Summer Tub Temp?

hrustar

My 500 gal tug is in full sun all day. It will pick up 5 to 10 degrees from solar in the summer.

I run 96 deg to 98 deg all during the winter months. For the summer I cut back to 88 to 92 depending upon the weather. If it's too hot I turn on the air jets to cool it down.

I'm a 102° guy in the winter, but wondering what people like to keep their tubs at in the summer? Do you cool it down to pool temps? That was my plan. FYI, my hot tub is outdoors.

I'm a 102° guy in the winter, but wondering what people like to keep their tubs at in the summer? Do you cool it down to pool temps? That was my plan. FYI, my hot tub is outdoors.
Where I live day time temps can exceed 105 F. in July. Who needs a hot tub in that kind of weather? At the beginning of summer I would pretty much decommission my portable spa until cooler weather made it more attractive. Currently I have an IG spa connected to the pool so it gets heated by the sun.

I keep my spa heated to 102 F almost year round, except for about a week in August when the temperature is in the 90's, then I lower the spa temperature to around 90 F. On a real hot day, it is nice to have a beer in a cool spa.

Dave