New Master Spa Owner

Hey G Man...

It's Cali Girl...Not Call Girl !!

Perhaps you have the wrong forum lol

I think everyone buys things differently. Shopping for a spa is supposed to be fun, at least it is for most people I think. Giving someone a "homework" assignment doesnt sound like the kind of thing most people want to do. Also, a lot of people may not feel comfortable getting in a hot tub at a store. Giving someone nightmares about which hot tub to buy is defeating the purpose of buying a spa to begin with...relaxing, enjoying yourself and your family, just feeling better, therapy...It's supposed to be fun, remember???

Perhaps some people DO want to make spa shopping their life purpose. Those people are more than welcome to drive 100s of miles to sit in a hot tub. Perhaps they will never even buy a hot tub because they are afraid to make the wrong decision. Different strokes for different folks.

To "factual and concerned" why dont you give me the serial number of your spa and I will call the factory on your behalf. Your convoluted short story seemed more like a key-word loaded attempt to help your search engine results.

The scare tactics on this forum borderline on the absurd, and threatens the credibility of the site as a whole.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks everybody for your input. Being a novice to the "spa world" I had no idea that the passionate runs so deep. I did try and contact my local Master Spa dealer in the San Franciso Bay area only to find they have closed. This totally ontradicts what the factory sales people represented at the time of my purchase. I am getting a little antsy and think I might cancel the transaction. I have started to research some of manufacturers suggested in some of the posts and realize that the features and claims made by the various brands are as vast as my choices. My primary objective is to purchase a spa that will help relieve some of the constant pain my husband experiences due to his severe spinal condition. I relaize that in my haste to provide him some relief I may have made a ill adbised purchase. I think the Master Spa is a good spa but I have nothing to compare it to. I'm not ruling out the Master Spa I just think I need to rule more options in. Keep the suggestions comming I have until midnight tomorrow to cancel my transaction.

lol Call Girl! Thats my laff for the day - thanks!

Check out Bullfrog and Beachcomber- both are very good quality tubs. Bullfrog seems a little hokey at first with the interchangeable jet paks, but considering your husbands spinal condition that may be a benefit, to be able to change the jet configurations as his needs change. They have a great track record and a great warranty.

Ya you are right, for some people, passions do run deep. You will just have to do a little homework and find whats best for you.

God Bless & good luck.

What are your suggestions that are far better and why???

Since you asked, I'd take most any spa brand above Master but as for "far better" I'd go with Arctic, Artesian, Beachcomber, Caldera, D1, Hot Spring, Jacuzzi, Marquis and Sundance. As far as why I'd say Quality, Energy Efficiency and Warranty follow-through along with trust of the manufacturer in general (their traveling spa show scams they put on and their past rebate scam involvement define them well).

There are certainly other brands I would put ahead of Master such as Bullfrog, Catalina, Coast, Dynasty, LA, Maax, etc. but you asked about "far better" which was my earlier list.

Hey G Man...

It's Cali Girl...Not Call Girl !!

Perhaps you have the wrong forum lol

I think everyone buys things differently. Shopping for a spa is supposed to be fun, at least it is for most people I think. Giving someone a "homework" assignment doesnt sound like the kind of thing most people want to do. Also, a lot of people may not feel comfortable getting in a hot tub at a store. Giving someone nightmares about which hot tub to buy is defeating the purpose of buying a spa to begin with...relaxing, enjoying yourself and your family, just feeling better, therapy...It's supposed to be fun, remember???

Perhaps some people DO want to make spa shopping their life purpose. Those people are more than welcome to drive 100s of miles to sit in a hot tub. Perhaps they will never even buy a hot tub because they are afraid to make the wrong decision. Different strokes for different folks.

To "factual and concerned" why dont you give me the serial number of your spa and I will call the factory on your behalf. Your convoluted short story seemed more like a key-word loaded attempt to help your search engine results.

The scare tactics on this forum borderline on the absurd, and threatens the credibility of the site as a whole.

Cali Girl,

Sorry for the misnomer...nothing personal...just misread your call sign.

I agree with you...everyone shops differently and hot tub shopping should be fun. I had a lot of fun shopping for my hot tub and a wonderful time doing my "research". Yes, I travelled long distances as part of my research, but I learned a lot... and not just about hot tubs. I used those long trips to explore other interests in the neighboring vicinity. Amongst many other things, I discovered a great restaurant that served a terrific pork sandwich.

Shopping for a hot tub did not become my life's work. But it became obvious to me, early in my shopping for a hot tub, that there was a lot about hot tubs that I didn't know. I took my time because I was not in any particular hurry. There was no urgency to purchase just any hot tub. The time I spent doing my "homework" was fun and worth it to me. But that's my style. It may not be yours. Purchasing products spontaneously certainly avoids "homework" and saves time.

Caveat Emptor..."Buyer Beware" was my underlying point. My recommendations were in support of that axiom. I apologize if you found my recommendations discouraging or intimidating. I certainly did not intend to give you nightmares. However, if thinking about which hot tub to buy gives you nightmares, then you're probably better off taking on faith what a salesman tells you. A blind squirrel can still stumble upon an acorn. ;^)

It's your money....it's your time...it's your hot tub. I wish you well. I hope what you buy matches what you want.

Happy tubbing,

gman

Since you asked, I'd take most any spa brand above Master but as for "far better" I'd go with Arctic, Artesian, Beachcomber, Caldera, D1, Hot Spring, Jacuzzi, Marquis and Sundance. As far as why I'd say Quality, Energy Efficiency and Warranty follow-through along with trust of the manufacturer in general (their traveling spa show scams they put on and their past rebate scam involvement define them well).

There are certainly other brands I would put ahead of Master such as Bullfrog, Catalina, Coast, Dynasty, LA, Maax, etc. but you asked about "far better" which was my earlier list.

You have got to be kidding? I could go into my reasons with each of these brands, but since I am not trying to write a book I will only mention a few of the obvious issues I have with your list...

Caldera, Hot Spring, D1...Great spas if you like paying for a name. As far as features, jets, power, they just dont have any. Doesn't D1 build windmills now?

Coast...Go ahead and try to call the factory service department, I dare you. If you are lucky enough to find the number, good chance the person on the other line speaks French. That is why the only service contact with Coast will be by email. Good luck with that as well.

Dynasty...used to be a dealer of theirs. Decided I didnt like waiting a month plus for replacement parts.

SpaTech you clearly have personal issues with Master if you are putting these tubs ahead of them. Did they drop you as a dealer or something?

[

You have got to be kidding? I could go into my reasons with each of these brands, but since I am not trying to write a book I will only mention a few of the obvious issues I have with your list...

Caldera, Hot Spring, D1...Great spas if you like paying for a name. As far as features, jets, power, they just dont have any. Doesn't D1 build windmills now?

Coast...Go ahead and try to call the factory service department, I dare you. If you are lucky enough to find the number, good chance the person on the other line speaks French. That is why the only service contact with Coast will be by email. Good luck with that as well.

Dynasty...used to be a dealer of theirs. Decided I didnt like waiting a month plus for replacement parts.

SpaTech you clearly have personal issues with Master if you are putting these tubs ahead of them. Did they drop you as a dealer or something?

If you're not a fan of Dynasty, Coast etc. I'm not going to argue with you, they're not high on my list either. I was not touting that second list of brands I mentioned, I was only pointing out that there are even several others after my intial list that I'd still take on before Master!!!

The point I was making is there are far better options out there IMO than Master (and some of them may be ok at best but that puts them ahead of Master IMO).

Kreg you clearly have personal issues with Master if you are putting these tubs on a list of quality brands. Did they ask you to come here to try and clean up their reputation or something?

Spatech,

well put. whenever Master comes up on here , guys show up, complain how we are giving our opinions, then do not see them for a while, like the guy 2 months ago , i cannot remember his name, but i have not seen him back. it would be nice if people realize these are our opinions, good, bad and indifferent.

Kreg,

windmills ! that is great. i have not heard that oneyet.. thats funny, and paying for the name. all the spas they make are in the same range as Sundance, Jacuzzi, Hot Springs,Master, so i do not see were that goes....and oh yeh there is Coast , in our town they are more expensive, i have seen the Craigslist add for the Niagara... must be a big seller. and also with what Caligirl is delaing with, The traveling show, they told her the local dealer can service it. she called and they are gone. Wouldn't that give you something to question regardless of the brand, even if the brand she was looking at was a thingamajig, or a whatchamacallit... but we do appreciate your opinions as well.

Opinions are like you-know-what-holes, and you are entitled to yours, no matter how misguided. And if you think a manufacturer that doesnt have a service department (Coast) is a better choice than a company rated #1 in customer satisfaction (Master) by Spasearch.org, than that just goes to show how irrelevant your opinion is. You never did answer my question SpaTech. Did Master drop you as a dealer or something? And BIG surprise, the so-called "customer" that "just happened to come across this forum" never did give me a serial number of his spa. Yes, windmills, not a joke.

As for service for Cali Girl...the company you bought your spa from would service it. This is not rocket science. I am not familiar with your area, and I don't know the dealer that you said had closed down, but what I do know is the company you put the deposit down with would be the one to service your spa. Look them up on the BBB, see if they will live up to their promises. My guess is they will.

Opinions are like you-know-what-holes, and you are entitled to yours, no matter how misguided. And if you think a manufacturer that doesnt have a service department (Coast) is a better choice than a company rated #1 in customer satisfaction (Master) by Spasearch.org, than that just goes to show how irrelevant your opinion is. You never did answer my question SpaTech. Did Master drop you as a dealer or something? And BIG surprise, the so-called "customer" that "just happened to come across this forum" never did give me a serial number of his spa. Yes, windmills, not a joke.

As for service for Cali Girl...the company you bought your spa from would service it. This is not rocket science. I am not familiar with your area, and I don't know the dealer that you said had closed down, but what I do know is the company you put the deposit down with would be the one to service your spa. Look them up on the BBB, see if they will live up to their promises. My guess is they will.

LOL, everyone here is supposed to believe Kreg's opinion as a salesman for one of the sleazyest companys out there means more than any other opinion here. They bought a spasearch rating so now they are majicaly a good spa!!! Your opinion is sliding into the you-know-what hole fast Kreg.

Thanks everybody for your input. Being a novice to the "spa world" I had no idea that the passionate runs so deep. I did try and contact my local Master Spa dealer in the San Franciso Bay area only to find they have closed. This totally ontradicts what the factory sales people represented at the time of my purchase. I am getting a little antsy and think I might cancel the transaction. I have started to research some of manufacturers suggested in some of the posts and realize that the features and claims made by the various brands are as vast as my choices. My primary objective is to purchase a spa that will help relieve some of the constant pain my husband experiences due to his severe spinal condition. I relaize that in my haste to provide him some relief I may have made a ill adbised purchase. I think the Master Spa is a good spa but I have nothing to compare it to. I'm not ruling out the Master Spa I just think I need to rule more options in. Keep the suggestions comming I have until midnight tomorrow to cancel my transaction.

So, what did you do?

The number for Coast is 604-514-8111. They do speak English and do have a service department. The only time I ever ordered parts from Dynasty it took 3 days to get.

1) Master rated #1 in service? Lol, sure. I wonder how much that cost them to get Spasearch to say that?

2) No, I've never been affiliated with the Masters of Deception in any way.

3) PLEASE don't try to convince us that Master will take care of the people who are unfortunate/naive enough to buy a spa from the traveling Master Spa Circus. We've seen soo many people complain on these internet forums (and/or in person) when the issues come up and they've realized what they got themselves into after the tent comes down and the sharks leave town.

4) I give you some credit for persisting. Every 6 months or so you show up and think you can convince people that everyone is out to get poor old Master and everyone is wrong qabout Master. Fortunately you slink away after a few weeks when you realize it doesn't work. Master has earned their reputation and you can't whitewash it with a few denials. Of course Master could really try to rebuild their repuation by taking the major step of eliminating their traveling Spa Scam show and rely on a dealer network but we now that'll never happen since they trick too many people with those shows and must be having a hell of a time getting many decent dealers to carry their product in brick-mortar stores (I'd open a liquor store in Amish country before I'd open a Master spa store).

1) Master rated #1 in service? Lol, sure. I wonder how much that cost them to get Spasearch to say that?

2) No, I've never been affiliated with the Masters of Deception in any way.

3) PLEASE don't try to convince us that Master will take care of the people who are unfortunate/naive enough to buy a spa from the traveling Master Spa Circus. We've seen soo many people complain on these internet forums (and/or in person) when the issues come up and they've realized what they got themselves into after the tent comes down and the sharks leave town.

4) I give you some credit for persisting. Every 6 months or so you show up and think you can convince people that everyone is out to get poor old Master and everyone is wrong qabout Master. Fortunately you slink away after a few weeks when you realize it doesn't work. Master has earned their reputation and you can't whitewash it with a few denials. Of course Master could really try to rebuild their repuation by taking the major step of eliminating their traveling Spa Scam show and rely on a dealer network but we now that'll never happen since they trick too many people with those shows and must be having a hell of a time getting many decent dealers to carry their product in brick-mortar stores (I'd open a liquor store in Amish country before I'd open a Master spa store).

My apologies that I am not on here enough for you. I've got better things to do then spend every waking moment on this forum arguing with you. As I have said before, you have an open invitation to go thru my customer files and call any one of the thousands of Master customers we have. You will find a lot of happy people.

SpaSearch.org is the ONLY independent company that rates hot tub manufacturers. Your slanderous, unsubstantiated comments will get you sued one day.

The people that complain about Master are our competitors! When you are at the top of the mountain there are a lot of people trying to pull you down.

Fortunately, consumers are smart enough to make their own decisions. They can see through the mud you sling.

Hey "factual and concerned"...still waiting on that serial number. If you were a real customer, you would give it to me. Just like all the other "unhappy customers" you are a figment of our competitors' imagination, whose sole purpose is to deceive potential customers. The credibility of this forum is a joke.

SpaSearch.org is the ONLY independent company that rates hot tub manufacturers. Your slanderous, unsubstantiated comments will get you sued one day.

There are other makers of spas on spasearch who have been certified, perhaps some of the company reps. on this forum could confirm whether or not they had to pay to be listed

The credibility of this forum is a joke.

Sometimes this is true

There are 6 manufacturers on the Spasearch certified manufacturers, i am not 100 percent sure how it works, but i think it is a lot better than what we have had, conusmer digest best buy is a buy in.But i believe that not any manufacturer can get in. there are a lot of checks to go through. check out spasearch.org, what is funny that these Master guys are slamming D1 and they are one of the Spasearch certified manufacturers, that does not hold any merit why these guys are slamming everyones opinions.

on the second comment : credibilty of forum. i believe there is a lot of crediblity to this site, everyone has opinions to what they think is the best. again the good, the bad and the ugly, some of us on here have seen some of these things first hand, but on the other hand to bash manufacturer with wrong information,and not knowing what is going on can be a problem . but again we all have are likes and dislikes,but i think everyone on here needs to realize that some of us are very passionate about the hot tub industry. nothing is perfect but this site is a great example for people to get a lot of insight and knowledge of our industry..

There are 6 manufacturers on the Spasearch certified manufacturers, i am not 100 percent sure how it works, but i think it is a lot better than what we have had, conusmer digest best buy is a buy in.But i believe that not any manufacturer can get in. there are a lot of checks to go through. check out spasearch.org, what is funny that these Master guys are slamming D1 and they are one of the Spasearch certified manufacturers, that does not hold any merit why these guys are slamming everyones opinions.

on the second comment : credibilty of forum. i believe there is a lot of crediblity to this site, everyone has opinions to what they think is the best. again the good, the bad and the ugly, some of us on here have seen some of these things first hand, but on the other hand to bash manufacturer with wrong information,and not knowing what is going on can be a problem . but again we all have are likes and dislikes,but i think everyone on here needs to realize that some of us are very passionate about the hot tub industry. nothing is perfect but this site is a great example for people to get a lot of insight and knowledge of our industry..

spasearch seem to not be in canada

The D1 windmill comment wasn't meant as a slam. The owner of the local Hot Spring dealership told me of the fact. If he was incorrect, and if I have repeated incorrect info, my apologies. That's what I get for believing a Hot Spring guy! lol

If they are building windmills, hey, I guess you have to do what you have to do.

As for most spa manufacturers, I think they all have their merits. Most are built in the good ole USA, which is more that can be said for any other industry. We all need to remember that we are in the same league! I may be a Lion (arggg) and you may be a Raider, but we are all in the NFL, so to speak. It doesn't do our industry any good to undermine the credibility of any manufacturer. We can dislike each others product for a variety of reasons, but at the end of the day, we should be happy when a customer decides to spend their hard-earned money on a hot tub for their back yard, REGARDLESS OF THE BRAND. It perpetuates our industry!

The D1 windmill comment wasn't meant as a slam. The owner of the local Hot Spring dealership told me of the fact. If he was incorrect, and if I have repeated incorrect info, my apologies. That's what I get for believing a Hot Spring guy! lol

If they are building windmills, hey, I guess you have to do what you have to do.

As for most spa manufacturers, I think they all have their merits. Most are built in the good ole USA, which is more that can be said for any other industry. We all need to remember that we are in the same league! I may be a Lion (arggg) and you may be a Raider, but we are all in the NFL, so to speak. It doesn't do our industry any good to undermine the credibility of any manufacturer. We can dislike each others product for a variety of reasons, but at the end of the day, we should be happy when a customer decides to spend their hard-earned money on a hot tub for their back yard, REGARDLESS OF THE BRAND. It perpetuates our industry!

My experience is based solely on my repair experience. Sure I have my favorite brand and a favorite model but that's for me. Customers out of warranty talk to me about their experience no matter what brand they buy or have owned. I am NOT in the NFL I am in my own league so keep selling them Kreg. Matter of fact start selling them in Northern Minnesota. They don't seem to fair to well up here and they sell so many down in southern Minnesota. But I don't think is substance that sells tubs down there, it's more about flash.

My experience is based solely on my repair experience. Sure I have my favorite brand and a favorite model but that's for me. Customers out of warranty talk to me about their experience no matter what brand they buy or have owned. I am NOT in the NFL I am in my own league so keep selling them Kreg. Matter of fact start selling them in Northern Minnesota. They don't seem to fair to well up here and they sell so many down in southern Minnesota. But I don't think is substance that sells tubs down there, it's more about flash.

There are other makers of spas on spasearch who have been certified, perhaps some of the company reps. on this forum could confirm whether or not they had to pay to be listed

There are nine manufacturers who are 2010 certified by spasearch and I know at least three of them are strongly represented on this forum. So could someone answer the question. Do you have to pay to be listed?