Manufacture

Hello all,

We are currently looking into installing a fiberglass pool and have the tough decision on what manufacture to choose from. We have to talked to 3 different installers and each buy from a different manufacture, San Juan, Viking and Trilogy. Right now we are leaning towards Viking becuase of the better warrenty but beside that we"re really not sure on the difference of the 3 if any. So any input or help would be great from everyone.

Thanks,

Jerry

I have a San Juan pool and it's great. This is my third year. The tiles are deteriorating due to the tile supplier error. San Juan has changed suppliers, but will not partisipate in replacemnet cost of $1,600.

I would go with San Juan or Viking, I am not familiar with the third manufacturer. HOWEVER, the installer is critical. A bad installer will provide many headaches.

We searched and found what we thought was a great installer.....and he was. Artistic pools, Phil, PA area.

• 3 weeks later...

I am doing same as you at the moment...due diligence is essential...installer pick is very important...just as important is manufacturer - check them out thoroughly...

I have been very happy with my San Juan for the past 6 years. However, be very careful about the installer. San Juan takes no responsiblity for the installers, even when they list them on their site and they are they only installer for a particular market. The one who did my pool (and lost his license) had about 20 lawsuits and criminal charges filed against him. I was one of the lucky ones since I only had minor problems to repair after he was done.

I am doing same as you at the moment...due diligence is essential...installer pick is very important...just as important is manufacturer - check them out thoroughly...

Trilogy also makes a very good pool. I agree with the info about the installer. The most important decision will be "Who installs the pool".

After several weeks of research, decided on Sun Fiberglass Pools...Const starts up in two weeks...

• 3 months later...

I know most of these guys out there make a good pool, but the installation is a key point in making sure this goes right. I would suggest Water World Fiberglass Pools out of New Jersey. They make a great pool, but are the manufacturer and also install the pool direct, which makes for a good experience. Good luck

Hello all,

We are currently looking into installing a fiberglass pool and have the tough decision on what manufacture to choose from. We have to talked to 3 different installers and each buy from a different manufacture, San Juan, Viking and Trilogy. Right now we are leaning towards Viking becuase of the better warrenty but beside that we"re really not sure on the difference of the 3 if any. So any input or help would be great from everyone.

Thanks,

Jerry

I know they sell direct to homeowner both DYI and turn keys, I talked to the service guy Mike the other day about closing my pool, he said they were doing turn key in more states in North East so you would need to contact them to be totally sure. Call and talk to Don the owner, his son Al or Mike the services manager be my best suggestion. Good luck

I heard Water World is the only manufacturer that will sell directly to homeowners? Is this true? Is it true they also do turn key installations? If so what about in Rhode Island? Any suggestions?