Key West Evolution From Costco

Hello all, New guy here.

Looking at the Key West Evolution from Costco that is on sale right now. Was going to go with the CSXI80, but thought the sale ended Monday and missed out on it. Anyway, I'm looking for reviews on the Key West. Is it a quite tub or are the pumps loud? Are there any lights and are they multi-color? Will just one pump with turbo be enough for the 60 jets?

Any feedback is appreciated.

I'm looking at pulling the trigger on it today.

Thanks.

I am not a big fan of the Costcos tubs ,, i think they are better to be bought at a dealership were you have support, example delivery, orientation, chemical maintenance, down the road service questions and repair, i would go look at the local dealers in your area, and ask them the same questions,,, The tubs they sell there are not your high end like, D1,Sundance,HotSprings, Jacuzzi, Marquis,,, i would check these out first then if you still like the Costco tub go with it....just my opinion..

Hi Griz.... there are a couple of longer threads on the Costco spas... the latest is "how is your Evolution.... " a few topics down.. and a LONG one a page or 2 ago... its very polarized.. i'm went with the smaller version that costco is no longer carrying.. the Palm... I've had it a month or so now, and love it... yes, the jets are not strong with only one pump, but for me, it was fine. For the price, i found it a very good purchase... I used a spa repair guy to move it in place.. he said he felt the construction was top notch.. and a great value..

One advantage, i had an old, horribly built spa from Costco that was 2 years old.. i took it back.. got a full refund in minutes. Yes, a pain to do this, but what a great warranty against getting something you dont like. Ask any local dealer if you can return the spa for full credit down the road? to me, that was worth not getting a "wet test".. and sacrificing a few features.

You will see Strong has a excellent track record of supporting their products both on here, and over the phone... I have had D1 and HotSprings in the past... all were great.. all had some problems over the years.

IMHO, I was willing to sacrifice some local service for the several thousand dollars of what i thought was comparable locally... I spent about $150 to get mine moved in place by a qualified spa mover...

good luck!

I am not a big fan of the Costcos tubs ,, i think they are better to be bought at a dealership were you have support, example delivery, orientation, chemical maintenance, down the road service questions and repair, i would go look at the local dealers in your area, and ask them the same questions,,, The tubs they sell there are not your high end like, D1,Sundance,HotSprings, Jacuzzi, Marquis,,, i would check these out first then if you still like the Costco tub go with it....just my opinion..

I've checked out the local guys and I just don't have $10k to spend on a tub. $5k is more like it and you get the good old fashioned Costco return policy.

Hi Griz.... there are a couple of longer threads on the Costco spas... the latest is "how is your Evolution.... " a few topics down.. and a LONG one a page or 2 ago... its very polarized.. i'm went with the smaller version that costco is no longer carrying.. the Palm... I've had it a month or so now, and love it... yes, the jets are not strong with only one pump, but for me, it was fine. For the price, i found it a very good purchase... I used a spa repair guy to move it in place.. he said he felt the construction was top notch.. and a great value..

One advantage, i had an old, horribly built spa from Costco that was 2 years old.. i took it back.. got a full refund in minutes. Yes, a pain to do this, but what a great warranty against getting something you dont like. Ask any local dealer if you can return the spa for full credit down the road? to me, that was worth not getting a "wet test".. and sacrificing a few features.

You will see Strong has a excellent track record of supporting their products both on here, and over the phone... I have had D1 and HotSprings in the past... all were great.. all had some problems over the years.

IMHO, I was willing to sacrifice some local service for the several thousand dollars of what i thought was comparable locally... I spent about $150 to get mine moved in place by a qualified spa mover...

good luck!

Thanks Rick. I feel the exact same way. $10k for a Hot Springs is just too much money. Plus for $10k I can buy two tubs from Costco.

I see the reviews on the CSXI80 are very good, but I can't find anything on the Key West. I assume it is a new tub they have come out with.

Thanks Rick. I feel the exact same way. $10k for a Hot Springs is just too much money. Plus for $10k I can buy two tubs from Costco.

I see the reviews on the CSXI80 are very good, but I can't find anything on the Key West. I assume it is a new tub they have come out with.

Who says you need to get a $10k spa? Hot Springs and other top spa makers have many spas under $10k. For instance, I'd get a Hot Spring Relay long before I'd get a Strong spa and the Relay is about $5k, comes from a local dealer, delivered to your yard, set up where you want it and comes with local service (there are right in your town with a trained technician who knows the product when you need them as opposed to just having someone on an internet forum who you can post a question to) and its from a spa maker with many years of experience making a good product.

Who says you need to get a $10k spa? Hot Springs and other top spa makers have many spas under $10k. For instance, I'd get a Hot Spring Relay long before I'd get a Strong spa and the Relay is about $5k, comes from a local dealer, delivered to your yard, set up where you want it and comes with local service (there are right in your town with a trained technician who knows the product when you need them as opposed to just having someone on an internet forum who you can post a question to) and its from a spa maker with many years of experience making a good product.

I'll have to look into the relay. The cheapest Hot Springs tub my local dealer had was $7500. That's of course without going to a 3 1/2 person tub. I want to have at least 5 man tub.

.. i just looked at the Costco site.... the Key West looks like the Palm Beach i have, except they have added an additional pump.. oh well, i should have waited wacko.gif

I would say with that addition, its a great spa... glad i'm not wild about powerful jets, so i'm NOT going to take this one back to Costco for an exchange rolleyes.gif

I do agree with Spatech, there is definably a value to have a local deal set up, and be around to answer questions... that is a value judge you will have to make. I'm a fairly handy person, so I had no problem with setting up my tub, and could change a minor part if needed.. BUT.. from what i understand, Strong does contract with local techs for onsite service...

You may want to contact Strong directly to ask how they handle service calls... I would ask for Chad, as he is a member of this forum, and the Tech manager there....

http://strongpoolsandspas.com/ .. their cust service number is on there somewhere

.. i just looked at the Costco site.... the Key West looks like the Palm Beach i have, except they have added an additional pump.. oh well, i should have waited wacko.gif

I would say with that addition, its a great spa... glad i'm not wild about powerful jets, so i'm NOT going to take this one back to Costco for an exchange rolleyes.gif

I do agree with Spatech, there is definably a value to have a local deal set up, and be around to answer questions... that is a value judge you will have to make. I'm a fairly handy person, so I had no problem with setting up my tub, and could change a minor part if needed.. BUT.. from what i understand, Strong does contract with local techs for onsite service...

You may want to contact Strong directly to ask how they handle service calls... I would ask for Chad, as he is a member of this forum, and the Tech manager there....

http://strongpoolsandspas.com/ .. their cust service number is on there somewhere

And the pump on your tub is not noisy?