Leak In Pool Pump

Okira

We seem to have a leak in our pool pump, but I can't figure out what the problem is. When the pump is turned off there is no leaking, but after it's been running for a bit, there is water under the skimmer basket. I'd love to fix this myself, but I'm not sure what to do! Someone (pool repair man) told me I need a new pump, but I'm doubting this. Thanks!

We seem to have a leak in our pool pump, but I can't figure out what the problem is. When the pump is turned off there is no leaking, but after it's been running for a bit, there is water under the skimmer basket. I'd love to fix this myself, but I'm not sure what to do! Someone (pool repair man) told me I need a new pump, but I'm doubting this. Thanks!

can you post a picture of it or model #

probably leaking fron the shaft seal or seal plate o-ring . find a reasonable pool guy to do it i would not recommend you do it your self . and if you let them know what you have ( hayward model ... ) and you think it might be the shaft seal and seal plate o-ring then it might save you money because they can pick up the seals and do the job in one visit . before yopu call the pool guy check and see if the seal plate bolts are not loose .

probably leaking fron the shaft seal or seal plate o-ring . find a reasonable pool guy to do it i would not recommend you do it your self . and if you let them know what you have ( hayward model ... ) and you think it might be the shaft seal and seal plate o-ring then it might save you money because they can pick up the seals and do the job in one visit . before yopu call the pool guy check and see if the seal plate bolts are not loose .

Thanks!! My hubby is pretty good with fixing things, but is this a tough job?

I sent you a message with the parts you will need to fix it

• 2 weeks later...

I sent you a message with the parts you will need to fix it

I had a similiar issue and ended up just taking the motor to a local pool dealer. They repaired the problem with no labor charges. Just charged for the parts. If you have a Leslie Pool near you , they offer the same service.