Leak Under Pool Deck - Diy?

A reputable leak detection company in Houston identified a leak coming off of one of my blowers. Unfortunately the leak is under the pea gravel pool deck. The quote for the repair was over $1k so I'm considering fixing it myself. I'm fairly handy and can easily fix the leak if I can just get to the pvc pipes. Has anyone handled this type of repair and would you do it again if you had to? Any advice would be appreciated.

Yes, the leak detection company marked the location of the leak by placing red tape in the form of an X on the pool deck. Apparently its where the line coming off of one of my blowers makes a 90 degree turn. I can definitely fix the leak and then repair the pool deck without a problem. I'm not sure what tool I would use to break through the concrete and I'm not sure if the plaster around the blower needs to be chipped out and repaired.

well, I'd probably rent a concrete saw to open up the area over the leak. If you use a jack hammer or sledge, you find a leak there even if there wasn't one in the first place.

drain the pool down below the nozzle, then use your pool vacuum to draw up the water to the skimmer to see if its fixed or not before repouring the concrete. you may have to run a garden hose into the skimmer to keep it suction while the water level is low. I used this method to drain my pool for the winter, and it had no problem drawing water up over a foot below the skimmer.

Breaking into a slab or pool deck, without positive confirmation of a leak location, is unacceptable. Don't try to dismantle your pool just to fix the leaks. Fixing a slab leak requires a thorough process with technical expertise, as well as experience.

A reputable leak detection company in Houston identified a leak coming off of one of my blowers. Unfortunately the leak is under the pea gravel pool deck.

Yes, the leak detection company marked the location of the leak by placing red tape in the form of an X on the pool deck. Apparently its where the line coming off of one of my blowers makes a 90 degree turn. I can definitely fix the leak and then repair the pool deck without a problem.

icreatepools4u, sounds like the OP not only knows exactly where the leak is located but also feels they have the knowledge to repair it himself.

Breaking into a slab or pool deck, without positive confirmation of a leak location, is unacceptable. Don’t try to dismantle your pool just to fix the leaks. Fixing a slab leak requires a thorough process with technical expertise, as well as experience.

Did you even read this thread?

• 1 year later...

However, there are times when larger repairs can take up to a day or more to complete. Depending on the circumstances, major repairs, such as water features or certain plumbing lines, may be referred back to the pool builder for repairs. We take our repair services seriously, and make every effort to ensure you are satisfied with the workmanship of the repair.

Before a leak detection or repair is performed, please make sure the water is clean, clear and pool level is full.

Pool deck Beverly, Pool deck Middleton

Exactly, couldn't agree more.

http://www.cmrelectrical.com/water-leak-detection.htm

Now kindly take your traveling advertisement show down the road...

• 5 years later...

Breaking into a slab or pool deck, without positive confirmation of a leak location, is unacceptable. Don’t try to dismantle your pool just to fix the leaks. Fixing a slab leak requires a thorough process with technical expertise, as well as experience.

But it is mentioned there that expertise have checked and marked the pool . Then it's done to do the Leak Repair by own.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...