New House With Pool

Hello to all

I'm new here , Just bought a house in Palm Desert Calif. with a inground 15000 gal. pool with spa, about 15 years old. Pool equipment appears orignal, has 2 pumps, a 1.5hp for the pool and a 2.5hp for the 6 jet spa. Spa pump has stopped working, my question is can I replace both of these pumps with one of the Pentair Intelliflo pumps. The cost of electricity is very high out here would this seem a good way to cut back on the cost?

Thanks for any help

Robert

How is your system set up?

Does the spa overflow into the pool, or is it completely separate?

If it's separate, your spa pump is probably a two speed. Either way, as fireman said, using one pump for both is going to require, at the least, some plumbing, but could involve a lot more depending on how everything was set up.

However, we have seen some incredible electricity savings with Intelliflo's. So don't throw that idea out completely without doing some more research.

you can put an intelliflo on the filtration pump and save some money but the i would just replace the motor in the jet pump unless its an old brass pump . you only use it when you want jet action it doesnt filter or heat it just moves water . so even with an intelliflo you are going to be running it at high speeds . also title 20 doesnt apply to water features and i have a 3 year old used 2 hp whisperflow pump that would work great as your jet pump so if you ever head toward temecula on a weekend and are interested in it i will give you a good deal on it . also a 2 pump system is the smartest way to go . it allows you to run a low hp pump for filtration and a high hp pump that is not filtered for jets so jet action is never slowed by a dirty filter

Hello to all

I'm new here , Just bought a house in Palm Desert Calif. with a inground 15000 gal. pool with spa, about 15 years old. Pool equipment appears orignal, has 2 pumps, a 1.5hp for the pool and a 2.5hp for the 6 jet spa. Spa pump has stopped working, my question is can I replace both of these pumps with one of the Pentair Intelliflo pumps. The cost of electricity is very high out here would this seem a good way to cut back on the cost?

Thanks for any help

Robert

Thanks for the information

The spa does overflow into the pool, could I drop the size of the pool pump to a 1/2 or 3/4 hp pump for turn over and vacuuming of the pool.

Thanks again

Robert