Thermospas Buyer Beware/ Terrible Product And Customer Service

We've had a Concorde Deluxe ThermoSpa since 2003. I have to say thet the spa has relieved my chronic pain, which is the reason for the purchase. There has not been any major problems with any parts or with getting it serviced. The *** thing cost me enough so I guess I have been lucky. If any of you have any experience with a woman in pain you'll know that she can be lethal, so perhaps Thermospa are the lucky ones!

I agree that the hard sell was ridiculous but I was too impatient to do further homework so I splurged.

The staff sounds pretty young on the phone but the service guy was really knowledgeable, local (Westchester) and arrived quickly and worked quickly the few times he was here. Again, I haven't had problems with the functioning of the spa. BUT, when I started feeling my skin become irritated I called them to discuss alternative water treatment. This phone call was not treated respectfully. I was warned not to change water treatment methods or I would forfeit the warrantee and ruin the water pumps...that the spa was designed to use only their chemicals. No other direction or support was offered.

No matter what post-tub skin care I employed, I was unhappy with this and perplexed. I emptied the spa. It is now disconnected and we moved it due to construction. Now we want to set it up again, so today, I sent an email to Matt at ThermoSpa (who replied to the thread). I will post EXACTLY what transpires between the company and this spa owner. Hopefully, ThermoSpa sees this as an opportunity to redeem their reputation on this site.

Any and all replies and recommendations from you all would be appreciated.

Hi jayclaudia, I forwarded on your response to one of our senior representatives (cc'd you on it as well). I know it was probably a while ago when someone talked to you about your hot tub; but do you happen to remember the representative? I will personally follow up with this response later today.

"Hopefully, ThermoSpa sees this as an opportunity to redeem their reputation." - I could not agree more. That is why I am trying to communicate wherever I can about our hot tubs, service, etc.

I'll keep you guys updated.

Matt

We've had a Concorde Deluxe ThermoSpa since 2003. I have to say thet the spa has relieved my chronic pain, which is the reason for the purchase. There has not been any major problems with any parts or with getting it serviced. The *** thing cost me enough so I guess I have been lucky. If any of you have any experience with a woman in pain you'll know that she can be lethal, so perhaps Thermospa are the lucky ones!

I agree that the hard sell was ridiculous but I was too impatient to do further homework so I splurged.

The staff sounds pretty young on the phone but the service guy was really knowledgeable, local (Westchester) and arrived quickly and worked quickly the few times he was here. Again, I haven't had problems with the functioning of the spa. BUT, when I started feeling my skin become irritated I called them to discuss alternative water treatment. This phone call was not treated respectfully. I was warned not to change water treatment methods or I would forfeit the warrantee and ruin the water pumps...that the spa was designed to use only their chemicals. No other direction or support was offered.

No matter what post-tub skin care I employed, I was unhappy with this and perplexed. I emptied the spa. It is now disconnected and we moved it due to construction. Now we want to set it up again, so today, I sent an email to Matt at ThermoSpa (who replied to the thread). I will post EXACTLY what transpires between the company and this spa owner. Hopefully, ThermoSpa sees this as an opportunity to redeem their reputation.

Hi jayclaudia, I forwarded on your response to one of our senior representatives (cc'd you on it as well). I know it was probably a while ago when someone talked to you about your hot tub; but do you happen to remember the representative? I will personally follow up with this response later today.

"Hopefully, ThermoSpa sees this as an opportunity to redeem their reputation." - I could not agree more. That is why I am trying to communicate wherever I can about our hot tubs, service, etc.

I'll keep you guys updated.

Matt

No matter what post-tub skin care I employed, I was unhappy with this and perplexed. I emptied the spa. It is now disconnected and we moved it due to construction. Now we want to set it up again, so today, I sent an email to Matt at ThermoSpa (who replied to the thread). I will post EXACTLY what transpires between the company and this spa owner. Hopefully, ThermoSpa sees this as an opportunity to redeem their reputation.

What about the "goodsamaritan" did you solve his issues?

BUT, when I started feeling my skin become irritated I called them to discuss alternative water treatment. This phone call was not treated respectfully. I was warned not to change water treatment methods or I would forfeit the warrantee and ruin the water pumps...that the spa was designed to use only their chemicals. No other direction or support was offered.

Thats total BS to try to keep you buying from them, sad. Find a local dealer who knows water chemistry and can help u out.

• 1 year later...

Second - every company has to deal with negative complaints and problems. I can't think of one company or service that everyone is 100% happy with. This is a business and things do happen.

Yeah, but the complaints people typically have is "I wish it had cupholders" and "The filters have to be cleaned a lot". I don't usually see "My brand new $11,000 spa doesn't work, and the company won't fix it."

According to the latest issue of Pool and Spa News Thermospas is now up for sale to pay off it's creditors.

No takers yet.

Doesn't surprise me. I've seen a couple of them on Craigslist around here, they all have either had problems with the shell or control panel.

Looking for a buyer basically means they have one foot in the bankruptcy grave and are looking for a bailout, something in this economy that is going to be really tough to come by.

According to the latest issue of Pool and Spa News Thermospas is now up for sale to pay off it's creditors.

No takers yet.

Doesn't surprise me. I've seen a couple of them on Craigslist around here, they all have either had problems with the shell or control panel.

Looking for a buyer basically means they have one foot in the bankruptcy grave and are looking for a bailout, something in this economy that is going to be really tough to come by.

Especially when the company doesn't have a good reputation, it would probably be better for someone to start a new company.

No takers yet.

Especially when the company doesn't have a good reputation, it would probably be better for someone to start a new company.

As a competitor I hope they keep the company and continue to build inferior, overpriced tubs. Someone else could come in and turn them into a decent company without too much effort.

• 6 years later...

Update from original poster:

The $11,000 Thermospa I wrote about here went to the dump. It never worked and the Company gave me the run around without ever sending someone to repair it.

I later purchased a Joli model from Maax Spas and love it!!! Best spa I've ever been in for therapeutic purposes. 

Really appreciate all the support and information received from this blog and the members!!! You all rock!

Was grateful to know my efforts saved at least a few people from making the same mistake I did. 

• 2 years later...

I'm going to be a lone voice on here I guess, but in 2014 I bought a house with a 2007 Thermospas Trainer model and I really haven't had any issues with it.

I had to replace a water pump a couple of years ago and just now the circ pump went so that will need replacing but the thing is 13 years old and parts will go from time to time.

I have called Thermospas' service department several times and never had trouble getting one of their techs and getting a thorough explanation on whatever problem I presented them with.

I'm up in southeast WI and my local servicer is a father and son team who seem to know their business. I've never had to wait for more than a week for them to show up and they've always been here at the appointed day and time.

As for the woman who said that she was told by Thermospas that she must use their chemicals, all I can say is that she was handed a line of b.s. My model is four years newer but it is built with standard industry parts: Balboa, Aqua flow, Gecko, etc. I switched from bromine to chlorine a year ago and haven't had any issues.

My only complaint would be that the Trainer is way more spa than what I need. Keeping that beast heated is a real budget buster! Especially during a Wisconsin winter!!