Strong Spas - Evolution, Everlast, Celestial, Esprit, Strong Premium, And More!

Chad M

Hey everyone!

Just figured I'd start a general thread for any questions/comments/concerns about our spa company. We manufacture the spas sold through Costco (US/Canada), Sam's Club, Sears Canada, and BJ's Wholesale Club, and of course our pretty large dealer network. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask! I'm on as much as I can to help with anything you want to know about our spas. I am trying to keep this thread separate from "how's it doing" to "I want to know more". Either way I watch them all and will answer anywhere I'm needed.

Thanks for the support,

Chad

I actually have a few questions. First off whats the difference between what you sell @ sam's and what's at costco. From costco I'm most interested in the csxi80, but I'm also a member of sams so wanted to see what they had and if it was the same.

Second, more technical question here. I saw on another thread there is a 15min cutoff for the jets when you run them on high. Now if I could easily kick them back on I wouldn't consider it a problem, but the idea of having to get up to goto the control from across the spa sounds like a hassle. Since I'm gettin this spa for some relaxation, I'm actually thinking more about other brands because of this. So are there any solutions to have run longer or restart it easily? Also is there any reason for this 15min time mechanically? Does it put extra wear and tear on the motors etc that it is best to let it recover from?

Third question is more about jet pressure. I also read another post about the 1 pump for the captains chairs and one for the rest of the spa. So I'm a little concerned about jet pressure, although to be perfectly honest I'm getting the spa for my upper back/shoulders so I assume I'll be in these chairs 90% of the time. However, is it easy to turn off seats or the waterfall if they are not in use/wanted and will it boost the jet pressure in the remaining open jets significantly?

I really like the price point and features of the csxi80 on paper, but there are so many mixed messages out there and I can't wet test it, so I'm very hesitant to pull the trigger on it. I've started looking around at dealers, specifically D1, Hotspring, and Jacuzzi and their price point is definately much higher, but I can at least check them out and I would rather pay the extra money to get something I would enjoy than pay less for something I will regret later. Anyways just my little comentary there :).

Do you guys have a dealer search or know if there are any costco's that carry the spa in store? I'm curious to atleast sit in it dry to see how the captain's chairs fit. I sent an email asking about a texas dealer, but got the response of there is none. I know costco's return policy and all, but it isn't free to return a 1000lb item.

Well, since you've started a general Strong/Evolution thread, I have questions on service and support. You are a great resource Chad and from what I've read the Strong customer service is good in general, but how does it work if the spa requires warrantee service? Do you contract with local spa techs who are familiar with (and hopefully trained on) the servicing of your products? What happens if the spa has to be replaced? Am I on the hook for the cost to have it removed and shipped back to Strong? And lastly, you may not be able to respond to this, but others may know -- what happens if I am not satisfied and want to take Costco up on their money back guarantee? Am I responsible for the cost of returning it? I imagine that can be significant.

Well, since you've started a general Strong/Evolution thread, I have questions on service and support. You are a great resource Chad and from what I've read the Strong customer service is good in general, but how does it work if the spa requires warrantee service? Do you contract with local spa techs who are familiar with (and hopefully trained on) the servicing of your products? What happens if the spa has to be replaced? Am I on the hook for the cost to have it removed and shipped back to Strong? And lastly, you may not be able to respond to this, but others may know -- what happens if I am not satisfied and want to take Costco up on their money back guarantee? Am I responsible for the cost of returning it? I imagine that can be significant.

Hi, as far as your last question, I just returned a 3yr old spa to Costco, and just got the Strong.... I did have to pay the cost of getting the tub back to Costco... although I did not push for getting that cost back. I had my refund in minutes...

sorry for cross posting.. forgot the one was started..

Balboa Speed 2 timeout - Just chatted with tech support at Balboa... you can change the dip switch setting to lengthen the time out from 15 min to 30.... which would be #5 on / #9 off.. that gives 2 hours on low, 30 on high... and fyi, there is a chart on the pack cover inside that shows several options ...

Sadly, it does not look like the remotes will work with the VS300 series... the tech guy said they would have to check with the engineers, but he though he remembered they only work with the 500 series..

Chad,

Can you give me the model number of the new 4kw Balboa heater that is replacing the 5.5kw in the CSXi80? Also what is the diameter of the plumbing to the jets?

One more thing...I just got my 60amp GFI for the spa delivered yesterday. Will using that instead of the 50amp cause problems? I can send it back, but I'm out the shipping costs(both ways).

Thanks,

Mike

Could you please describe the difference between the CSXi80 and the keywest Other than the keywest has a lounger. I am wanting to know specs between them I can not decide and hope knowing some spec might help me choose

Northernva,

The CSXi80 has twin 4HP pumps where the Key West has a single 4HP and a Blower pump. The blower pushes air through the jets as opposed to the normal vacuum air system. I still think power wise the 80 is the way to go although the 60 is nice.

Thanks,

Chad

I actually have a few questions. First off whats the difference between what you sell @ sam's and what's at costco. From costco I'm most interested in the csxi80, but I'm also a member of sams so wanted to see what they had and if it was the same.

Second, more technical question here. I saw on another thread there is a 15min cutoff for the jets when you run them on high. Now if I could easily kick them back on I wouldn't consider it a problem, but the idea of having to get up to goto the control from across the spa sounds like a hassle. Since I'm gettin this spa for some relaxation, I'm actually thinking more about other brands because of this. So are there any solutions to have run longer or restart it easily? Also is there any reason for this 15min time mechanically? Does it put extra wear and tear on the motors etc that it is best to let it recover from?

Third question is more about jet pressure. I also read another post about the 1 pump for the captains chairs and one for the rest of the spa. So I'm a little concerned about jet pressure, although to be perfectly honest I'm getting the spa for my upper back/shoulders so I assume I'll be in these chairs 90% of the time. However, is it easy to turn off seats or the waterfall if they are not in use/wanted and will it boost the jet pressure in the remaining open jets significantly?

I really like the price point and features of the csxi80 on paper, but there are so many mixed messages out there and I can't wet test it, so I'm very hesitant to pull the trigger on it. I've started looking around at dealers, specifically D1, Hotspring, and Jacuzzi and their price point is definately much higher, but I can at least check them out and I would rather pay the extra money to get something I would enjoy than pay less for something I will regret later. Anyways just my little comentary there :).

Do you guys have a dealer search or know if there are any costco's that carry the spa in store? I'm curious to atleast sit in it dry to see how the captain's chairs fit. I sent an email asking about a texas dealer, but got the response of there is none. I know costco's return policy and all, but it isn't free to return a 1000lb item.

Hi Chad.. maybe adding the dip switch settings for pump timeout in your user guide would be a good idea? .. or maybe just have your factory set it to 30 minutes from the start? Seems that a 15 min timeout is pretty short as a default? rolleyes.gif

Hi, as far as your last question, I just returned a 3yr old spa to Costco, and just got the Strong.... I did have to pay the cost of getting the tub back to Costco... although I did not push for getting that cost back. I had my refund in minutes...

Hi Rick... can I ask what was wrong with the spa from Costco..??.. Which one was it..??.. We're considering buying a spa and I like Costco's return policy...so was leaning towards buying it there. Also what did it cost to get it back to the store..??..i.e. Did you have to hire movers or something..??.. ...just curious.

Many thanks..

Jann

I have a CSXi80 and I am having a 60A GFI installed with 6AWG wire (90 feet). If I change the #10 dip and and the #5(on)/#9 (off) that should allow my heater to run with both pumps on and also allow for 30 min on high and 2 hours on low correct? Is there any reliablity issues or downside to doing this? Also, I live in Texas, is there an easy way to shut the heater completely off in the hot part of summer and will this save electricity. Maybe I can just set the temp at a low setting and the heater will not kick on.

Thanks,

Rich

I have a CSXi80 and I am having a 60A GFI installed with 6AWG wire (90 feet). If I change the #10 dip and and the #5(on)/#9 (off) that should allow my heater to run with both pumps on and also allow for 30 min on high and 2 hours on low correct? Is there any reliablity issues or downside to doing this? Also, I live in Texas, is there an easy way to shut the heater completely off in the hot part of summer and will this save electricity. Maybe I can just set the temp at a low setting and the heater will not kick on.

Thanks,

Rich

Also, I have a 2009 model and the 5.5KW heater instead of the new 4K unit. Are the dip switches the same and does this cause any issue with the cahnges I mentioned?

Thanks,

Rich

Hey everyone!

Just figured I'd start a general thread for any questions/comments/concerns about our spa company. We manufacture the spas sold through Costco (US/Canada), Sam's Club, Sears Canada, and BJ's Wholesale Club, and of course our pretty large dealer network. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask! I'm on as much as I can to help with anything you want to know about our spas. I am trying to keep this thread separate from "how's it doing" to "I want to know more". Either way I watch them all and will answer anywhere I'm needed.

Thanks for the support,

Chad

Hey everyone!

Thanks for the support,

Chad

Chad,

I am very interested in the Evolution Key West spa that is sold thru Costco. I live in Arlington,TX and have not been able to find any local dealers where I can go look at one. Does anyone carry your spa in the DFW area?

CHAD,

I have an issues with water collecting/leaking in the bottom of the cabinet of the CSXi80? I found about an inch of water.I can not seem to find where it is comming from. I used a wet vac to remove it and by morning it had collected more water. No outside source like rain or sprinklers. Going to call strong on Moday, but in the mean time, still searching. All the fittings around the pumps and heater are dry. Also posted on the other thread.

Chad,

I did some more investigatig and I think I have a water leak somewhere near the middle of the tub. The hoses and foam are in the way, so I can not tell exactly where it is comming from. I pulled 2.5 gallons give or take yesturday and about a half a gallon today. Please help!!!!!!!

Strowger2

Hey everyone!

Thanks for the support,

Chad

Chad,

I am very interested in the Evolution Key West spa that is sold thru Costco. I live in Arlington,TX and have not been able to find any local dealers where I can go look at one. Does anyone carry your spa in the DFW area?

Chad,

My question is similar to Chad's. Where would I go for any issues with the Key West spa? I live the San Jose, CA bay area, and this is my only hesitation in buying it.

thanks,

Nancy

Could you please describe the difference between the CSXi80 and the keywest Other than the keywest has a lounger. I am wanting to know specs between them I can not decide and hope knowing some spec might help me choose

The CSXi80 has 2x 4HP pumps where as the Key West has a single 4HP pump and a Blower (forces air through the jets for increased power)

Thanks,

Chad

CHAD,

I have an issues with water collecting/leaking in the bottom of the cabinet of the CSXi80? I found about an inch of water.I can not seem to find where it is comming from. I used a wet vac to remove it and by morning it had collected more water. No outside source like rain or sprinklers. Going to call strong on Moday, but in the mean time, still searching. All the fittings around the pumps and heater are dry. Also posted on the other thread.

This could be from splashing as the water may pass some of the air controls. But, if you see the water in one area only then there is possibly a slow leak somewhere. Give us a call and we can have a tech come out and check out for a leak.

Thanks,

Chad

Hey everyone!

Thanks for the support,

Chad

Chad,

Chad,

My question is similar to Chad's. Where would I go for any issues with the Key West spa? I live the San Jose, CA bay area, and this is my only hesitation in buying it.

thanks,

Nancy

Nancy,

We contract a local technician to do any repairs on the spas. If parts are needed we send them directly to you. I do know we have a very good tech in the San Jose area, but without being at work I am not quite sure of the name. You can always call us during business hours to find the name of the company that we would use to service your spa.

Thanks,

Chad

Chad,

I did some more investigatig and I think I have a water leak somewhere near the middle of the tub. The hoses and foam are in the way, so I can not tell exactly where it is comming from. I pulled 2.5 gallons give or take yesturday and about a half a gallon today. Please help!!!!!!!

Strowger2

Strowger,

Sounds like you might have a suction with a leak. Give us a call on Monday and we'll find a tech to come out and repair the leak.

Thanks,

Chad

Hey everyone!

Thanks for the support,

Chad

Chad,

Tenbears,

I think one of the tech's already answered your question. I remember seeing a similar e-mail coming into the support box. If not please know that we do not yet have any dealers in that area. The only place that might have one of our spas in that area would be if one of the Sam's club stores in that area has decided to put one in the store. I know the 400 we sent out to stores has already almost sold out. I overheard a conversation between the Sam's club buyer and the President and they are very please with the response and are thinking of expanding the sales of the spas to more stores. The only other company that sells our spas around that area is Leslie's Poolmart, but they only have our roto lines so not much use there other than seeing some of the quality.

Thanks,

Chad

Thanks,

Rich

Also, I have a 2009 model and the 5.5KW heater instead of the new 4K unit. Are the dip switches the same and does this cause any issue with the cahnges I mentioned?

Thanks,

Rich

Rich,

No this will not affect anything. The pack is designed to handle it we just do not normally turn those features on to help keep the cost of running lower. You sound like you are completely set to run those features without any problems.

Thanks,

Chad

Strong spas is coming to the 2010 international trade show in Lyon, France! November 16-19th look out Europe we are blowing up in the Americas and we already have a foothold there. Be careful here we come!