Arctic Summit Too Hot

We have an Arctic Summit that is 5 months old. Now that the weather is getting warmer we are setting the temperature to around 101-102. Each time we open the lid to use it the temp reading is 104. I don't understand why the actual temperature would exceed the set temp.....is there a problem with the thermostat?

We have an Arctic Summit that is 5 months old. Now that the weather is getting warmer we are setting the temperature to around 101-102. Each time we open the lid to use it the temp reading is 104. I don't understand why the actual temperature would exceed the set temp.....is there a problem with the thermostat?

How much filtering do you have it set to do each day and at what time of the day?

I had this issue with my Marquis spa last year. When they set up and filled the spa the power was turned on about 2:00pm. The cleaning cycle runs for 2 hours twice a day and I would get the overheat error message. I changed the cycling times to 6:00am and 6:pm. This cleared up my overheat error.

How much filtering do you have it set to do each day and at what time of the day?

Sorry to sound like a real ditz...but I have no idea :( Whatever they set it to when they came and installed. In the cold weather the temperature was always exactly at where it was set to. Now that we have spring weather (finally!) it's running at 2-3 degrees higher than where it is set.

Is the spa outdoors in the sun?

Sorry to sound like a real ditz...but I have no idea :( Whatever they set it to when they came and installed. In the cold weather the temperature was always exactly at where it was set to. Now that we have spring weather (finally!) it's running at 2-3 degrees higher than where it is set.

Is the spa outdoors in the sun?

half the day would be sunny, the other half shady....

I had this issue with my Marquis spa last year. When they set up and filled the spa the power was turned on about 2:00pm. The cleaning cycle runs for 2 hours twice a day and I would get the overheat error message. I changed the cycling times to 6:00am and 6:pm. This cleared up my overheat error.

I'm not getting any overheat or error messages though. It's just that the temp reading is about 2 or more degrees higher than the set point.