Unusual Problem...pine Sol In The Spa

seligman

I looked outside today and found my spa water very cloudy. On Saturday, I changed out the water, backwashed the DE filter, added new DE, added muriatic acid, and chlorinated. Today's water test revealed TA = 150, and pH = 7.7. This puzzled me because the TA was 100 on Easter Sunday.

Then I discovered a rag at the bottom of the spa. Over the weekend I cleaned the kitchen floors with Pine Sol (1/2 cup in 1 gallon of water). When I was done, I set the rags outside to dry.

At some point, the wind blew that rag into the spa. I'm guessing the cloudiness and higher TA is because of the Pine Sol residue on the rag.

Question: Does the water need to be changed out again, for health sake?

Nobody has any thing for this????...guess its time for a refill..sorry

I looked outside today and found my spa water very cloudy. On Saturday, I changed out the water, backwashed the DE filter, added new DE, added muriatic acid, and chlorinated. Today's water test revealed TA = 150, and pH = 7.7. This puzzled me because the TA was 100 on Easter Sunday.

Then I discovered a rag at the bottom of the spa. Over the weekend I cleaned the kitchen floors with Pine Sol (1/2 cup in 1 gallon of water). When I was done, I set the rags outside to dry.

At some point, the wind blew that rag into the spa. I'm guessing the cloudiness and higher TA is because of the Pine Sol residue on the rag.

Nobody has any thing for this????...guess its time for a refill..sorry

Never bathed in pine sol, regardless of the concentration.

I am sure Clorox would tell you to change the water if you called them about it.

A water change is less than $25......go that route.