Jandy Lt400n-l Problems

TBoyd

I have had problems with this heater ever since it was installed. I was told that I had to get a bigger gas regulator so I had the gas company put the largest residential regulator that they had. I had a new line put in to the heater from the regulator. I had the WC checked last year and it was OK. I will check it again tomorrow. I just put new filters in the water filter unit so I know it is getting enough water flow. It cycles three times and then gives me the AGS light.

I read the previous posts and some sound just like my problem. Blower starts in low, I get ignition, see glow in the peep hole and the fan goes to high. It heats for a while then starts the cycle again. After three cycles it shuts off and I get the AGS light. What should I do next...I do not know anything about this heater and do not have an exploded view or manual. Thanks.

yah im dealing with one of these now and facing a simuliar problem except it does not fire up at all and no glowing hot surface ignitor . the only thing i can think is maybe your flame sensor is causing your problem .im not an expert on these heaters but first i would go with flame sensor and then possibly hot surface ignitor . might want to see what the pool clown recommends first though . he seems to know these heaters

Last time i had a call with this heater, I found that the burner right under the flame sensor had a spider web in the jet. Once cleared, heater ran fine.

I have cleaned everything around and under the equipment, checked all of the wiring and grounding. I have an exploded view of the heater now so I will begin to troubleshoot tonight. I do have a few questions though:

How do I get to the flame sensor and hot surface ignitor?

I assume that there is a cover to remove to get to them and if so, can I run the equipment with the cover removed?

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the manual.

Question: For my LT400N, the manual indicates that I need to run a 1.5" pipe over to the heater since the span is 50-60 feet. However, my gas meter is 3/4" and the heater is 3/4". Is it practical/normal to use 1.5" pipe for distances that are 50-60 feet? What have you pool experts seen/installed? Or, do you run 3/4" pipe and crank up the pressure and then regulate it back at the heater?

Im sorry, but you will have to contact your township or a certified electrician for the piping and distances.

Thanks Newbie, but I'm not sure what an electrician has to do with gas piping. As far as electricity, I am definitely good on that. I'd rather ask experienced heater installers?

• 11 months later...

<!--quoteo(post=105419:date=Apr 16 2010, 06:42 PM:name=Pool Clown)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pool Clown @ Apr 16 2010, 06:42 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=105419"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Last time i had a call with this heater, I found that the burner right under the flame sensor had a spider web in the jet. Once cleared, heater ran fine.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I have cleaned everything around and under the equipment, checked all of the wiring and grounding. I have an exploded view of the heater now so I will begin to troubleshoot tonight. I do have a few questions though:

How do I get to the flame sensor and hot surface ignitor?

I assume that there is a cover to remove to get to them and if so, can I run the equipment with the cover removed?

You cleaned "around" everything ... but you need to clean "INSIDE" the jets. That's where the spiders like to make their nests. Happens to us every year.

The gas brass nozzles/jets screw off. Just BE CAREFUL not to over-tighten as my husband broke two nozzles off. He couldn't find the part and had to fabricate replacements.

If anyone knows where we can buy JUST the small brass nozzles - PLEASE let us know!