Parking A Tub For A Few Months

Boonzer

The Arctic spa dealer in Halifax is pushing peroxysan... my first try resulted in 3 months of trouble free water....mind you my usage isn't that high, and I was putting in 1/2 litre twice a week.... I missed one of these applications and my water went tits up in 48 hours....stinky and cloudy.... I have since drained and waiting on the refill... we have a baby due soon so I'm not sure if I'll fill right away as there will be probably a 2 week absence during the baby.... if no one does the chemicals the tub will be rotten again....

So here's my questions.... what's the best way to store or park a spa for summer..... and 2)the dealer not only suggested peroxysan but suggested a table spoon of chlorine shock every week....you chemical guys do you see any troubles with this?

Thanks

chill'n on the coast

B)

The Arctic spa dealer in Halifax is pushing peroxysan... my first try resulted in 3 months of trouble free water....mind you my usage isn't that high, and I was putting in 1/2 litre twice a week.... I missed one of these applications and my water went tits up in 48 hours....stinky and cloudy.... I have since drained and waiting on the refill... we have a baby due soon so I'm not sure if I'll fill right away as there will be probably a 2 week absence during the baby.... if no one does the chemicals the tub will be rotten again....

So here's my questions.... what's the best way to store or park a spa for summer..... and 2)the dealer not only suggested peroxysan but suggested a table spoon of chlorine shock every week....you chemical guys do you see any troubles with this?

Thanks

chill'n on the coast

B)

I would just drain it and be done with it. When you have the time to fill it, you'll also once again have the time to actually use it!! A new baby will take up a lot of your time for the next little bit. Congrats!!

• 2 weeks later...

2)the dealer not only suggested peroxysan but suggested a table spoon of chlorine shock every week....you chemical guys do you see any troubles with this?

There are problems with this. They neutralize each other. I learned this the hard way by pouring chlorine into my tub to 'shock' it. It just screwed everything up. I'll let the chem pro's explain in greater detail if they feel like it. I don't know how much of each it takes to neutralize the other.

Good luck with the wee one.