South Jersey contractros

Guest Carla

Hi,

Need advice on several South Jersey contractors: Del-val, Niagara, Budd's, Van Brill. We are looking to get a liner pool but are confused about the sales pitches that we have heard particularly about steel walls vs polymer.... any advice is appreciated.

Carla

Guest Brian Kelly

I am in the same situation you are in went to all the same places. I would eliminate Del-Val. NIagara and Van-Brill are my two choices. I am still leary about the polymer walls.

Guest contractor south jersey

hi,

threres alot of things to check for .all pool companies try to do there best . you should ask questions about, how long is it going to take or ,if they hit water how much is it going to cost , if you have stumps in the way of the pool, have them removed dont have them ginded because the pool company will charge to remove anything in the ground.make sure you tell the pool company that they dont take too much fill dirt away because you dont want to buy any.make sure your pool is not too low to let too much water flow into your pool.

• 2 weeks later...

I am in the same situation you are in went to all the same places. I would eliminate Del-Val. NIagara and Van-Brill are my two choices. I am still leary about the polymer walls.

I have to strongly disagree. My experience with del-val was top notch. The other "main builders" in south jersey, including others not mentioned above, made me feel as if I were in a used car dealership. In fact, Niagra's whole presentation was TRASHING del-val with virtually no info on the pool itself. As for the wall debate. Its this easy....steel walls will be in my backyard longer than i could ever possibly want them to be there with no chance of twisting or bending at the seems. My neighbor has a polymer pool wall and when he went to replace a liner they bowed inward. I understand it wasn't the builders fault, but all they could say is that maybe the walls would go back into shape when the water filled up again.......it didn't. Hope this helps. I will gladly email pictures of my del val pool to any that want them. I am quite proud of it.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

We are in South Jersey, trying to decide on a vinyl liner installation.

Looking at Budds' Pools, Van Brill. Are there any references on Del-Val?

You can email me directly at jmccole@alambry.com

Thank you.

I have to strongly disagree. My experience with del-val was top notch. The other "main builders" in south jersey, including others not mentioned above, made me feel as if I were in a used car dealership. In fact, Niagra's whole presentation was TRASHING del-val with virtually no info on the pool itself. As for the wall debate. Its this easy....steel walls will be in my backyard longer than i could ever possibly want them to be there with no chance of twisting or bending at the seems. My neighbor has a polymer pool wall and when he went to replace a liner they bowed inward. I understand it wasn't the builders fault, but all they could say is that maybe the walls would go back into shape when the water filled up again.......it didn't. Hope this helps. I will gladly email pictures of my del val pool to any that want them. I am quite proud of it.