Hydrogen Peroxide Fill

TomC

Hi,

In an attempt to ease my eczema we have just switched over to Hydrogen Peroxide.

We have diligently been reading the posts on here about using Hydrogen Peroxide but we are a bit confused on the filter maintenance impacts. For example, we noticed something about TPS to clean the filters. What is TPS? Plus, is it written anywhere on how or how often to clean the filters. Is there anything else we should be on gaurd for when using HP?

Thanks in Advance...Tom

Cramp,

I gather you just leave it in the soaking soltuion until it is time to pop it back into the tub (or do you soak it for a few hours, remove it, and let it sit until you are ready to swith it)? Do you do the TPS step? If so, where can I find this TPS stuff?

Oh yeah, I gather that you have to add new cleaning solution each time you clean a filter, or can you just keep using the same solution over and over?

Thanks Again...Tom

Hey Cramp,

Do you happen to have a name for the solution you clean the filter with? Plus, do you just soak it in a bucket?

The reason that I ask is because I have received a recommendation to soak the filters in a Hydrogen Peroxide/water bath. HP tends to be expensive though, and since it is expensive, I was thinking I might need a special vessel to house the solution (which I can buy).

The HP solution so far has been great. The last step is to figure out how to clean the filters so any light you can shed on it would be greatly apprecaited.

Thanks in Advance...Tom

• 2 weeks later...

I've tried TPS once, but didn't really notice any difference. Maybe I didn't use enough. I find that the hose blasts 90% of the crud out of the filter.

Like Peteyboy, I rotate 2 filters. I don't just soak it overnight though. I have one in the tub and one in the 2:1 solution. When I need to change, I swap them. I have a 3rd filter and am tempted to try the idea of having one in the tub, one in the solution and one dried out waiting to go in the tub.

HP is def expensive and I hate it when I have to change the 2:1 solution. Typically when I take a filter out, the water level lowers a bit. I just top it off with HP. You have to change it eventually though.

My 'bucket' is a cardboard tube with a plastic bag in it. I couldn't find a container tall enough to submerge the whole filter in unless the container was really wide. That would have taken a whole jug of HP. Not happening. My dealer was supposed to be having a custom container made. Never heard back.

• 12 years later...