Beachcomber 700 Series Vs Coast Spa 2 Motor Spas

Tripp

Update for you.......

We bought a BC this weekend - model 720. We looked hard at them all, and the quality build along with the dealers reputation was what did it for us.

Many thanks for the input and advice, and you'll no doubt see more questions from us as we become first-time hot tub owners!

Again, thanks!

Congrats Tripp...You wont be dissapointed...good choice.

Update for you.......

We bought a BC this weekend - model 720. We looked hard at them all, and the quality build along with the dealers reputation was what did it for us.

Many thanks for the input and advice, and you'll no doubt see more questions from us as we become first-time hot tub owners!

Again, thanks!

good pick happy tbbin'

well i thought this was a hot tub forum were people post there views and opinions about the products to find out which ones are superior and i didn't know that it was apparently required that you have to be a member on here for some time before you post,all i know is that buying a coast spa is a complete crap shoot,there are some descent spas at best that come out of the factory ,but i will put money on it that at least half the spas that leave the plant have flaws before they even get loaded onto the trucks,and some of the stuff they say on their website is so misleading,like them saying they use up to eight layers of fiberglass to coat the tubs lol more like two,and i was there when they got iso certified you know how they pulled that off they gave half the people the day off when the iso inspectors came through the plant,mainly the ones who don't really know what they are doing,i could go on for a while about some of the things i witnessed when i worked there.....and yes david good ole don still has his rock star hair,maybe if he worried less about his i am a god identity and more about the product thats coming out of the factory you would not hear about some of these storys,like the one where five months ago chad the gm had to fly too france and the uk and spend over a week there to fix all the tubs from a big shipment because they were so dissapointed the dealers wanted to cancel their remaining orders..but i digress,all i know is that if they worried more about quality over quantity the could have a way better product but unfortunetly thats not the case.

Since this thread is no longer about the customer I am going to leave it alone. Until I see the issues mentioned by david_bilton or surreyguy or see poor quality my stance is they make a good product. You two have your right to an opinion and so I do so I and at this point its best to agree to disagree.

here's another one for you i have a coast spa owner who bought a new spa cover from one of thier dealers 4 months ago and the thing broke in the middle when they contacted the dealer about it they said so sad when they phoned the factory they were told sorry can't help contact your dealer.... some help that was ..yet that seemto be normal

I am absolutely amazed that anyone would even consider this Surreyguy having any knowledge at all. He is simply bashing competitors. His complete untruths are everywhere. Coast Spas is the only Spa Manufacturer in Canada that has the distinguished registration to ISO 9001-2008 and only 2 other Spa manufacturers in the World share this prestigious quality designation.

I am absolutely amazed that anyone would even consider this Surreyguy having any knowledge at all. He is simply bashing competitors. His complete untruths are everywhere. Coast Spas is the only Spa Manufacturer in Canada that has the distinguished registration to ISO 9001-2008 and only 2 other Spa manufacturers in the World share this prestigious quality designation.

it is also the only spa manufacturer that has had it's ISO pulled a year after it was issued and for 'getbacktowork's' information i was a coast spa factory trained spa tech and one of the first to take the "coast spa university" course in the factory so on that note what do you know about coast flaws?

Surreguy has made a few comments that only someone who has inside information would know so unless you are a coast spa rep or just a flag waver you can debunk his post

ohh i know i guess working at the factory for four years i probably do not have any knowledge i mean it is coast we are talking about...and far as iso is concerned it doesn't prove a thing iso does not oversee the day to day building of the tubs so get your head out of your butt,so why dont you tell me what so called untruths i have spoke of ???If you really want to get into it go ahead i have alot more really good truths about the worlds so called best built spas.

ohh i know i guess working at the factory for four years i probably do not have any knowledge i mean it is coast we are talking about...and far as iso is concerned it doesn't prove a thing iso does not oversee the day to day building of the tubs so get your head out of your butt,so why dont you tell me what so called untruths i have spoke of ???If you really want to get into it go ahead i have alot more really good truths about the worlds so called best built spas.

SPILL THE BEENS what else should the consuming public know?

looks as if the surreyguy has no job at all, probably got canned. all documentation on who is ISO and currently registed is available on line. i am sure part of being ISO quality is removing those employees that have no clue what they are doing. as my handle says, get back to work....Mr Surrey Guy, that is if you have a job.

just as i thought some lame ass personal attack i guess you didn't want to talk about the so called untruths because they are all true and actually i quit coast for a way better paying job where i work later in the day thank you very much.,,and your i am sure part of being iso quality is removing those employees that have no clue what they are doing comment totally proves how little you really know about the iso program.,, cause if they did they would have to fire half the company.

looks as if the surreyguy has no job at all, probably got canned. all documentation on who is ISO and currently registed is available on line. i am sure part of being ISO quality is removing those employees that have no clue what they are doing. as my handle says, get back to work....Mr Surrey Guy, that is if you have a job.

so is it Mr or Miss? either way you sure seem to want to debunk The surreyguy's post's. so why don't you tell us a little about your self? how long have you worked in the spa industry?who's product do you support?the only 4 post's that you have all seem to either support coast flaws or just bash the surreyguy.what's up with that?

• 2 weeks later...

so is it Mr or Miss? either way you sure seem to want to debunk The surreyguy's post's. so why don't you tell us a little about your self? how long have you worked in the spa industry?who's product do you support?the only 4 post's that you have all seem to either support coast flaws or just bash the surreyguy.what's up with that?

Hi all, congrats on your purchase of the BC. You know it is all very confusing when looking for a Hot Tub. I am a first time buyer, and in fact made my decision yesterday and laid out my deposit. Before I tell you the decision, here are a few things that I think I learned over the course of my decision making.

1. There are a lot of good tubs out there, as well as many on the dark side.

2. When making a decision, you really need to look at at the options that you NEED, and then those that you want, and then look at the cost delta and determine your comfort level of purchase.

3. DO your research.. now threads like these are great, however are often misleading. How many people take the time to say how much like they like something..well few in comparision to the people that have encountered a problem and are looking for either assistance, or need to vet their frustration and do some bashing.

4. Warranty. Wow.. you really need to look at the "fine print".. where some dealers say..hey do not worry about it, its all covered, the manufacturer may have you with a lot less coverage than you think, and by the way, if you want it fixed, you may have to send it across the continent, on your dime.

5. The dealer...you need to be comfortable with the dealer/store.. Remember, they are going to be the ones looking after you at the end of the day.

Ok.. this is all basic.

I looked at a number of spas, and spoke with friends of mine that had them..well that did not help to much as they have all had good experiences thus far, from Artic, Beach Comber, Coast, etc. excluding the Costco models which had a good entry price however the operating costs seemed to be very high. I was alomst sold on the Dynasty Caspian model. It had all the Bells and whistles I wanted, and the sales person told me about the excellent warranty. Sounded great.. I then contacted the manufacturer, who sent me the warranty coverage information, and low and behold.. there was pro-rating for years 4 and 5, (though this is pretty typical), as well as the fact that I may have to ship my unit to the US for repair? Damn I live near Toronto. When I questioned the sales person, who seemed on the up and up... I could not get an answer.

So.. long and the short.. I like BC, however with the options I wanted..it was $$$$, so I dropped by a Coast Spa dealer, who has been in business at the same location for a number of years (20ìsh). The sales person took the time for me to ask all the questions, sit in all the tubs, and then when I was ready, discuss the price. I asked to see the warranty information, and though it was stated, again pro-rated, the store provided me with the written warranty of 5 yrs on all parts, with he exception of the radio..(1yr), and the lifetime on the shell (30yrs)...you can read the details.

So for me.. there was a trust established..(hope it holds true), pretty good reports on Coast, though every manufacturer has issues, and a price that I could live with.. (expecting deliver over the next 4-5 weeks)..

Cheers