Strong Spas - Evolution, Everlast, Celestial, Esprit, Strong Premium, And More!

Chad M

I'm 5'10 1/4" and I'm counting that 1/4 inch :lol: Anyway, I've got a long torso, like my head almost hits the ceiling in the my 4Runner, but I don't have to adjust the seat back when my wife drives as I've got short legs. Anyway, my torso would be like a 6'2" guy, and yes, the neck jets aren't that comfortable to me. I have them turned off and rarely sit in those two seats. I can fit there if I just slide myself forward a bit, but the jets were too loud anyway. I like to have the top half of my chest and arms above the water. It's all personal preference here and you do have other seats to choose from.

Having owned the CSxi80 for 17 months, I conceed Spatech has a point, but I'm happy with my purchase. And while it's not premium, in my opinion it's a quality spa.

DK117

Thanks, that may take it out of the running for me. I want to be comfortable in any seat, or at least be able to sit in any seat. I have tall friends too, so I don't like limiting it to who can sit where...

I'm not looking for top of the line and super therapy jets or anything like that. I just want something I can kick back in with a couple of friends and hang out. I'm guessing 90% of the time the jets will be on pretty low. Size and seating config are my big criteria.

Just about all spas, except those with simple bench seating, have the seats at various elevations. In the deeper seats, you sit a little more immersed (which I like) but the shallower seats are great when you get to feeling a bit overheated. But they're all usable.

Actually, the number one reason for considering the Costco one right now is after visiting all the local shops and going to the home show, if I have to talk to another spa salesman I'm going to shoot myself! I'd rather have a root canal then go back to all but one of them that we've met. No offense meant to any spa salesmen here, maybe I've just been unlucky and came across the worst of them?

WHere are you located? We just had our home show here in PA. Just wondering...

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone!

Just figured I'd start a general thread for any questions/comments/concerns about our spa company. We manufacture the spas sold through Costco (US/Canada), Sam's Club, Sears Canada, and BJ's Wholesale Club, and of course our pretty large dealer network. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask! I'm on as much as I can to help with anything you want to know about our spas. I am trying to keep this thread separate from "how's it doing" to "I want to know more". Either way I watch them all and will answer anywhere I'm needed.

Thanks for the support,

Chad

I realize that Evolution Spas sold at Costco (Cdn) are made by Strong, but could you confirm that the Evolution Centurion 110 (http://www.costco.ca/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=10347053&whse=BCCA&Ne=4000000&eCat=BCCA|111|4639|4640&N=4009317&Mo=8&pos=0&No=0&Nr=P_CatalogName:BCCA&cat=4640&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1〈=en-CA&Sp=C&ec=BCCA-EC11055-Cat4639&topnav=) is really just the Madrid Tub (http://www.strongspas.com/index.php/hot-tubs/madrid-hot-tub.html) with more jets? Based on pictures and descriptions they look exactly the same. I'm a bit confused as to why the booklet I have from local dealer (Cdn) has the Madrid showing 80 jets, while the Strong website shows 90 and then this Costco model shows 110. Are they really made exactly the same or are the internals on the Costco version inferior? One apparent difference from the description on Costco vs Strong is that the towel warmer on the Madrid is listed only as a towel holder on the Centurion.

Thanks,

Jason

I was confused by the model until i realized the link is for Costco Canada and they have different names. Prices are higher too.

I have the Magnum (90 jets) from Costco.com (USA). The Magnum is derived from the Madrid and the Centurion looks like it is too. The components, shell and enclosure are exactly the same. The difference is in the configuration (jets and air system), and warranty.

The Magnum and the Centurion have the vector air system. This is essentially a series of air only jets. In the Magnum, there are 15 of these meaning there are 70 jets fed by the two water pumps. We bought this model simply because we wanted two water pumps and a lounger. The air jets don't really add much for us. The Centurion has 17 air jets.

This vector air system is not to be confused with the air controls that inject air into the water jets. This increases the power of these jets substantially and come standard with all the Strong / Evolution spas. One complaint with the Evolution / strong spas is that the shoulder jets are on the weak side. I'm convinced this is because they are not connected to the air supplies which would improve their efficiency and power to match the other jets. I'm going to test this by reconfiguring one of the shoulder jets when the weather warms up.

• 2 weeks later...

I was confused by the model until i realized the link is for Costco Canada and they have different names. Prices are higher too.

I have the Magnum (90 jets) from Costco.com (USA). The Magnum is derived from the Madrid and the Centurion looks like it is too. The components, shell and enclosure are exactly the same. The difference is in the configuration (jets and air system), and warranty.

The Magnum and the Centurion have the vector air system. This is essentially a series of air only jets. In the Magnum, there are 15 of these meaning there are 70 jets fed by the two water pumps. We bought this model simply because we wanted two water pumps and a lounger. The air jets don't really add much for us. The Centurion has 17 air jets.

This vector air system is not to be confused with the air controls that inject air into the water jets. This increases the power of these jets substantially and come standard with all the Strong / Evolution spas. One complaint with the Evolution / strong spas is that the shoulder jets are on the weak side. I'm convinced this is because they are not connected to the air supplies which would improve their efficiency and power to match the other jets. I'm going to test this by reconfiguring one of the shoulder jets when the weather warms up.

Other than the comment about the shoulder jets, are you generally happy with the Magnum? You mention "... when the weather warms up.", so you were using it in colder temperatures, how were your electric bills?

Yes, I'm happy with our Magnum tub. But I'm not happy with our electricity use. Have been running around $100 more per month in the colder weather - Worcester, MA area - probably around 20 F average. Our electric rate is 16 cents per Kwh.

Our tub is used by a family of 4 (including two teenagers) and we still use the tub every day - sometimes more than one per day as we're in at different times. We also have an electric hot water heater and along with lots of soaking comes more showers (and my kids don't come out of the shower until the water runs cold). So I'm not sure how much of the increase is directly from the tub.

We also have an electric hot water heater and along with lots of soaking comes more showers (and my kids don't come out of the shower until the water runs cold). So I'm not sure how much of the increase is directly from the tub.

Growing up, we had a pool. We had a shower off of the sun room that had the BEST water pressure, so that was the shower of choice for after swims, and often just in general, for us kids. My dad got so sick and tired of us blowing through all of the hot water all the time that he actually replumbed the hot water supply to the shower so that he had more convenient access to the cutoff valve. he would take great pleasure in waiting for us to take longer than reasonable to shower, and then simply go switch off the hot water supply to the shower while we were in it.:)

• 2 months later...

I am so amazed on how everybody (well a lot of people) are just consumed by the fact that since Evolution Spas are sold by Costco, they have to be bad. They have to be junk. No way can they be as good. Impossible. Can it be that they don't like the fact that maybe the time has come where the dealer can't take advantage of the consumer to the highest degree? This has happened on all too many products. Good or bad, it is happening. I have read on multiple forums on how ACTUAL owners are very happy with their Evolution spa. They are made by Strong. Why don't you hear how Strong are junk? Only if they are private labeled....now they magically become inferior. Truth is, many Spas (high end) continue to ride the "history" wagon. I don't like Hot Spring, Sun-dance and others because there is NO WAY I would accept old technology and have a maintenance nightmare of a full foam Spa. Some advantages, but far out weighed with new technology. No need for a full foamed spa today. All main components are basically supplied by the same few manufacturers. And since that is a fact, Evolution offers a lifetime (more than Hot Springs or Sun dance) on the frame and a unmatched on the shell. Whats left? As far as customer support, Chad is the most reliable source either on the net or off. If you have a question he answers online or on the phone. All these Costco bashes (based on a poor history) will have to face the fact that Costco has a good line at a good price. It is true Costco has had a bad history, but the Evolution Spa has a 2-3 year history. All you give up from the Strong Spa line ( a good tub) is some Warranty. Yes they have some inferior models as reflected in the prices they offer, but tubs like the Centurion (6K) are far from cheap but I will put them against a high end 10K tub anytime. Same quality tub....PERIOD. I will soon be purchasing a Evolution tub, and I can tell you I have researched for a year. It is a no brainier IMO.

I am so amazed on how everybody (well a lot of people) are just consumed by the fact that since Evolution Spas are sold by Costco, they have to be bad. They have to be junk. No way can they be as good. Impossible. Can it be that they don't like the fact that maybe the time has come where the dealer can't take advantage of the consumer to the highest degree? This has happened on all too many products. Good or bad, it is happening. I have read on multiple forums on how ACTUAL owners are very happy with their Evolution spa. They are made by Strong. Why don't you hear how Strong are junk? Only if they are private labeled....now they magically become inferior. Truth is, many Spas (high end) continue to ride the "history" wagon. I don't like Hot Spring, Sun-dance and others because there is NO WAY I would accept old technology and have a maintenance nightmare of a full foam Spa. Some advantages, but far out weighed with new technology. No need for a full foamed spa today. All main components are basically supplied by the same few manufacturers. And since that is a fact, Evolution offers a lifetime (more than Hot Springs or Sun dance) on the frame and a unmatched on the shell. Whats left? As far as customer support, Chad is the most reliable source either on the net or off. If you have a question he answers online or on the phone. All these Costco bashes (based on a poor history) will have to face the fact that Costco has a good line at a good price. It is true Costco has had a bad history, but the Evolution Spa has a 2-3 year history. All you give up from the Strong Spa line ( a good tub) is some Warranty. Yes they have some inferior models as reflected in the prices they offer, but tubs like the Centurion (6K) are far from cheap but I will put them against a high end 10K tub anytime. Same quality tub....PERIOD. I will soon be purchasing a Evolution tub, and I can tell you I have researched for a year. It is a no brainier IMO.

I may be wrong, but I don't believe Chad is affiliated with Strong anymore. I admit that I have been exceptionally busy and have not been on the forum much lately, so I may have missed something. Has he rejoined Strong??

John

I may be wrong, but I don't believe Chad is affiliated with Strong anymore. I admit that I have been exceptionally busy and have not been on the forum much lately, so I may have missed something. Has he rejoined Strong??

John

Yes, he is still there.

That is good - he seemed like an asset to them but it sounded like he was leaving. I can't recall seeing him post here for quite a long time.

John

Yes, he is still there.

That is good - he seemed like an asset to them but it sounded like he was leaving. I can't recall seeing him post here for quite a long time.

He wasn't happy about something and talked about leaving. Maybe he wasn't happy they were replacing him on these boards with employees who would pose as spa owners lol.

• 1 year later...
  • 9 years later...
On 5/26/2010 at 8:02 PM, Chad M said:

Hey everyone!

Just figured I'd start a general thread for any questions/comments/concerns about our spa company. We manufacture the spas sold through Costco (US/Canada), Sam's Club, Sears Canada, and BJ's Wholesale Club, and of course our pretty large dealer network. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask! I'm on as much as I can to help with anything you want to know about our spas. I am trying to keep this thread separate from "how's it doing" to "I want to know more". Either way I watch them all and will answer anywhere I'm needed.

Thanks for the support,

Chad

Why doe Sams club only he a 2 year warrantee when Strong spas has a three?

• 8 months later...
On 1/30/2022 at 2:33 PM, Dennis B. said:

Why doe Sams club only he a 2 year warrantee when Strong spas has a three?

A product warranty is a cost for the manufacturer.  It costs a manufacturer >50% more to provide a 3 year warranty than a 2 year warranty. So if it is trying to keep the costs down, a shorter warranty will be a component.  Don't assume, without evidence, that there is any physical difference in 2 products, from the same manufacturer, based on differing warranty length.