Viking Laguna Deluxe

Minus any the hate that's out there on the forums for the brand... anyone out there have, used, installed/sold a Viking Laguna Deluxe? If so, how is the spa? How many people does it fit? I can't find the exact size of the spa anywhere (I think it's about 5' though I'm not sure). Thinking of getting one and wondering if the spa is adequate for a bunch of kids playing and a group of 4-6 adults using it. Also, interested to know how the spillway looks... seen pics but doesn't really do much for me. Does it spill into the pool? Looks like it is the same height and just kind of "flows" in which case how does the colder pool water not get into the spa? Thanks guys (and girls).

Minus any the hate that's out there on the forums for the brand... anyone out there have, used, installed/sold a Viking Laguna Deluxe? If so, how is the spa? How many people does it fit? I can't find the exact size of the spa anywhere (I think it's about 5' though I'm not sure). Thinking of getting one and wondering if the spa is adequate for a bunch of kids playing and a group of 4-6 adults using it. Also, interested to know how the spillway looks... seen pics but doesn't really do much for me. Does it spill into the pool? Looks like it is the same height and just kind of "flows" in which case how does the colder pool water not get into the spa? Thanks guys (and girls).

Platinumtouch,

Thank you for your interest in the Laguna Deluxe. The inside dimension of the spa is 5'4" in diameter. The spa itself is a total of 36" deep with the benches being 24" from the top of the coping. The overall circumference of the spa is 17' which when you take back the step area, leaves you with 13' of bench area for sitting. The unit would be comfortable for 3-4 persons but pretty cozy for more adults.

The spill way area is more of a pass-thru for the water as the pool/spa combo would be delivered to your yard. The water between the pool and spa is common to both areas. The unit is designed to also have two separate areas in the event a homeowner wants to isolate the pool from the spa.

The way that is accomplished is to add main drains in the spa area along with an additional skimmer. The unit is then isolated with the use of concrete forms to fill in the area between the pool and spa. Perimeter tile is then applied to the pool and spa to cover the area. It will look as though the two units were separate from the start when done properly. Your professional pool builder will separate the plumbing to accomplish how you want the entire pool/spa combination to perform.

I hope this answers your question.

• 3 months later...