Installing Terracotta Coping Tiles To A Fiberglass Pool

kelly123

I have terracotta coping tiles that I want to lay on my fiberglass pool. The fiberglass pool has a 1 meter boarder of concrete that was also layed under the fiberglass coping to help stop flexing. I was told to use a polyurethane adhesive/sealant to stick the copers down. Should I use the polyurethane on the entire coper even though the fiberglass section is only 10cm (4") wide? or can I apply the polyurethane to the first 10cm and then the rest in a normal flexable sand and cement type tile adhesive. using only the polyurethane would work out quite expensive as each tube is over $10 and I would need a tube per 30cm x 30cm tile. Any advise would be greatly appreciated, I am in Sydney Australia and am struggling to get information.

I have terracotta coping tiles that I want to lay on my fiberglass pool. The fiberglass pool has a 1 meter boarder of concrete that was also layed under the fiberglass coping to help stop flexing. I was told to use a polyurethane adhesive/sealant to stick the copers down. Should I use the polyurethane on the entire coper even though the fiberglass section is only 10cm (4") wide? or can I apply the polyurethane to the first 10cm and then the rest in a normal flexable sand and cement type tile adhesive. using only the polyurethane would work out quite expensive as each tube is over $10 and I would need a tube per 30cm x 30cm tile. Any advise would be greatly appreciated, I am in Sydney Australia and am struggling to get information.

The structural intregity will come from using a cement product (Thinset) to bond the coping to the cement deck. You can use a product that is 100% silicone rubber to attach the copers to the pool lip. After you have completed the job, use the 100% silicone product to seal the crack between the copers and the pool lip.