New Master Spa Owner

Spa Guy-

You need to get the facts straight

1. D1 is NOT Trade certified yet by Spa Search...(D1 is a good spa, they have many of the awards that Master,Hot Springs and Sundance have won).

2. Their spas do have the highest rating from spa search (as do 8 other including Master Spas).

3. D1 did win the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur award as did Master...

4. The Inspire award is the highest honor you can win in our Industry. Given by the then... NSPI now it's the APSP...

5. D1 has not won the BBB Torch award, neither has any other spa manufacturer yet...but there is next year

6. The Blue Chip Business award is given for excellence and growth in a tough economy.

7. Dr. Gadget is an expert on the latest innovative products and is seen on many TV programs including NBC Today, EXTRA!, GMA, The View...

There are many other awards that Master has won...

I'm not saying D1 is a bad spa. I have serviced many of them...

I have actually serviced more Sundance, Jacuzzi, Caldera Spas and Hot Springs Spas than Master Spas...

You and a few others think your opinions matter more than established credible organizations...Consumers Don't...

That's probably why Master keeps selling more and most spa cos. sales are off 50%...

By the way, we are not affiliated with Hot Tub Brokers...We have sent some customers their way.

We make our money fixing spas...

You guys are bashing Hot Tub Brokers, but they are selling many spas and have for 5-10 years...

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You and a few others think your opinions matter more than established credible organizations...Consumers Don't...

Those "awards" mean little to nothing but if you don't think our opinions don't matter then lets instead pay attention to those who wish they had done a little more research before purchasing:

BILL: Keep running from Master Spas!!!! I bought at their traveling road show.

ELIZABETH: the sales people were as dishonest as could be...I have met with one frustration after another...

DAVID: if you are looking for a tub that works well with good service STAY AWAY FROM MASTER SPA

MICHAEL: Finding someone to work on a Master Spa is like hitting the lottery... I will be sending this hot tub to the land fill

By the way, we are not affiliated with Hot Tub Brokers...We have sent some customers their way.

You guys are bashing Hot Tub Brokers, but they are selling many spas and have for 5-10 years...

Why would you intentionally send unsuspecting customers to such a site?

Can they really purchase Hot Spring, Jacuzzi, Dimension 1, and Sundance Spas direct from the manufacturer or only Master Spas?

If so, how are they able to provide these spas at up to 50% off and remain in business? That would put the spas at way below wholesale according to the prices listed (Master Spas excluded).

Is Tim Baele associated with hottubbroker.con? The website was registered in his name up until the past 24 hours.

If so, in what capacity does he serve?

Is he affiliated with the traveling pool and spa expo?

Lastly, if you know Tim Baele (he's been in the industry almost EXACTLY as long as you), do you also know Tim Blake in Texas?

The website is very vague on specifics. Perhaps if you could expound upon them, it would shed some light on the subject at hand.

Thanks for your continued attention....

Good Ol' Termie

Never mind about how they make their money....I found this review of the company on their Google listing:

"We wanted a certain spa. We shopped and shopped at local retail stores and we could not find this spa for the right price. Hot Tub Broker was recommended to us by a neighbor who bought a spa a few years ago from them. They were very happy. We called spoke to Mary Ann. She found us a $ 10999 spa for $ 5680. She said they keep their overhead low. The owners work for the largest National Manufactures of spas, swim spas, hot tubs, gazebos, pools, saunas and other backyard products. They said they get a small commission % from the manufactures they sell. They say there is always an event going on that they can inventory from. If at these shows they display 100 spas and only sell 40-50 floor models. There are always 1/2 trucks to ship and they are expensive to ship so single spas are cheaper to ship and there are no restock fees... We are very happy with our spa we bought in 2005...Check them out‎"

I was thinking at first it sounded like Brian bought a Calspa....but, I don't think they do spa shows (at least I don't think they ALWAYS have an event going on). There's only one other company that fits that description....hmmmm.....and Brian says that the owners of hottubroker.con WORK FOR THIS MANUFACTURER.

There's another reviewer named "Tim", but he didn't offer much info.

Hot Tub Broker.con Reviews

This is of great interest to myself and others....

Curious Term

Why would you intentionally send unsuspecting customers to such a site?

Can they really purchase Hot Spring, Jacuzzi, Dimension 1, and Sundance Spas direct from the manufacturer or only Master Spas?

If so, how are they able to provide these spas at up to 50% off and remain in business? That would put the spas at way below wholesale according to the prices listed (Master Spas excluded).

Is Tim Baele associated with hottubbroker.con? The website was registered in his name up until the past 24 hours.

If so, in what capacity does he serve?

Is he affiliated with the traveling pool and spa expo?

Lastly, if you know Tim Baele (he's been in the industry almost EXACTLY as long as you), do you also know Tim Blake in Texas?

The website is very vague on specifics. Perhaps if you could expound upon them, it would shed some light on the subject at hand.

Thanks for your continued attention....

Good Ol' Termie

Do you truly think you will get even one single straight answer to these questions Term? Come on I know your redneck and naive but you can't possibly be that bad :P

Do you truly think you will get even one single straight answer to these questions Term? Come on I know your redneck and naive but you can't possibly be that bad :P

'Tis true that I only spent 16 years in school, most of it being in the 6th grade, but contrary to popular belief, I ain't a redneck. I don't like Lone Star Beer, I don't date my sister much, I still have all 17 of my teef, and I do have a pair of shoes stashed away somewheres.

Thank you and come agin'!

Term 'ite

Term

this is getting better, i still wonder if he read the articles.....so i guess i need to go to redneck schoo wit u....

We have the best dogum redneck school in the whole country rite here in Northern Minnesota (Sturgeon Lake) where i live. There's a barber shop right next door to prep your hair cut.

All those beer signs on the windows kinda gives it away thought!

To answer your question, Roger.....no.

Spatechsince79 is smart enough to realize that if he answers any of our questions, his true identity is exposed and EVERYONE in this industry who gives a damn about ethics will spread his story far and wide. All the pieces are coming together and the truth will make for some interesting discussion soon.

Term

I know you guys will get a kick out of this. There is a Four Winds rep in our area that sells spas out of his garage. This just goes to show the BS that takes place in our industry. It is a shame. I feel sorry sometimes for people looking for a hot tub.

"Mr. Divorce Guy"

That price is about right for that tub. You get what you pay for. To bad he's advertising it as top end when in actuality it's, well worth 4995.

I know you guys will get a kick out of this. There is a Four Winds rep in our area that sells spas out of his garage. This just goes to show the BS that takes place in our industry. It is a shame. I feel sorry sometimes for people looking for a hot tub.

"Mr. Divorce Guy"

There are some bad apple dealers out there certainly (not commenting on this one since I'm not in the loop) and while some brands definteily may have more than others the reality is every brand has a mix of very good and not so great dealers. The customer has to be savvy enough to avoid a problem dealer but some get blinded by price tags and would buy off the back of a turnip truck if they thought they were getting a deal.

I'm more concerned with people who get screwed by the manufacturer because that's not so easy for the common customer to see. Fortunately except for a few bad apples most spa manufacturers are not only concerned with short term sales and their bottom dollar but are just as committed to the customer (or you could say they're concerned with the customer as a way to cement their reputation and help their bottom line).

reputable manufacturer +good product + reputable dealer + good service = happy spa owner

There are some bad apple dealers out there certainly (not commenting on this one since I'm not in the loop) and while some brands definteily may have more than others the reality is every brand has a mix of very good and not so great dealers. The customer has to be savvy enough to avoid a problem dealer but some get blinded by price tags and would buy off the back of a turnip truck if they thought they were getting a deal.

I'm more concerned with people who get screwed by the manufacturer because that's not so easy for the common customer to see. Fortunately except for a few bad apples most spa manufacturers are not only concerned with short term sales and their bottom dollar but are just as committed to the customer (or you could say they're concerned with the customer as a way to cement their reputation and help their bottom line).

reputable manufacturer +good product + reputable dealer + good service = happy spa owner

What have I been trying to preach here since I joined, the product is only as good as the dealers service. Everyone is happy and will sing the brands praises while the thing is working but as soon as it breaks and the dealer fails to fix the problem then the brand is crap and avoid at all costs. It wasn't until I looked on the net at customers comments did I realise every brand have their crap dealers and complaining consumers.

What have I been trying to preach here since I joined, the product is only as good as the dealers service. Everyone is happy and will sing the brands praises while the thing is working but as soon as it breaks and the dealer fails to fix the problem then the brand is crap and avoid at all costs. It wasn't until I looked on the net at customers comments did I realise every brand have their crap dealers and complaining consumers.

I'm glad you realize that, not all spa consumers do, and you're certainly preaching to the choir as many of us repeat over and over that the dealer and their ability/willingness to service their product represent half of the equation that makes for a good spa experience. Of course the manufacturer and their product are keys also but the dealer is the person who you'll interface with and you always want to be comfortable with them when choosing a spa.

reputable manufacturer + good product + reputable dealer + good service = happy spa owner

• 2 years later...