Disconnect Ozone Injector - Hotsprings Jetsetter J

I have a 2006 Hotsprings Jetsetter J and I would like to disconnect the ozone injector. Any idea how I can do that without damaging the hot tub? Thanks in advance for your help.

The ozonator just unplugs from the bottom of the IQ control box in the motor compartment. The injector is installed in the 3/4" plumbing lines however and you will still get air coming up from the bottom unless you take it out or crimp off the air intake line. You will not damage anything if you do any of these things.

Are you wanting to disconnect the Ozone System completely? Or is it causing a problem of some kind?

If you just want to remove "ozone" from the water, you can do as Dan suggested, by simply unplugging the power to the FreshWater III Ozone system. You'll still get bubbles, but no more ozone production. If it's the bubbles that are bugging you, the real way to do it would be to completely remove the 3/4" vinyl tubing that runs from the heater back into the spa return plumbing. In the middle of this is the Ozone Injector. Replace all that with a single long piece of 3/4" vinyl tubing from the heater to the return plumbing. Doing it this way completely removes the injection point, instead of relying on a crimp/clamp to simply stop airflow.

Depending on what issues you may be having, a 2006 Jetsetter (assuming you're the original purchaser/owner) would still be under it's mechanical 5 year warranty (though ozone is 1 year).

I'd be curious to see why you want to remove the Ozone though. :) It's very beneficial.

Are you wanting to disconnect the Ozone System completely? Or is it causing a problem of some kind?

If you just want to remove "ozone" from the water, you can do as Dan suggested, by simply unplugging the power to the FreshWater III Ozone system. You'll still get bubbles, but no more ozone production. If it's the bubbles that are bugging you, the real way to do it would be to completely remove the 3/4" vinyl tubing that runs from the heater back into the spa return plumbing. In the middle of this is the Ozone Injector. Replace all that with a single long piece of 3/4" vinyl tubing from the heater to the return plumbing. Doing it this way completely removes the injection point, instead of relying on a crimp/clamp to simply stop airflow.

Depending on what issues you may be having, a 2006 Jetsetter (assuming you're the original purchaser/owner) would still be under it's mechanical 5 year warranty (though ozone is 1 year).

I'd be curious to see why you want to remove the Ozone though. :) It's very beneficial.

I have a 2006 Hotsprings Jetsetter J and I would like to disconnect the ozone injector. Any idea how I can do that without damaging the hot tub? Thanks in advance for your help.

The ozonator just unplugs from the bottom of the IQ control box in the motor compartment. The injector is installed in the 3/4" plumbing lines however and you will still get air coming up from the bottom unless you take it out or crimp off the air intake line. You will not damage anything if you do any of these things.

It appears that there has been no ozone injector installed in my Jetsetter J. Although the manual shows it, in my equipment cabinet, the output hose from the he heater has an instruction sticker on it saying that the unit is pre-plumbed for an ozone injector, and to install, cut the tube as indicted-- no ozone injector, just installation instructions. Am I missing something, or did this unit get shipped without an ozone system? The original owner bought this unit from the showroom as a floor model. Again, thanks in advance for your help with this!

It appears that there has been no ozone injector installed in my Jetsetter J. Although the manual shows it, in my equipment cabinet, the output hose from the he heater has an instruction sticker on it saying that the unit is pre-plumbed for an ozone injector, and to install, cut the tube as indicted-- no ozone injector, just installation instructions. Am I missing something, or did this unit get shipped without an ozone system? The original owner bought this unit from the showroom as a floor model. Again, thanks in advance for your help with this!

I know Ozone is now standard on Hot Springs but there was a time when ozone was an optional item that could be installed in them and since you say this is a 2006 then maybe it wasn't standard then and the option wasn't taken. Since this thread all along was about how to disconnect it then you'e egot no problem as it was never installed.