D1 Amore Vs Hs Vista

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trying to make my final descision on which spa to get, I will wet test this week. I hear you can't compare these two but what will I be missing if I get the vista. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Both are well thought of and you should be happy with either but did you wet test them. That should help you decide if one (or both) seem right for you. Factor in wet test results, the dealership itself (how long in spa world, how long with this brand, do they service, etc.), cost/what kind of deal you think you're getting, etc.

Trying to make my final descision on which spa to get, I will wet test this week. I hear you can't compare these two but what will I be missing if I get the vista. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Both are well thought of and you should be happy with either but did you wet test them. That should help you decide if one (or both) seem right for you. Factor in wet test results, the dealership itself (how long in spa world, how long with this brand, do they service, etc.), cost/what kind of deal you think you're getting, etc.

I will do a wet test tomorrow. Anyone out there have recent quotes on these? I'm getting quotes in the range of vista = 10,800, amore = 15,000.

does this sound right?

I will do a wet test tomorrow. Anyone out there have recent quotes on these? I'm getting quotes in the range of vista = 10,800, amore = 15,000.

does this sound right?

I'd like to know how much more spa you would get for 5K more money!! I vote Vista.

does this sound right?

I'd like to know how much more spa you would get for 5K more money!! I vote Vista.

Assuming both wet test well, I personally would also lean toward the Vista with that kind of price difference but there is no need to spend too much time debating until you get a chance to test them both (preferably on the same day).

does this sound right?

sounds to me like you will be missing $5K if you get the Amore. :rolleyes:

A couple of thing sto remember when you are looking a at the 2 the Vista would be a comparable with the Chairman , californian and Nautilus models. would be in the same range you are looking at. ON the Amore Bay, it does not look like a box with water, it has the nice curvilinear design, the water feature with the babbling brook, also if you look how the 2 bioform lounges are designed, if you and you other are sitting there it is easier to talk and see each other without having to turn you neck to much. add the ultrapure plus water management system, only 2 filters, also the dynamic massage sequencer. the nice round bench seating at the end of the spa, the tactile therapy. so you are getting a lot of value and use moving up, but again to compare apple to apple you need to look at the reflections series. any other questions you can p/m me.

Eric

I wet tested both tubs today, both very nice. Must say, I was impressed with the hot springs moto-massage. The Amore was also great but I feel uncertain about all the bench seating. Amore has 2 great seats but the others are just average. Made me think maybe the seating in the Sarena Bay makes more sense or even the chairman. I find myself more confused than before...I thought the Amore was it for me.

I wet tested both tubs today, both very nice. Must say, I was impressed with the hot springs moto-massage. The Amore was also great but I feel uncertain about all the bench seating. Amore has 2 great seats but the others are just average. Made me think maybe the seating in the Sarena Bay makes more sense or even the chairman. I find myself more confused than before...I thought the Amore was it for me.

I think D1 makes a very good prodcut overall but I'm not as much a fan of the Bay series as the Reflection when you factor in value. I'm fine with my spa being square with rounded corners and don't need it to be curved like a butterfly when that leads to a price of $15k. If the Vista tested well I'd compare it to the closest-similarly sized spa in the Reflection series but thats just me and since the spa isn't for me you have to take some time and think about which is best for you.

again i would look at the Chairman or the Californian for a direct comparison of the Vista, both brands are very good. both have beed around a long time. Amore is still one of my best sellers. but again not everyone is going to spend 15k . but the chairman II has a lot of features including the dynamic massage sequencer. like a moto massage but more programming available. did you try it in the Amore Bay.

I tested the D1 chairman today and really liked it but it is also on the pricey side compared to the HS Vista. Only about a 2500 difference between the Chairman and Sarena bay. I would love to wet test the Sarena but there is no water in it at the store.

My concern is this, is the Sarena seating as quality as the chairman? I know it has more seating but are they as good?

• 2 weeks later...

joedonofrio

how is your search going, I am surprised that the Chairman is that much higher than the Vista, , we have a higher difference between the Sarena Bay and the Chairman, i would ask those guys that you want to wettest the Sarena Bay,. both are great spas, you would be happy with each. if you have specific questions between the 2 you can p.m me is you like....more than willing to help you out on the build of both D1 models for you...

thanks everyone for the replies. Tough decision, I really like the D1 spas but the hot spring seem like a better deal. If the chairman was priced the same as a vista or grandee, I think I would go for the chairman. But for an extra 3k not sure its worth it. Hopefully I can make a decision, its killing me.

thanks everyone for the replies. Tough decision, I really like the D1 spas but the hot spring seem like a better deal. If the chairman was priced the same as a vista or grandee, I think I would go for the chairman. But for an extra 3k not sure its worth it. Hopefully I can make a decision, its killing me.

Chairman is how much more than the Vista; you can't mean its $3k more? What prices are you getting?

If you like the Vista, and it's also cheaper... It seems fairly easy to me. Then again, I'm a Hot Spring fan through and through. Great spa brand.

But again, I'd buy Hot Spring over D1 any day. *shrugs*

If you like the Vista, and it's also cheaper... It seems fairly easy to me. Then again, I'm a Hot Spring fan through and through. Great spa brand.

JerimiahR,

That is funny that you say that, cause I would buy a D1 over HS any day..! But that's just me...! ***Shrug***

Hahahah

JerimiahR,

That is funny that you say that, cause I would buy a D1 over HS any day..! But that's just me...! ***Shrug***

Hahahah

+1 D1 all the way. I have the lotus bay and yes its worth the extra money

I have the Californian and really like it a lot - paid about $8300 for a very 'clean' floor model. I did not look at Hot Springs as our local Hot Springs dealer has a terrible reputation for follow through/service.

The seating in the Californian is really good for our purposes - most of it 'barrier free' with one lounger. It makes moving around easier for people when they are in the spa although mostly it's just me.

Jeremiah,

man i am gonna have to stay true to my colors with D1dennis and masanori. D1 . :rolleyes:

I have no experience with the D1 but I do have a HS Vista. We've been very pleased with this tub. I really don't know how another could be any better. Especially $3000 better. Lots of room & very comfortable. Normally, it's just for two to four of us. Sometimes six. In all cases, it's been great. You wouldn't go wrong with this model. And who knows..... For $3000 more, you'll probably like the D1 just as much.