New Master Spa Owner

Hi,

I just purchased a Master Spa TS240 ( 3 person )this was a spur of the moment purchase at a county fair and now I am doing my research. I have a small window of opportunity to change my mind and cancel the purchase so I would be interested in hearing from any Master Spa owners or detractors on your personal experience with the brand. I had never heard of master spa before my purcahse and was actually looking to purchase a Cal Spa but the guy did a great sales job. I was converted primarily because of Lupus and Arthritis Foundation endorsements this was important to me since the spa will be used mostly by husband who has severe scoliosis. This was not a dealer purcahse but rather a direct factory purchase with a price tag of 4,999.00. There is a lcoal dealer in my area in the event I decide to keep it and need service. Let me hear from you.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suggest that you take advantage of that small window of opportunity and return it. The roving spa sales people often buy factory seconds at a reduced rate, thats how they can sell them cheaper. Your local dealer will probably not service it if you did not buy from him, so this may not be as good a deal as you think. I suggest that you spend a few extra $$ and buy from a reputable dealer that will support the product that they sell.

Hi,

I just purchased a Master Spa TS240 ( 3 person )this was a spur of the moment purchase at a county fair and now I am doing my research. I have a small window of opportunity to change my mind and cancel the purchase so I would be interested in hearing from any Master Spa owners or detractors on your personal experience with the brand. I had never heard of master spa before my purcahse and was actually looking to purchase a Cal Spa but the guy did a great sales job. I was converted primarily because of Lupus and Arthritis Foundation endorsements this was important to me since the spa will be used mostly by husband who has severe scoliosis. This was not a dealer purcahse but rather a direct factory purchase with a price tag of 4,999.00. There is a lcoal dealer in my area in the event I decide to keep it and need service. Let me hear from you.

Hi,

Good Choice..and that's a good price for that spa. We deliver and service alot of Master Spas, Jacuzzi Spas, Sundance Spas, Hot Springs Spas,Catalina Spas and Cal Spas. Master and Sundance work the best. Be careful there are people that post and act independent when they really sell or service one brand so they will be biased.

I suggest that you take advantage of that small window of opportunity and return it. The roving spa sales people often buy factory seconds at a reduced rate, thats how they can sell them cheaper. Your local dealer will probably not service it if you did not buy from him, so this may not be as good a deal as you think. I suggest that you spend a few extra $$ and buy from a reputable dealer that will support the product that they sell.

Re Read the post...They are buying from the factory and they have local service...Boy you guys are paranoid of Master Spas aren't you? I have been doing service for them (and many others) for 10 years. They pay their bills on time. They just won an award, along with Marquis Spas for paying their bills on time. It is called the Trade Certified Award. This where suppliers rate the spa manufactures for paying their bills. Only 2 of over 50 spa companies won this award. They use top notch parts, Balboa components & Sta Rite Pumps. There is obviously a good reason why Master Spas has grown from a small spa company 10 years ago to one of the 5 largest in the world...They make good products at good prices that their customers recommend to others...just like Hot Springs,Sundance and Jacuzzi...Do your research tub repair guy...

Caligirl,

it is nice to see you are on the forum. you will see lots of opinions both for and against the spa, as spatechsince1979 states that we are all independant and are biased, yes there is some of that, but again this forum is to see the different oprionions everyone has, Yes i sell D1 but i not on your thread to push them on you. i personally think you should research more. If you are happry with the sale then do it. My question to you is .Did you check with the local outfit( the name of the company that will service them? that is the first. We see the traveling guys come into our town and leave. Also the local dealer dropped them , they came to town and sold against the local dealer. But Master is spasearch rated, so are 5 other brands , you may check. i would also call you local dealers and ask them how there brand compares with what you are doing.. check oot there site,www.spasearch.org. I do recommend doing more research in the 3 day return they have, that will either strengthen you deal oor change your mind, . for those of us who are regulars on here everday we try to help with making a decision on your purchase,from our experience. check out this forum on what you are looking at and other brands, and read from the sources,,this may or may not help you. but we do our best.

Caligirl,

it is nice to see you are on the forum. you will see lots of opinions both for and against the spa, as spatechsince1979 states that we are all independant and are biased, yes there is some of that, but again this forum is to see the different oprionions everyone has, Yes i sell D1 but i not on your thread to push them on you. i personally think you should research more. If you are happry with the sale then do it. My question to you is .Did you check with the local outfit( the name of the company that will service them? that is the first. We see the traveling guys come into our town and leave. Also the local dealer dropped them , they came to town and sold against the local dealer. But Master is spasearch rated, so are 5 other brands , you may check. i would also call you local dealers and ask them how there brand compares with what you are doing.. check oot there site,www.spasearch.org. I do recommend doing more research in the 3 day return they have, that will either strengthen you deal oor change your mind, . for those of us who are regulars on here everday we try to help with making a decision on your purchase,from our experience. check out this forum on what you are looking at and other brands, and read from the sources,,this may or may not help you. but we do our best.

The Spa Guy-

We appreciate your honesty that you sell D1...D1 is a nice looking spa. It's a little pricey for what you get. Do you think the INC Magazine article from November 1, 2009 hurt them? Bob Hallum,the owner, is a nice guy, but to admit from going from $ 57,000,000 in sales in 2007 to $ 28,000,000 in sales in 2009 ??? (a 50% decrease). That had to kill your sales...Did they ever get into manufacturing urinals or horse trailers as mentioned in the article?

Maybe since your local dropped Master (why would they do that?)(Maybe they didn't pay their bills?)(It was probably the other way around-Maybe Master Dropped them?)...anyways...you really should look at Master Spas. They seem to do really well...I visit their factory twice a year for training and speak to many of their dealers. The Jacuzzi/Sundance dealers seem to also be pretty happy. Many of those dealers are looking at the Master Spas Swim Spas since Master Spas totally dominates the Swim Spa Market...

That is a great deal on a great tub. I am a dealer in Michigan, and the TS240 sells for a lot more than that! I really like the design and layout of the TS240, and the therapy and jet placement is great for someone with muscle and joint issues.

Hi,

Callgirl,

I have no experience with Master spas. If you use the search engine on this forum and insert "Master Spas", you will get numerous posts that talk about Master spas from individuals that have personal experience with them...some "pro" and some "con". I am offering the following suggestions to you because I believe they apply regardless of which spa you ultimately purchase. These are my opinions, however, and they are worth as much as you paid for them. 8^)

Keep in mind that I am assuming the Master Spa salesperson is someone you do not know or if he/she is someone you know, he/she is not someone who will sell you ocean-front property in Kansas.

1. Although snake oil may no longer be readily available, snake oil salesmen are all to prevalent. $5,000.00 is a lot of money to spend on anything. Unless you have money to burn, spending $5,000.00 on anything based solely upon what a salesperson tells you about a product is a dicey proposition. I recommend you research the product thoroughly first.

2. In your position, realizing that I was interested in a hot tub, I would cancel the contract and begin researching hot tubs in earnest. You can take the salesman's contact information for future reference. I would take the time to objectively, critically, and unemotionally research a variety of hot tubs, visit several dealerships and inspect several manufacturers to get a sense of what is in the market and where Master Spas are situated when compared with other brands. After you've done all your research and you still want the Master Spa, I can almost guarantee that if you cancel the contract now, but come back later for the same spa, the salesman will still sell it to you at the quoted price. I say this without knowing anything about the specifics of Master Spas or the Master Spas traveling salesman or their protocols. But in this economy, I can't imagine the salesman refusing a sale, even if it is delayed. The critical difference is that you will have made your decision based upon your own research and not upon a salesman's hype, unsubstantiated claims, or puffery. If the hot tub company is any good at all, they will be around to take your call for a hot tub.

3. Did you wet test the Master Spa (or any hot tub)? As you research hot tubs on this forum, you will find that almost everyone recommends that you should wet test a hot tub BEFORE purchasing it. You cannot get a sense of how the tub will feel to you just by sitting in a dry tub. So unless you plan on using your new hot tub without water, a dry test will not provide you with much useful information about the tubs hydrotherapy. If you did not get an opportunity to wet test the Master Spa, then again I would recommend you cancel the contract and do more research. IMPORTANT: It is important that you wet test the exact spa you intend to buy. Hot tub manufacturers make several models of hot tubs. Models by the same manufacturer do not feel the same. You cannot wet test Model A and assume Model B from the same manufacturer will feel the same as Model A. It won't. Don't let a salesman tell you that Model A is the same as Model B...they're not. So it is important that you wet test the exact model you intend to purchase.

4. You should also know that the maximum seating capacity that hot tub manufacturers state for their tub models is not the maximum number of people that can COMFORTABLY occupy the hot tub at the same time. You may want to keep that in mind when considering the appropriate size of hot tub for your intended purposes. My hot tub has a capacity of 6-7 people, but four can comfortably occupy the tub at one time without getting familiar 8^) with the others in the tub. This is another reason why you should spend time thoroughly researching the variety of hot tubs available.

5. FYI, I spent several months researching spas, visiting forums, and wet testing the specific models that I seriously considered to buy. For me, it meant that in some instances, I had to travel hundreds of miles (one way) to wet test the exact model I was interested in. The time and effort was worth it. I found a hot tub that suited my particulars needs and wants at a good price. I have confidence in the manufacturer, the dealer and the product warranty. But I made my decision by testing and comparing half a dozen different tub manufacturers. BTW, for purposes of full disclosure, I own a 2009 Sundance Optima.

What's important is that you're happy with the hot tub you buy. You're going to have the hot tub for many years. You should be comfortable with your hot tub in all ways... physically, financially, emotionally, and psychologically (no "buyer's remorse"). I don't think you can achieve all of those, if any, by relying solely on the words of a traveling salesman.

Good luck with your decision-making.

gman

Thats great that you read the article. it seems to me the article worked.Have you ever sold anything different then Master, I sell D1 also work with others and have sold others in past. it is neither here nor there on how they are gone, but we all have an opinion on this site. so thats cool. i am hopeful that consumers research this site and see all from regulars and newbies. thanks for your input.

Thats great that you read the article. it seems to me the article worked.Have you ever sold anything different then Master, I sell D1 also work with others and have sold others in past. it is neither here nor there on how they are gone, but we all have an opinion on this site. so thats cool. i am hopeful that consumers research this site and see all from regulars and newbies. thanks for your input.

What do you mean the article worked?

Did they start making Urinals or Horse Trailers???

How did that spaberry tub do?

I heard about it, but haven't seen many.

I have worked on and sold Master, Sundance, D1, Coleman, Jacuzzi, Cal, Hot Springs,Emerald

Caldera, LA , Marquis, Free Flow, Nordic, Viking, Maax and others over the past 30+ years...

We all have opinions...but facts are facts...

Consumers can get facts on most spa manufactures websites...

or on the dvd's that they play on their websites...

Manufactures won't make false statements for fear of being sued...

unlike salespeople or service people only pushing one brand.

I joined this forum after this web search. (I have been given a Master Spas product that has no significant value or warranty and can relate to the information and feelings possessed.) I am not complaining. I am not accusing. I do not have an accusatory attitude only facts and concerns.

Master Spas mercenary sales representative contracted for the weekend event and paid on commission did not give accurate, true, real and unbiased information as assumed. "Factory or Dealer Reps" information about the product construction, product value etc. Information given for the potential transaction was not true. The potential sales contract was signed with concealment and no full disclosure.

For two months I have been dealing with distractions rather than the main issue. I have intentional or unintentional consequences of incurring payments for invalid charges on my charge account(for a less than expected Master Spas product delivered with incident to my home. My request for removal of the defective and damaged product has been to no avail. My request for removal of the invalid charge to my charge account has been to no avail.

I have been persuaded to be patient by Master Spas dealership in my efforts to seek correction of issues for resolve and closure. (It is not clear to me who is responsible for authorizing removal of the defective and damaged upon delivery Master Spas product from my property and who is responsible for removing the invalid charge from my account.)

Falsification claims and poor after service support could have merit. I was not given true product construction information or true product value information. An inferior Master Spas product was delivered to with no legitimate warranty. This is a first experience with this potential new sales transaction and investment. (I atended the weekend event in Ladson-Charleston, SC and did not know anything about the specifics of Master Spas. I did not know anything about the Master Spas traveling sales "Factory or Dealer Rep" or protocol.

Had this potential sales transaction and potential charge been “unintentional” or well intended, I would not have brought this to the forum. If hopeful, I will be able to clear the charge on my account with the dealership, and enter into a valid transaction for a New Master Spas product with another dealership.

Thank you for your suggestions and recommendations.

:huh:

What do you mean the article worked? you read it did't you!!!Did they start making Urinals or Horse Trailers??? nope,,,but it shows they can be diserfiedHow did that spaberry tub do? it was made for Canada, it is now available in U.SI heard about it, but haven't seen many.

I have worked on and sold Master, Sundance, D1, Coleman, Jacuzzi, Cal, Hot Springs,Emerald

Caldera, LA , Marquis, Free Flow, Nordic, Viking, Maax and others over the past 30+ years...

How come so many brands

We all have opinions...but facts are facts...i have given facts, not one sided

Consumers can get facts on most spa manufactures websites...

or on the dvd's that they play on their websites...

Manufactures won't make false statements for fear of being sued...

unlike salespeople or service people only pushing one brand. [color :rolleyes: ="#FF00FF]so why are you pushing your brand so hard, who has the agenda? your list of spas is a fairly good list, You now sell Master how long ago did you sell the others. and why do you like it so much better. i am not into bashing anyone on the site, i did not push and push my brand . not quite understanbing were you are coming from. You just showed up and pushing... as for visiting factories, and i will have to say that D1's has been one of the cleanest and well run i have seen . i am proud to sell there line of spas.have a great day.[/color]

Hey G Man...

It's Cali Girl...Not Call Girl !!

Perhaps you have the wrong forum lol

I think everyone buys things differently. Shopping for a spa is supposed to be fun, at least it is for most people I think. Giving someone a "homework" assignment doesnt sound like the kind of thing most people want to do. Also, a lot of people may not feel comfortable getting in a hot tub at a store. Giving someone nightmares about which hot tub to buy is defeating the purpose of buying a spa to begin with...relaxing, enjoying yourself and your family, just feeling better, therapy...It's supposed to be fun, remember???

Perhaps some people DO want to make spa shopping their life purpose. Those people are more than welcome to drive 100s of miles to sit in a hot tub. Perhaps they will never even buy a hot tub because they are afraid to make the wrong decision. Different strokes for different folks.

To "factual and concerned" why dont you give me the serial number of your spa and I will call the factory on your behalf. Your convoluted short story seemed more like a key-word loaded attempt to help your search engine results.

The scare tactics on this forum borderline on the absurd, and threatens the credibility of the site as a whole.