretty much all about conditon.

In your case I'd guesstimate that spa to be worth about 40% of its original price (60% less than they paid). Thats in the ballpark of what they're asking but once you know that then the key becomes what condition is it in and with all used spas you REALLY need to be able to see it filled with water, up to temperature and fully operational. If its unhooked and you have to take their word for how it as operating before they drained/disconnected then I'd thank them for their time and walk away, even with a newer spa, unless they weer willing to rehook it up.

If you're serious offer them $3k or $3.2k to make up for you having to move it. All they can do is say no and stick to their price.

Not sure where you are from, but there are plenty of nice NEW spas out there for around 4k. There is nothing wrong with buying a less expensive NEW spa with warranty, new cover, delivery versus buying an overpriced used spa with no warranty, a used cover, etc.

Not sure where you are from, but there are plenty of nice NEW spas out there for around 4k. There is nothing wrong with buying a less expensive NEW spa with warranty, new cover, delivery versus buying an overpriced used spa with no warranty, a used cover, etc.

I don't think you're going to get much of a new spa for $3500.

Buying a good used spa is like buying a good used car. Sure, you can get a new car for not much more and sometimes even less than something like a used BMW but just like with used cars you can get used hot tubs that have very good value and if you get make sure you're getting a good brand at a good price there is nothing worng with that route.

Eehhhh..... "nice" looking perhaps. But nothing in the $4k range is even going to compare to a quality spa like a Hot Spring Envoy. ;)

Personally, I think $3,500 for a 2007 Envoy is a good deal. Assuming everything is functional (heats, jets work, no leaks, etc) I'd say it's a great hot tub that you'll most certainly enjoy. One thing to simply consider, is that you may need/want to invest in a new cover in the next couple years depending on it's shape.

Have you seen it running?

If you buy it, make sure you get the sub panel also.

I've seen it running and it looks great. My wife like the four different light colors and the fountain.

What is a sub panel?

Electrical subpanel. Probably mounted to the side of the house or nearby; often about like 10+ feet away from the spa. They shouldn't need it once the spa is gone so negotiate to have it included.