Multiple Airlocks

Just when I think I've gotten everything squared away with chemistry, now I have more phsyical problems! Gah!

OK - pump 1, which is a lounger and two "blaster" (? I think ?) jets hooked into a 3 HP 2 speed waterway pump + wet end. I've looked at the pump and the sides to see if there are any areas weeping and I don't see anything. What could be causing the airlocks?

Just when I think I've gotten everything squared away with chemistry, now I have more phsyical problems! Gah!

OK - pump 1, which is a lounger and two "blaster" (? I think ?) jets hooked into a 3 HP 2 speed waterway pump + wet end. I've looked at the pump and the sides to see if there are any areas weeping and I don't see anything. What could be causing the airlocks?

what kind of spa is it all have there own little tricks to lean?

It's a WindRiver, they are a local shop / mfg based here in Denver, CO. Other than a recent debacle with some diverters, I've found almost all of their parts to be waterway (pumps are AO smith w/ waterway wetends I believe).

So thinking of this, I called WR today and they told me "That's really odd. We almost never see that". When I asked "When is the thing that makes you say 'Almost' they said sometimes something gets loose or there is a leak. The odd part is that I see no leak.

In general, how does one go about troubleshooting an airlock? How does it form 'usually'?

• 1 month later...

So, this post is decrepitly old, but I did find out a couple of things trolling through some old posts:

#1 - someone mentioned filling the hot tub through the filter was imperative, and I honestly don't know if I did that on the last fill.

#2 - I went on vacation, so I shocked to 15 PPM and when I came back 6 days later it was at 0, so I figured it was growing something funky. I threw in some spa flush and got a flithy green funk out. I nitro shocked again after it and then dumped the water.

After the dump and refill my pump works great with no recurring airlock. Perhaps it was water level? Perhaps it was murky crap on the impeller? Who knows, but the problem is resolved! Woo Hoo!