New Tub..a Little Help Please

tagyerit

OK got the Tub last Tuesday, Jacuzzi j-365. So we have had water in it for 5 days. So far I am very happy with it. Here are my numbers from the Taylor kit.

City Water

Ozone

Aqua Finesse (still not to sure about this yet)

As an update and to make sure I was doing it right I redid the numbers this evening

FC 6.0 this is high

CC 0.5

PH 7.4

TA 130

CH 130

CYA 69 this is high

Morning Numbers

FC 6.6 this is high

CC 0.0 can this really be correct?

PH 7.5

TA 130

CH 130

CYA 69 this is high

Yesterdays numbers

FC 1.0

CC 0.5

PH 7.5

TA 140

CH 120

CYA 20 I dont think I did the CYA test right this day as I forgot to mix for 30 seconds.

As one would expect it had a high bather count during the last 5 days I guess around 32, 20 minute sessions .

Any feed back would as always be appreciated. THANKS

So it looks I am on to bleach and I would guess a refill next weekend which would be about 2 weeks. Thats OK as I figured there would be a learning curve. I believe the only way to bring down CYA is to get rid of some if not all water. According to the pool calc right now i would need to dump 71 percent and if Im going that far then I might as well dump it all.

OK got the Tub last Tuesday, Jacuzzi j-365. So we have had water in it for 5 days. So far I am very happy with it. Here are my numbers from the Taylor kit.

City Water

FC 6.6 this is high

CC 0.0 can this really be correct?

PH 7.5

TA 130

CH 130

CYA 69 this is high

Yesterdays numbers

FC 1.0

CC 0.5

PH 7.5

TA 140

CH 120

CYA 20 I dont think I did the CYA test right this day as I forgot to mix for 30 seconds.

As one would expect it had a high bather count during the last 5 days I guess around 32, 20 minute sessions .

Any feed back would as always be appreciated. THANKS

Looking pretty good, I would stop with the dichlor when you get to 30ppm CYA. Switch to an unstabilized chlorine, I.E. Bleach.

Maybe introduce some borates to help stabilize your PH, and then lower your TA a bit....if you TA is too high it will tend to pull your PH up. If you get it just right, it really locks in your PH and it won't change much for months.

Keep your FC from 1-5ppm and shock with MPS or chlorine when your CC gets to .5 or above.

Use the pool calculator for your calculations and if you have an iPhone/iPod get the pool calculator app.

Looks like you have a pretty good handle on things....good luck!