Advice Needed On Spa Purchase

USNGRL

Hello all,

I am in need of some advice. I would like to say that I have been trying to do my "homework" on finding both a quality hot tub, and a good price. I have narrowed my search down to a Caldera Tahitian Spa. I was quoted $10,500.00. (suburban NY) Tub, delivery (the store is less than 3 miles away), steps and cover. How does this pricing mark sound? Input is greatly appreciated.

usngrl

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

USNGRL

I can't tell you if it is a good price. but just curious. you said you did homework what were the brands you looked at and narrowing down to the Caldera. I am not trying to talk you out of it. just would like to know how and what.....thanks enjoy the search

The Spa Guy,

I have a few local dealers in the area. One has "Master Spas", and the sub company models. BTW, over the top on pricing. Another has the Sundance, MAAX (Coleman), to be honest, by the time the traveling salesman was done, I was confused as to who really made the spa. (but to be sure, in order to get a GREAT deal, I had to purchase it that weekend, as he was on a flight back to South Carolina the next morning. I couldn't take the pressure, so I left. And lastly the Caldera, Hot Springs dealer. I did like the Tahitian, but he priced me out. Said that they offer some good financing products. Problem is...I have a budget i want to stick to.

IMO I can wait. I'll just save up some more cash, till I'm ready. On the other hand, I just don't want to be ripped off either.

Thanks,

USNGRL

USNGRL

I can't tell you if it is a good price. but just curious. you said you did homework what were the brands you looked at and narrowing down to the Caldera. I am not trying to talk you out of it. just would like to know how and what.....thanks enjoy the search

The Spa Guy,

I have a few local dealers in the area. One has "Master Spas", and the sub company models. BTW, over the top on pricing. Another has the Sundance, MAAX (Coleman), to be honest, by the time the traveling salesman was done, I was confused as to who really made the spa. (but to be sure, in order to get a GREAT deal, I had to purchase it that weekend, as he was on a flight back to South Carolina the next morning. I couldn't take the pressure, so I left. And lastly the Caldera, Hot Springs dealer. I did like the Tahitian, but he priced me out. Said that they offer some good financing products. Problem is...I have a budget i want to stick to.

IMO I can wait. I'll just save up some more cash, till I'm ready. On the other hand, I just don't want to be ripped off either.

Thanks,

USNGRL

The Spa Guy,

Thanks,

USNGRL

Take your time and let them know that you're waiting for the right deal. Caldera and Sundance are good choices, Maxx is pretty decent too. I'd personally avoid Master, there are far better choices out there than them IMO even if those first 3 fall through for you.

Caldera and Master are nice tubs...Check Hot Tub Broker.com to see pricing

What a SHAMELESS scam that site is. It tries to make it look like its some independent site with information when its just a Master site in sheeps clothing designed to dupe people.

You only want the poster to check that site out as its lies about pricing. It makes the Caldera seem overpriced while the Master spa will seem underpriced based on those prices but they are TOTALLY inaccurate.

After seeing that site I wonder how you guys sleep at night?!

What a SHAMELESS scam that site is. It tries to make it look like its some independent site with information when its just a Master site in sheeps clothing designed to dupe people.

I'm curious as to which brand/s you might sell or service?

Oh ho hoooooo! Check out the "Ratings" page below:

Hot Tub Broker Ratings

'79 SpaTech, if you're associated with this group, you have less than ZERO credibility!

Sherlock Term

Wow, look at one of the biggest scams on that page, the top Ratings table.

The prices they list for Grandee $6k, Maxxus $8k and Sarena Bay $7k are all about HALF of what those spas sell for. The idea is people will see these prices and get quotes on these models at a dealer and compare them only to be freaked out and think the dealer quotes are WAY high.

Now look at the pries listed for Master at $12-20k for their LSX spas along with their secondary brands Down East $8-17k, Twilight at $8-11k and Legacy $8-10k. Those prices are all EXTREMELY HIGH. This way when they go to a Master spa show or one of their actual dealers the quotes people get there will seem amazingly low compared to what this BS site says.

TOTAL DECEPTION!

THAT SITE IS AS BIG OF A SCAM AS THE MASTER SHOWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ya gotta love the internets...I think it's here to stay.

Term

What a joke Master, LOL. Listing themselves #1 in every category??? That's funny. Reminds me of the kid that cheats and gets every question right on the test when he clearly is a little bit slower than the other kids. You have to miss at least one or two so it doesn't look suspicious!! LOL

SpaTech1979 - Those are some great prices. Can you help me get a D1 Sarena Bay for $7,000 through Hot tub Brokers.com? It looks like the average price paid is a lttile more ($7,126) but as an informed consumer I shold be able to do a little better. If it comes down to it I wouldn't complain about paying the average price but i would like to start lower. It is great to finally find a seller that handles so many different lines. I like their Sundance prices too. I was interested in the Optima but thoght it was out of my price range. It is great that I can actually get the Sarena bay for less through Hottubbrokers .com!

Yeh spatechsince?, can you get me a Sarena Bay for that price, i can make a kiliing on reselling them since you sell them for way less then my cost? i cannot wait to hear back from you. i am glad you jumped on this thread from the other about the hottubbroker. that is hilarious, all you can do..... Term it is nice to see he woke up the sleeping giant on here....

Term it is nice to see he woke up the sleeping giant on here....

Thank you kindly, to be sure. The world is full of good folks with good intentions towards their fellow man. Con men, rip off artists, and flim flammers have no place in a decent society. To quote Edmund Burke "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." One of the greatest statements ever made, and never more salient than in the modern age.

Cheers to all who seek to protect their fellow man from the predation of deceivers.

Term (Waxing Philosophically and with a dose or two of Shiner Bock)

Riviera spas looks like they are an offshoot of Master Spas, when you look at the pictures the blonde is the same one in all the Master pictures, it shows the are in Maryland, If you look at the warranty sheet the address is in Fort Wayne Indiana. The same as Master. also the warranty on these is very short i think i read the electrical is 1 year. the site it give specs, some of the spa models pretty neat but some look like your are sitting flat against the wall> this is what is saw just being on there site for a couple of minutes.......

Riviera spas looks like they are an offshoot of Master Spas, when you look at the pictures the blonde is the same one in all the Master pictures, it shows the are in Maryland, If you look at the warranty sheet the address is in Fort Wayne Indiana. The same as Master. also the warranty on these is very short i think i read the electrical is 1 year. the site it give specs, some of the spa models pretty neat but some look like your are sitting flat against the wall> this is what is saw just being on there site for a couple of minutes.......

Yup, same Fort Wayne, Ind address as Master in the warranty section. I wonder what's up with the Maryland address you see on the main page? Did they buy a small spa maker there or is this yet another Master trick?

I wonder if Brian1973 is just SpaTechSince1776 in disguise (both usernames were started within 2 days of each other)?!

At least he didn't suggest that hot tub broker web scam he was touting a couple days ago.

It even says in the warranty: "The original retail purchaser must send in a completed warranty registration card to Riviera Spas or register online at www.masterspas.com within ten (10) days of the date of original installation."

Down at the bottom it says "Riviera Spas are manufactured by Master Spas, Inc"

Term